Converted Mill near Selkirk, Scottish Borders, Scotland - Set In 100 Acres Of Grounds And Mature Woodlands In The Beautiful Yarrow Valley
The Mill is situated in the scenic Yarrow Valley, five miles from the nearest town of Selkirk. The internal layout is modern, eco-friendly and open plan. The entrance leads you through a large boot room with wc to a spacious dining/living room with an open fire and state of the art kitchen. The entrance floor features a luxury bedroom with wet room and sauna, whilst the downstairs floor has a utility room and three further bedrooms each with its own bathroom. A mezzanine offers an additional space to relax and unwind (which can become an additional bedroom using a sofa bed). Spacious, luxurious and feature-laden - The Mill has been designed to make your stay the holiday you always wished for.
About the Owner
Johnny and Lulu live with their three children in the neighbouring farmhouse. Johnny is a tree surgeon and Lulu coaches tennis. They both enjoy running The Mill. We have an extra two beds, if the party @ The Mill needs an extra two people. A four page article was in the Scotsman on November 2009, to read more about them and why they converted The Mill. 2011/12 we won an award for best converted work on an existing builiding.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fantastic house, great location, what a great way to contemplate your 40th - Gillan Family.
Speechless! Enjoyed every second. This place is truly awesome. Even the weather couldn't spoil it! - the Kemp family.
We had a fantastic holiday. Fantastic house. Fantastic location and fantastic company - the Purdy's.
Wet, windy and completely wonderful! - the Tennant family.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We can organise cookery demonstrations, massage and beauty treatments, tennis lessons, art lessons and active sports can be arranged in the adjoining fields all @ The Mill.
Beaches @ Scremeston, Bamburgh (Berwick) etc are again an hour away. A great day out.
Edinburgh and Newcastle and Carlisle Train Station are all an hour and 10 mins. Car hire is recommended as there is a limited bus service up the Valley. Buses from Selkirk to Edinburgh are very regular.
Situated in the scenic Yarrow Valley, 5 miles from the nearest town of Selkirk. Melrose is 20 mins from The Mill with abbeys, restaurants and shops.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
23 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please contact owner Johnny or Lulu Watson
We will give you loads more information and details with T and C's and things you will not need to bring to The Mill.
Friday to Friday changeover is at 4:00pm and leaving at 10:00am.
Notes on prices:
We do weekend and mid week bookings. These prices are for week bookings only.
Weekend prices range from £655 - £860
Mid week prices range from £585 - £785
You can pay via BACS or cheque, if you contact me, I can send you all the information on this.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Each private bathroom has either a sauna/wet room, steam shower, roll top bath or high volume shower. Luxury double sinks with granite evident throughout.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Each luxury bedroom has a pocket-sprung super king bed, which can be adapted to two single beds. The bedrooms feature wood themes of oak, ash, elm or beech, which run through into the respective private bathrooms.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Great oak woods above The Mill for children to have adventures and make dens. Beautiful walks from your door step. Loads of maps and directions all in the hand book at The Mill @ Lewinshope. Outside: Large private and peaceful, fenced off garden with chairs and tables and BBQ. Mill pond beyond (children to be aware of). Enough room for at least 10 cars and room for more in the farm steadings. Utility Room: A large room with a large capacity washer and dryer and hanging rail to dry clothes etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. If you were to stay for two weeks, we can organise for you to have the sheets changed and The Mill cleaned. Other: Mezzanine with sofa bed, bean bags and large HD T.V. This is great place to relax and listen to your music or tv with or without headphones!