Villa in Praia da Luz, Western Algarve, Portugal - 10 Minutes Walk to the Beach and Amenities
Nestled in a quiet cul-de-sac in the popular area of Luz Parque. Casa Luzinha has been renovated to a high standard and offers its guests all modern conveniences yet still retaining its charm and character. Luzinha has been fitted and furnished to a very high standard to ensure that guests have a carefree and relaxing holiday. A local management team are on hand to help with any queries. The swimming pool (which is gated for children's safety) can be heated by prior arrangement and there is a wireless internet connection for guests' convenience. The villa is completely walled to ensure privacy and security. Stunning sea views coupled with the proximity to the beach make this popular villa a firm favourite with returning guests.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We have lived in France for a number of years where we really enjoy the continental lifestyle. When we were younger our holidays were always spent yachting with the family or friends.
We then swapped the boat for a camper-van and travelled 30,000 kms in it. We found Praia da Luz on one of those trips.
We added a Pool/BBQ room which has been a great success together with a West facing balcony where you can enjoy the very last rays of the evening sun.
We have even had numerous sightings from the balcony of dolphins feeding or just working their way across the bay - bring your binoculars!
The people here are so friendly and their is lots to do. When you're here the 'Resident' newspaper will tell you what is on.
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
We have just spent two weeks in this fantastic villa. Everything about it is designed to make your stay easy. The views are superb and the facilities 5*. The villa is in a lovely peaceful area within very easy reach of the town centre. We hired a car but it isn't really necessary. The pool toys are a great idea and the BBQ was well used. Can't wait to get back to Casa Luzhina next year.
Fabulous villa. Beautifully furnished and equipped to highest standards and attention to detail. Everything for the family to enjoy the area. Breakfast on the East balcony, evening drinks on the West balcony stunning views over the Ocean. Pool just right - a real sun trap and accompanied by a BBQ area (gas) and kitchen area well equipped with full set of dining gear fridge and micro.
Main kitchen and dining area has everything for fine dining and cooking. Rooms are bigger than shown in photos. Already checking out dates for next year. Thanks
My Wife, 13 month old daughter and myself had 10 fantasic days here. The villa is perfectly located not to close but to not far from central Luz (around 10-15 minute walk), the photos really don't do it justice as it has completed to such a high standard and has everything you need and more. I thought the outdoor BBQ area is a great addition, with its own fridge, microwave and kitchen as well.
Also the pool area is a complete sun trap, which was great for the days we stayed in. A real find and we will definitely be back.
Paul, Amie and Emily :) Kent
We stayed at Casa Luzhina for 3 weeks from June 14th to July 5th. In all our years travelling to Luz twice yearly we have never stayed in any Villa to come close to this one. The location, furnishings and fabulous kitchen are second to none. The views are spectacular from the East & West balconies. We ate in on several evenings as it was simple Home from Home. Anyone looking for complete holiday luxury, great views and complete peace then look no further this is the place to be. We stood on the East Balcony last Sat before departing simply drinking in the views which we hope will sustain us until we return again. The Villa is within walking distance of Luz with its many Restaurants and Bars but is far enough away to provide peace and quiet when needed. Simply a great holiday Villa. We look forward to returning.
Peaceful oasis with glorious views
The first thing I have to say is that the photos simply do not do Casa Luzinha justice, it is much larger than appears and the views are simply stunning. A great upside down layout means that you see the sea constantly, and the very clever balconies give dual aspects. We noticed that there are a number of similar houses with the original balcony, but the owners have very cleverly added a second West facing balcony. This means you can enjoy the late afternoon sun, (or escape somewhere cool in the morning). As fussy Brits we were enchanted by the Villa's elegant fit out. Lots of high quality furniture clearly shipped from the UK.
Lots of lovely areas to sunbathe, the pool was very small, but we loved the villa so much it was not an issue. It's in an established leafy suburb, so you are surrounded by locals or ex pats living here, so no noisy holiday maker neighbours.
We will be returning again without any doubt.
From the Owner
“We found this little gem after 5 years of searching in Praia da Luz. One of the first villas, built in the seventies and now completely renovated, Casa Luzinha has kept all its original character and charm. Spotlessly clean, modern yet cosy, it has a wonderful sense of air and space. We have tried to create 5 star accommodation within the privacy of our own home. It has become very popular with our guests and is best described by some of the comments in our visitors' book. "We have had a really relaxing yet busy stay here in Luz. The villa is perfect; not too close or far from the centre, it picks up the sun all day long and is very comfortable." Nina and the Bristol lot.”
Activity and Interests
Praia da Luz is a gently shelving, crescent shaped sandy beach perfect for children. One end of the beach is rocky with a good selection of rock pools. To the east, running the height of the cliffs, is the prominent black rock, known as Rocha Negra. The beach provides plenty of water sports activities and great beach bars. Lagos has numerous beaches, all offering something different and the West Coast, a 25 minute drive, is a favourite with surfers and those wishing to get away from it all.
Faro airport is an easy 50 minute drive down the motorway. Car hire and taxi transfers can be arranged. Please enquire for more information.
Praia da Luz is a 2 minute drive or a 10 minute walk. The cosmopolitan town of Lagos with its super Marina is a 10 minute drive. Taxis are readily available and there is now a new 'Blue Wave' bus service which for a few euros will take you into the neighboring villages and to the fabulous beaches along the coast.
Praia da Luz has something for everyone. There are plenty of restaurants and bars to suit every taste and pocket. There are numerous supermarkets to choose from and an excellent 24 hour English speaking doctor’s surgery. Banks, newsagents, shops and a chemist are also conveniently located in the village.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings may be made either by telephone or e-mail. A 25% deposit is made payable at time of booking and balance made payable 6 weeks before the start of your holiday. Longer lets negotiable.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day but please do enquire if you would like to book alternative dates.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with wc, basin and bath with shower over. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with wc, basin and bath with shower over. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 3 with wc, basin and walk in shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with twin beds which can be made up to a double. Bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is fully air-conditioned throughout and this can be made available to guests for an extra charge of £120 per week. The bathrooms have under floor heating for the chillier months and there is an IPod docking station and wireless internet connection for guests convenience. Pool heating can also be arranged for an extra charge of £125 per week. The property has been registered with the relevant authorities, is licensed, and is compliant with the local lodging rental licence requirements. 2392 AL/16071 Outside: There are plenty of sunbathing and dining terraces at Luzinha. The upstairs terraces have plenty of seating and shade for dining alfresco and making the most of the fabulous sea views and the new West facing balcony is the place to be to watch the sunset! There is also a new summer house leading out onto the pool area. There are 6 sun loungers provided for around the private swimming pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided along with beach towels. Maid service is provided once per week. The linen is changed once per week and bath towels once per week. Extra maid service can be arranged if required. Other: An archway leads from the living room into the dining room with seating for 6 which is open plan to the kitchen. Just off from the pool, the new summer house has a built in BBQ, fridge etc with a shaded dining area.