Chalet in Chateau d'Oex, Nr. Gstaad, Lake Geneva / Vaud, Switzerland - Chalet with Spectacular Views
The mountain views from the balconies of the chalet are spectacular! It is set above the village so the view is of the village itself with the mountains behind. Skiing in winter and hiking in summer! Chateau d'Oex is a small French speaking village with a number of restaurants, a gourmet 'traiteur' (butcher), plus small grocery stores and a supermarket. It is about 10kms to world renowned Gstaad and 20km to picturesque Gruyere. A small train, the Panoramic Express, winds through the mountains to Montreux in one direction and Interlaken the other. There is an exceptional Balloon week at the end of January. One can watch cheese being made in a local Fromagerie or hike up mountains to see the cows in the High Alpage, in summer. Lots of great hiking off the beaten track! Downhill skiing in winter can include the whole Gstaad valley. Great cross country ski track. Open floor plan, Living / dining with fireplace and views, fully equipped kitchen. Comfortably furnished,cable TV, many DVDs.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
Activity and Interests
Lake Geneva at Montreux is 45 mins away by MOB train and slightly longer by road.This has a promenade along the lake and boats go to various towns on the lake. One can go all the way to Geneva by boat and return by train.
Geneva airport is 2 hours away by car / train. Zurich is 3 hours away.
Chateau d'Oex can be reached by train from either airport. A car is recommended. However getting a local taxi to the chalet and arriving by train would save holdups on road due to snowfall in winter!
10km to Gstaad 20km to Gruyere. 30km to Aigle. 50km to Montreux / Chateau de Chinon. 80km to Lausanne. 85km to Bern. 145km to Geneva. 200km to Zurich.
Newly rebuilt and enlarged, well stocked Co-Op supermarket in village, larger choice of bigger supermarkets in Bulle. Village has a gourmet 'traiteur' / butcher with take out, ready to cook dishes. Small grocery stores, 2 bakeries, ski rental stores, bank with ATM machine, international newspapers on sale in station kiosk. Ski classes for adults and children in a very friendly small village setting. Tennis and swimming classes in summer months. Riding school.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£243|
|linen per person||£28|
|Stay tax||10.0% per night. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival.|
After indication of wanting to rent, the chalet will be held for a maximum of one week to facilitate arrival of payment etc.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day. Off season other days may be possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in CH.
200CHF end cleaning plus 35CHF linen charge per person. 10% Visitor's tax added to base rental rate. Security deposit of 300CHF(cash) to be given to concierge upon arrival. This will be returned on departure minus any charges for damages, if any.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs bathroom with bath / handheld shower, WC and wash basin. Upstairs bathroom with shower, WC,wash basin and hairdryer.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with large double (160x200cm). Bedroom 2 with European double. Bedrooms 3 and 4 with twin beds (2 in each).
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Cot and highchair are available if requested. 3 bedrooms have wonderful views of the village and mountains, 2 open to very private balcony. Outside: 2 balconies with fantastic views, small side yard, table and chairs on balcony at living room level, small table/chairs on upper balcony. Utility Room: Washer / dryer, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen is charged at 35CHF per person and end cleaning is 200CHF.