Kalkan, Antalya Region,Turkey - Great Location, Stunning Sea And Mountain Views, Great Outdoor Living Facilitie
Detached spacious villa sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities. Surrounded by sea and mountain views from all terraces The Grove offers a large private pool and alfresco dining area with marble sun deck and mature planting. Inside it is modern, light and airy with cool ivory marble floors throughout, comfortable contemporary furnishings and air-conditioning in every room. The spacious living room and dining area open onto a well equipped kitchen with access to the pool and gardens. There is a downstairs toilet and a separate utility and storage room. A wide marble stairway leads to the master king size bedroom and twin bedroom on the first floor and a further rooftop terrace double bedroom suite with kitchenette on the top floor. All bedrooms have en-suite facilities, air-conditioning and walk out sun terraces with amazing views. It's just a short walk to the shops, market, restaurants and harbour and 5 minutes from local buses and taxis.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live in Surrey and have been visiting Kalkan for many years. We love to holiday there with family and friends enjoying our spacious detached villa and pool.
We love the climate, the warm and friendly people, the change of pace.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have not stopped talking about your beautiful villa and how friendly the people were, who knows you may get more bookings from people we have told. Thank you once again Cristina and Clive." June 2010
"We had a wonderful holiday. The villa was lovely very spacious, clean, and had everything that you could want." Mr and Mrs Humphries June 2010
"The villa, pool and outside living space is just perfect, we had a fantastic time relaxing by the pool which the children loved playing in. We met friendly people and ate at fantastic restaurants especially Kaya which was 'magic' ;o) Helen and her team looked after everything we needed. Thankyou. Seymour Family August 2010
"Had a fabulous holiday in your beautiful villa, a real luxury home from home and Helen really looked after us" Hope to come again. Hils and Steve 2011
"Peace and traquility, great weather, superb pool...just what we needed. Kids loved it too! Thanks Pearce Family 2012
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
This was my second visit to this very well appointed luxury villa. Everything is spotless and comfortable. The views are spectacular and the pool so welcome i the gorgeous warm weather.
Very peaceful with a lovely pool area
This was our third visit to Kalkan, but not the same villa.
The villa was a little further up the hill than we had anticipated. Not a problem walking down and we always took a taxi back, which are really cheap around £3-4 between 6 - a bargain! A peaceful location and we spend many days sunbathing around the lovely pool. The interior of the villa was bright and fresh and had everything you would need to make your stay enjoyable. There are lots in restaurants in Kalkan so you will be spoilt for choice! Our favourites were Mussaka,The Moonstone and the Nar all with rooftop views. If you have not been to Kalkan before, give it a try and I am sure you will visit again
A beautiful villa fantastic location everything you could want for a great holiday. This was our 4th time in Kalkan at this villa and we will definitely go back again.Lovely restaurants in town,just 15 min walk.Cris and Clive
From the Owner
“The property is spacious and relaxing but close enough to the centre of town to be convenient for bars shops and restaurants. It's an ideal place to switch off, relax and unwind. The villa is a home from home for us with the benefits of great weather and a wonderful pool and garden area. Kalkan is very safe and being only just over 4 hours flying time from London is close enough to do a weeks holiday and feel rested afterwards. Even the 1.5 hr drive from the airport is enjoyable with good clear roads, great views and pleasant places to stop along the way. Everyone in Kalkan is friendly and helpful and the restaurants are amazing.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Our villa is located above an olive grove and it's about a 10 minute downhill stroll to the centre of Kalkan or 15 mins to the harbour restaurants and beach area. Kalkan is hilly so if you don’t have a car or limited mobility you may prefer a short 4 minute taxi ride.
The Kalkan area has several beautiful beaches: Kalkan public beach (pebbles) is only 15 mins walk from the villa. Patara beach is a 12km long, unspoiled white sand beach located at a distance of 15km from Kalkan. Another beautiful small sandy beach Kaputas beach often featured in travel brochures is 5 km east of Kalkan. Every morning boats take tourists to one of the nearby beaches or small bays. As the sun sets it is Kalkan style to meet on the roof terraces for a drink before dinner.
The nearest airport is Dalaman approximately 1.5 hours from Kalkan. There are direct flights to Dalaman from many UK airports including Thomas Cook and Monarch from Gatwick, London. There is a per person visa charge on entry to Turkey, this can be purchased online. The roads from Dalaman to Kalkan are good via the Gocek tunnel. We can provide advice on car rental or airport transfers if you wish. Bus services to nearby beaches and villages are available. Taxis are also readily available.
