Townhouse in Algorfa, Costa Blanca, Spain - Peaceful and Stunning Location, 5 Fantastic Golf Courses within minutes
Our property is an exceptionally well furnished 2 bedroom townhouse (sleeps 6) on a small development of 28 houses sharing a communal pool. It benefits from wonderful views of rolling Spanish countryside, orange and lemon groves and mountains. The property benefits from a garage, fantastic roof terrace with exquisite views, and a shaded balcony for those wishing to escape the heat. Only 15 minutes from the excellent Blue Flag beach at Guadamar, or the lively town of Torrevieja, with its water park, waterfront cafes, market and marina, for shopping, restaurants and nightlife, its ideal for a few days golf, leisure, or a complete summer / winter golfing or family holiday. There is a wide choice of Spanish and international cuisine within 200 metres and if you want to drive 10 minutes in any direction you will find cuisine of any variety-– for instance in 10 minutes you can drive to the Taj Mahal at Rojales for an Indian meal to rival any that we have eaten in England.
Top Traveller Review
Excellent property, would definitely recommend!
About the Owner
I live in Northern Ireland with my husband Stan and work with students at Queens University Belfast. We enjoy going back and forward to Algorfa, Spain to get away from things and get some heat and relaxation.
Guestbook comments from the manager
"I have just come back from a week at this delightful and friendly villa in such a wonderful part of Spain. The Villa is immaculate and very well equipped plus the surround area is ideal for any kind of holiday maker (but a car is essential). The roof terrace was fantastic and we had fun with the bbq!!!! The people who live in the complex and especially the neighbours were very helpful and the town of Algorfa is an unspoilt piece of Spain. The villa has a beautiful surroundings and is finished to a high standard with lovely decor. I will be booking my next holiday soon to this here and will be recommending it to family and friends. "
"Fabulous location for getting about seeing the country, beach etc. Loved the really close pool. Locals who lived there were really helpful and full of knowledge"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this property. We found the townhouse exactly as described, tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean and thoughtfully equipped."
4.5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent property, would definitely recommend!
I have given a 5 star because the property was beautiful and well maintained. 3 floors which included a roof terrace where we enjoyed an evening Bbq. 2 lovely balconies and the pool was just a few metres away made our stay perfect! Thanks to Carol (the owner) for the added assistance via mobile as this was our first stay with Owners Direct. Our family have already discussed staying again sometime in the future. Overall very good value. Note - need a car to get about.
My first impression was how quiet this area was. The property was immaculate inside and out, and I did not have to do anything like wash cutlery, plates, cups etc because all of these things were very clean. The downstairs toilet was spotless, as was the bathroom upstairs. The bedrooms were clean and tidy. The mattresses had protectors on as well. I have stayed here twice and look forward to the third trip.
From the Owner
“We love Algorfa because it is a piece of real Spain and not over commercialized. There are some beautiful beaches, great scenery and loads of great bars and restaurants. There really is something for everyone here. The area is easily accessible with Alicante or Murcia airport less than an 30 minutes drive away.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Because of the properties proximity to numerous Golf Courses we consider it a great place for a golf holiday. Golf clubs now available for your use avoiding costly sports baggage charges on your flight.Also La Finca 5* Hotel Across the road has sensational Spa facilities which are open to the public.Also has fantastic pool and tennis courts,golf driving range etc.
15 minutes drive from the excellent Blue Flag beach at Guadamar with other fantastic beaches in and around Torrevieja and Sao Paulo easily accessible.
Sun loungers and umbrellas can be hired cheaply on all beaches and the waves in this area are great. The beach at Guardamar is beautiful sand with a gently sloping incline into the sea and usually you can go quite far out and still only have the water up to your waist.
A must is the natural rock pools and waterfalls to at Fonts D'Algar.
Both Alicante and Murcia airports are 30 mins by car and each are served with the usual assortment of Budget carriers for those all important cheap flights.
Until recently I would say a car was essential but with the development of the surrounding area to include restaurants, bars, a small local supermarket etc you could now survive without a car.
However I would definitely recommend a car as there is so much to see and do you would miss out without one. Taxis could also prove expensive.
The house as indicated has bars, supermarkets etc within walking distance and Algorfa town has a beautiful town square for people watching and is walkable.
By car you have Almoradi (great Saturday market here) at 2 to 3 minutes away and Los Molinos at 5 mins. Rojales and San Miguel are 5 to 10 minute drive.
The lively town of Torrevieja, with its water park, waterfront cafes, market and marina, for shopping, restaurants and nightlife is 15 minutes by car as is Carrefour supermarket.
Of an evening you can wander down alongside the first fairway to the newly opened La Finca Resort Golf & Spa Hotel, or the clubhouse restaurant and bar to enjoy their superb cuisine.
