Farmhouse near Duras, Lot-et-Garonne, France - Peaceful Location Surrounded by Rollings Hills of Vineyards and Plum Orchards
New in 2014: New pool and wood-fired pizza oven. Le Vignoble is a restored stone farmhouse in a peaceful small hamlet surrounded by rolling hills of vineyards and plum orchards. It is furnished to a very high standard and is surrounded by a mature one acre garden with three secluded terraces and its own private heated pool. It comfortably sleeps 9 (two double bedrooms, one twin, and one triple bedroom), with family bathroom and new shower room. There is a newly refurbished well equipped kitchen, separate utility room, enormous barn sitting/dining room with French doors out to one of the terraces and the peaceful front garden. The large lawned rear garden backs onto the neighbouring vineyard. The bustling market towns of Duras and Ste Foy La Grande are only a short drive away, as are various vineyards that offer tastings. The lovely golf course at Chateau Vigiers, the Dordogne river (for canoeing and kayaking) and Bergerac are all within easy driving distance.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
The owners, Richard and Lisa, were Australians living in London and decided to purchase their own piece of France after many enjoyable family holidays in the region. Despite returning to Australia, they return annually, and have taken much care in the refurbishment of the property.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"The house is super, especially the large comfortable lounge & the well equipped kitchen. The outdoor areas are soooo relaxing! It was hard to leave in the mornings & wonderful to return in the afternoons".
"Had a lovely holiday. The house was amazing as were the surroundings. We enjoyed days sat by the pool & going to the local markets".
"We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Le Vignoble. The house is beautiful and the setting is very secluded & peaceful".
"Very beautiful house. Had a lovely time & can't wait till my next visit".
1 holidaymaker review
We had a wonderful week at this beautiful house. There were generous supplies in the welcome pack, the pool is stunning and the gardens are huge. Plentiful room in the bedrooms with comfortable beds and the bathrooms are wonderful. The kitchen is fantastically stocked with every utensil you could ever need and we had great fun using the pizza oven. The local restaurant is a winner, as is the boulangerie. We would not hesitate to return.
From the Owner
“We purchased Le Vignoble after a number of enjoyable family holidays in the region. When living in London we loved to escape to the peace and tranquility of rural France. It's an easy plane flight away (or a day trip in the car). The hamlet (consisting of only 7 houses) is at the end of a dead end road so there is no traffic - which is wonderful for our dogs who love to roam and visit the neighbours. The neighbouring French families have all been very welcoming and are helpful in our mastering of the French language! The property appealed to us immediately as not only is the house and garden beautiful but so are the surrounding rolling hills of vines and plum orchards.”
Activity and Interests
The Atlantic Coast is 1 hour 30 mins away by car.
Bergerac Airport is an easy 30-35 minute drive away. Bordeaux Airport is 1 hour 30 mins away by car (hire car companies re all based at both airports). Having a car at Le Vignoble is essential due to the rural location.
The nearest village of Villeneuve de Duras is one mile away (an easy drive or walk). There is a lovely boulangerie and a restaurant serving regional French food. There is also a doctor in the village. The market towns of Duras and Ste Foy La Grande are an easy drive away. The nearest supermarket and ATM machine are in Duras (10 minutes by car). Domaine du Grand Mayne, one of the top vineyards in the Appellation, is only a 5 minute drive away and offers wine tasting.
There is a Carrefour Supermarket in Duras and a large LeClerc in Ste Foy La Grande. There is a restaurant in the local village and many more in both Duras and Ste Foy La Grande. There are both ATM machines/banks and libraries in Duras and Ste Foy La Grande. The Dordogne River offers the opportunity to go canoeing or kayaking. There are numerous beautiful chateaux and market towns within the region for a wonderful day out. The beautiful town of St Emilion (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) is within an hours drive and is surrounded by many famous vineyards. The historical towns of Bergerac (30 minutes by car) and Bordeaux (1 hour 30 mins by car) both provide a lovely day trip.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
25% deposit required to secure booking. Balance (plus £250 per week of booking refundable security deposit) is due 8 weeks before rental period begins (directions to the property and arrival instructions will be provided when balance is received). Security deposit will be refunded, following confirmation of no damage, within two weeks of vacating property. Travel Insurance is strongly recommended - deposit is non-refundable.
Saturday changeover day. Arrival time is 4pm (there will be someone there to meet you) and departure time is 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The peace and tranquility of the rural location (whilst also having neighbours close by in the event of an emergency). The surrounding area is perfect for keen cyclists like Richard and there is a national walking route starting from the hamlet. The regional produce and wine are perfect for enthusiastic cooks like us.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor family bathroom with bath, over-bath shower, wc, bidet and basin. New shower room with extra large shower, wc and basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 with 3 single beds (very large bedroom on galleried level). Plus baby cot and extra travel cot (both with own linen).
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Telephone is for incoming calls and telephone cards only. There is underfloor heating, wood burner, and electric radiators so the house is available out of the Summer season. There is an upstairs playroom, however there are steep open-tread stairs leading to it. Babysitting and catered dinners available by arrangement. Outside: One acre mature secluded garden with three terraces (all with tables and chairs for dining/relaxing) and plenty of shaded spots, and a fenced pond. Large lawned rear garden backs on to neighbouring vineyard. Private heated (heated from May to September) 12 x 5m pool with 9 sun loungers (with cushions). The pool has an approved security fence that conforms to the new French regulations. There is ample room for sun lounging and there are numerous large outdoor umbrellas for shade by the pool or on the terraces. There is a gravelled drive and barbecue area that is perfect for playing petanque. Utility Room: Extra fridge for drinks and food, washing machine, ironing facilities vacuum cleaner, first aid kit, outdoor games (badminton, cricket, petanque) and sun lounger cushions. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and bath towels are included (pool towels not included). Mid week 2 hour maid service is included (plus linen and towel change on middle Saturday for two week rental periods). Other: Lovely entrance hall with stone floor leading into the two double bedrooms, the shower room and the kitchen. There are rattan chairs for a peaceful reading area.