Kalkan is the ideal location for exploring this part of Turkey's beautiful Turquoise Coast and the sites of ancient Lycia. It's one of the most unspoilt areas of the Mediterranean. Possible trips: Kekova (boats trips to sunken city of Simena), bohemian Kas, Fethiye, Salikent Gorge, Kayakoy (the abandoned ghost Greek town which inspired the book 'Bird Without Wings'). Sites of Ancient Lycia: Xanthos, Letoon, Pinara, Myra rock tombs Tlos, Patara.
At night Kalkan and the harbour are vibrant and exciting. The town is well known for it's many rooftop restaurants which offer a wide variety of local, Turkish and international cuisine not to forget the magical views of the sea, snake and mouse islands, and clear starry skies. The shops sell everything from spices to traditional kilims and carpets and everything in between. There is a great choice of over 400 restaurants and many wonderful shops and boutiques in Kalkan all just waiting to be explored! There are banks, ATM and a post office in the village. Local shops and supermarkets are all within walking distance of the villa and they will deliver your shopping for you. The local market on Thursdays selling a vast range of local goods and produce is not to be missed! Further information and maps will be available at the villa.
Free WiFi connection is also available at our villa and all local bars and restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A £100 deposit is required to secure a booking. This is non-returnable if either the balance is not paid when due or the booking is cancelled for any reason. The balance is payable 8 weeks before departure plus £100 damage deposit (this is returnable subject to no breakages during your stay otherwise deductions will be made accordingly). Please note the following deductions will also apply: Loss of keys £50. Payments should be made by bank transfer.
Bookings must preferably be a minimum of 2 weeks but happy to discuss. Please note changeover day is usually a Saturday.
£100 booking deposit (non refundable if cancelled) balance in full 12 weeks prior to departure. £100 booking deposit retained in case of damages and repaid after end of holiday. Payments to be made direct to the villa owner via bank transfer, PayPal or Cheque.
Airport transfer and car hire available at competitive rate with payment in £ or TL direct to operative on arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The weather, the views, swimming in the huge pool. Relaxing, reading, peace and quiet, lovely fresh fruit and veg, freshly baked bread, friendly local people, amazing choice of restaurants and exciting evenings along the harbour if you want something more lively. Days out at Patara beach or a boat trip from the harbour. The Grove is peaceful but within walking distance of the town. It has great views, lovely balconies and terraces. One of the things we love is waking up and being able to see the sea from the bed!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Bidet, Bidet facility is incorporated in toilet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Bidet facility incorporated in toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Jacuzzi, Bidet, Bidet facility incorporated in toilet
- Ground Floor toilet - Toilet, Bidet, Downstairs Toilet: Bidet facility incorporated in toilet
- Master bedroom en-suite with jacuzzi spa bath, shower, WC. En-suite to bedroom 2 with walk-in shower and WC. En-suite to bedroom 3 wet room with shower, WC. Ground floor toilet.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom 1 with king size bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with double bed.
- Boat ...
- Notes on accommodation: Inside the villa is strictly non-smoking. Ash trays are provided for outside use only. All rooms are air-conditioned and there are mosquito machines if needed. The pool has a constant depth of 1.4m and children must be supervised at all times. Access to the pool is via a metal pool ladder or mosaic steps for easier access ideal for children and older people. A welcome pack can be pre ordered from our service management company if required. Please note that we do not consider the villa suitable for very young children (toddlers) due to the depth of the unguarded pool, the marble floors, stairways and balconies. The marble flooring inside and out becomes slippery when wet, please take special care. The owners cannot accept liability for any accidents that may occur during the rental period and guests must accept responsibility in any event. The villa is rented on a self catering basis only. Outside: Kalkan has a typical Mediterranean climate with hot dry summers and warm wet winters. The sea water rarely drops below 16°C (60.8°F), allowing a swimming season of 8–9 months. The hottest days of the hottest months are cooled down by the 'Meltem' - a seasonal breeze which blows every afternoon. At The Grove the focus is on outside summer living, it is perfect for relaxing with friends & family. The terraces surrounding your own large private pool include an area set up for alfresco dining with a large round dining table, umbrella and 6 chairs overlooking Kalkan bay. The octagonal pool has an even depth of 1.4m & exact measurements of 6.76m x 3.95m x 3.95m x 3.95m x 5.45m. A traditional stone built BBQ should you fancy cooking and entertaining and mature garden areas. Poolside there are 6 loungers with cushions, 2 small poolside tables and umbrellas. Large sun balconies from each bedroom with table and chairs and sea & mountain views. The pool & garden are cleaned & maintained daily. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine, ironing board and iron, clothes airer, pegs, hoover and cleaning utensils. First-aid kit and a 'things you might have forgotten' box. A safe deposit box has also been installed for guests use. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and bath towels are included and changed weekly. Please bring your own pool/beach towels. The whole villa is cleaned at changeover. It is rented on a self-catering basis and there are cleaning products and equipment if needed.