Villa in Roquefort les Pins, near Valbonne and Opio, Cote d'Azur, France - Peaceful Location, 10 Minutes From Valbonne
Villa Rocambole is so much more than a holiday rental, this is a family home with quality fixtures and fittings. Our home was completley renovated in the first half of 2013 to a very high standard. It is the ideal location to sit back and unwind. The villa has extensive gardens and magnificent mountain views. It is located in a residential domaine 10 minutes walk from the village. There is a local supermarket, butcher, vegetable shop, baker and bank in the village and a weekly market. The villa is well furnished and spacious. The villages of Valbonne and Mougins are 10/15 mins drive. Friday morning markets in Valbonne are not to be missed if you would like a taste of Provencal living, Mougins on the other hand has a wonderful choice of restaurants and art galleries.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Lorraine Prendergast
I have lived here at Villa Rocambole for the past 20 years. During the last year the villa has been entirely renovated. This year the swimming pool has had a facelift both inside and out. The garage has also been converted in order to give us a fourth bedroom and bathroom ensuite.
Inititally, I chose the villa because of the stunning mountain views and the tranquil location. The property is in a lovely domaine and I am lucky to have wonderful neighbours. The village of Roquefort Les Pins has grown in the last 20 years and most amenities can be found on your doorstep.
We supply Ralph Lauren sheets/towels and The White Company sheets/towels as well as Descamps.
Please provide a phone number as my initial contact will be by phone.
Lorraine Prendergast purchased this villa in 1994
Why Lorraine Prendergast chose Cannes - Grasse - Antibes
The village is a 10 minute walk away. There is a local supermarket, bakery, bank, butchers and vegetable shop. There is a super little café called the Cappucino in the centre of the village where we like to have a coffee on a Sunday morning and chat with the locals. The villages of Valbonne and Mougins are 10/15 minute drive. Friday morning markets in Valbonne are not to be missed if you would like a taste of Provencal living. This is a well furnished Provencal villa with a tower. The villa can sleep 8 people comfortably. There is a mezzanine area above the living/dining room where there is an office. The swimming pool has an alarm. There are plenty of sun loungers for relaxing and a Weber barbecue.
Nice airport is 20 minutes away by car.
What makes this villa unique
Our heated saline swimming pool is your perfect relaxation area. The villa has a table tennis table - Sky satellite TV - large flat screen TV, Wii - lots of DVDs for very hot afternoons.
The extensive gardens are maintained weekly and there is an automatic watering system taking care of the many shrubs, trees and flowers.
Downstairs, we have a separate TV room for both adults and children.
(4 traveller reviews)
We spent a perfect, relaxing week at this lovely villa. It is beautifully furnished and very well equipped with everything possible provided for a luxury stay. The view is superb and the swimming pool is very clean and a lovely area to relax and unwind with comfortable sun loungers and parasols. The location is perfect within easy walking distance of the town and all the restaurants, shops and facilities it offers and within easy driving distance of the surrounding villages, Cannes Nices and beautiful beaches. The owners were very friendly and very helpful. We would not hesitate to recommend this villa to anyone and would love to return.
Beautiful villa in Tranquil paradise
We stayed in the villa for a long weekend recently.
The setting is idyllic - superb house on lush grounds with panoramic views on the Alpine mountains. We woke every morning to the sound of birds singing and the sweet scent of flowers.... The house is very well appointed with plenty of space for a family or group of friends. the location is quiet so if you are looking for some peace, this is the place for you....There is every modern luxury you could wish for including excellent Wi-Fi coverage. There are lots of great villages to drive to for markets, food and site seeing. Cannes and Nice are short drives away. Will definitely be returning so this special spot.
Top quality villa with magnificent views. It was
The photographs don't do it justice. Superbly equipped and finished, a luxury home. Fantastic spotlessly clean swimming pool and stunning garden. Quiet residential area within walking distance of village.
Will definitely return next year. Would recommend without hesitation.