Alternatively, just walk across the road to the resorts commercial area to enjoy the excellent facilities now open – with more to come. Join Robin and Julie at Bar La Cascada for drinks, “lite bites” wonderful views and a warm welcome, or enjoy excellence in wining and dining at Baybrooks’ restaurant and wine bar or the newly opened Witchery Restaurant. If you need internet access, El Lugar offers this, widescreen TV, breakfasts, drinks and bar snacks until 4pm in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere, and, next door, an excellent pizza/kebab restuarant/take away caters for those less formal occasions and supplies you with ample aperitifs while you wait.
If you’ve planned to self-cater, go round the corner to Johnson’s supermarket for a wide range of food, drink and other products, including bread freshly baked every day on the premises – but get there early, as it flies off the shelves.
And to really pamper yourself, try Bliss Health Hair & Beauty Salon, for a truly head to toe experience.
If you are feeling really healthy there is also a fully equipped gym which you can join for the duration of your holiday.
The commercial area also has numerous banks etc.
For an excellent meal with unlimited people watching opportunies try El Muelle in Torrevieja. Excellent food served sitting on the promenade. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Campoamor Golf Club has a fabulous restaurant and club house and serves excellent food.
If you like chinese there are plenty but please go to China Town in Guadamar. You will be served fantastic food until you are stuffed and when the bill comes you will query if they have made an error ---its that cheap!
Almoradi market on a Saturday morning is a must and indeed there is a market on in one of the local villages every day.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|refundable security depo||£100|
We are flexible with dates and have no fixed change over day as we know flights are usually cheaper during the week as opposed to weekends.All guests pat a £100 security deposit which is refunded 7 days after your stay concludes provided there is no damage or breakages.
To book you will pay half the rental at time of booking along with a security deposit(fully refundable upon conclusion of your stay)of £100.
The balance will be payable 8 weeks in advance of booking.
If booking made less that 8 weeks prior to departure the whole amount is payable on making booking.
Compulsory cleaning charge on every booking- £50
Check in-not before 3pm without prior agreement.
Check out -10am without prior agreement.
Notes on prices:
Prices for Easter and Half term holidays may differ from above.
1. Book 2 weeks November,December,January,February and save 10%
2. Loyalty discounts available for previous renters.
3. Book 3 weeks in June,July,August and get £100 off total price.
4. Book 20 weeks or more before departure and get early bird discount of 10%
5. Book 1 week before departure and get 15% discount.
All discounts negotiable at owners discretion and 1 promotional offer cant be coupled.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“For us its home from home but with the weather. Its easy to get to and from as the airports are so close. It feels like Spain as it used to be with the local villages etc properly Spanish. However there are lots of ex-pats here if you don't speak the lingo. The golf is great and the house is great for chilling out in. There are fantastic restaurants, theme parks and the Torrevieja fair so even the kids are happy. One of the things my wife and myself love is a barbeque on the roof terrace under the stars with a nice bottle of red!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- The property has a bathroom with bidet,toilet and overbath shower next to the 2 bedrooms. There is also a separate wc on the living floor.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and its own balcony with stunning views and providing access to the roof terrace. Air con and Ipod dock. Bedroom 2 is a cute twin bedded room.Air Con 2 more can be accommodated on the double bed settee in the living room.
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property benefits from air conditioning in the main double bedroom and this also couples as heating in winter. There are fans supplied for the remainder of the house together with some portable radiators. Please note there is an additional charge for the air conditioning. As indicated there are 2 sets of golf clubs at the property and they are free for you to use.Hopefully this will save you considerable money on your holiday as the cost of clubs on a flight is now £80 to £100 return(more expensive than your seat!) Also there is now an ipod dock for your use in the master bedroom and Playstation 2 with games. Outside: The pool area is right outside the front door of the property and is rarely busy or extensively used. It is a figure of 8 shaped pool with a small kids/dip pool beside. It is an averaged sized pool. The pool can be used 8.00am to 10pm and as indicated is shared. The roof terrace is large and provides stunning views in all directions. It has a gate at top of spiral staircase for safety and has power points, table and chairs,sun loungers, umbrella and is fantastic for sundown barbeques. We also supply a picnic table for your use together with lightweight deckchairs and a large freezer box for those days on the beach or wherever. Utility Room: Massive garage to store your boat/jet skies. 2 complete sets of Golf Clubs(Titliest Irons and Gary Player Anvil Irons,Balls etc)for your use-save on expensive Flight charges! Large box of toys for the kids Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and are abundant. We do try and control bed linen usage so always a fresh set of bedding for next renter but our agent will always provide more during your stay should you require it. Also some beach towels to use. Other: The property benefits from a large garage for storage (and for long term renters can be used to park a vehicle-although parking right outside in any event). Golf clubs are available for use (2 sets) and we store more toys and inflatables here.