Perfect holiday villa
A fabulous villa, tasteful, comfortable and extremely well equipped. In a beautiful, quiet location but within easy reach of attractive towns, countryside and coast. The Pool and outside area were super for relaxing in the sun, gazing at the wonderful view.
From the Owner
“The village is a 10 minute walk away. There is a local supermarket, bakery, bank, butchers and vegetable shop. There is a super little café called the Cappucino in the centre of the village where we like to have a coffee on a Sunday morning and chat with the locals. The villages of Valbonne and Mougins are 10/15 minute drive. Friday morning markets in Valbonne are not to be missed if you would like a taste of Provencal living. This is a well furnished Provencal villa with a tower. The villa can sleep 8 people comfortably. There is a mezzanine area above the living/dining room where there is an office. The swimming pool has an alarm. There are plenty of sun loungers for relaxing and a Weber barbecue. Nice airport is 20 minutes away by car.”
Activity and Interests
The fabulous beaches of the Cote d'Azur are within a 20 minute drive.
Nice International Airport is 20 minutes drive. Car hire is essential.
June, July and August is 'Fete' time in France. Local town and village festivals take place at all times. The Cote d'Azur has so much to offer all year round, especially in Summer.
For security reasons it is extremely that you provide a telephone number on the enquiry form. My initial contact with you will be by phone.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Summer 2017 High
24 Jun 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£866|
A deposit of 25% of the total amount is required to secure a booking. Final balance required 8 weeks before arrival date. A security deposit is taken to cover any damages or breakages (1000€). This can be transferred to the owners account before your arrival date. The security deposit includes keys and gate security remote devices.
Changeover is on Saturday and your villa will be ready at 16h00. We ask you to vacate by 10h00.
Notes on prices:
There is a final cleaning fee of 150€ which will be deducted from your security deposit. The deposit will be returned within 2 weeks from departure. Changeover day is Saturday, the villa will be available after 16h00 and we expect you to vacate before 10h00 upon departure.
25% deposit upon booking, followed by the balance 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our heated saline swimming pool is your perfect relaxation area. The villa has a table tennis table - Sky satellite TV - large flat screen TV, Wii - lots of DVDs for very hot afternoons. The extensive gardens are maintained weekly and there is an automatic watering system taking care of the many shrubs, trees and flowers. Downstairs, we have a separate TV room for both adults and children.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- theme parks
- water parks
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- roller blading
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 250 m²
- Master Bathroom - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Tower Bathroom - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- First floor master bedroom and bedroom 2 share a contemporary (refurbished Dec 2011) bathroom, with shower and a bath. Bedroom 3 en-suite shower room. Bedroom 4 en-suite shower room.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Queen Size Bed
- Master Bedroom - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot, Emperor Size Bed
- Tower Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, French Double Size
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Queen Size Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with 6 foot bed with balcony. Bedroom 2 with Queen size bed Bedroom 3 (tower bedroom) with double bed (bathroom en-suite) with large terrace. Bedroom 4 (ground level) Queen size bed (bathroom en-suite). All bedrooms with air-con.
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is suitable for children. An additional cot or bed can be added to a bedroom to increase the number further to 9 persons. Outside: The villa has extensive gardens 3300sq.m - the area surrounding the pool is lawn but there is a large area that has olive and oak trees. The heated salt swimming pool is 11 x 5 - there is a shallow end and the pool is deep enough for diving - there is an alarm that is in compliance with French regulations regarding pool safety. There are plenty of teak sun loungers and cushions for relaxing. There are newly renovated terraces surrounding the villa, and there is a full compliment of outside furniture for breakfast (east facing) and dinner (west facing) dining. There is also a large gas Weber barbecue. Utility Room: Utility room with Miele washing machine and tumble dryer, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen/towels are included in the price (including pool towels). If you book a two week vacation, sheets and towels will be changed mid-holiday. There is a 150€ final cleaning charge which will be deducted from your security deposit. Other: There is a TV room on the lower floor with a flat screen TV, DVD, SKY+ HD, Bose surround sound.