Apartment on Alto Golf & Country Club, Alvor, Western Algarve - Spacious Apartment in Beautiful Surroundings
Ideally located in the block closest to Alto Golf Clubhouse, this apartment has been recently decorated and is equipped to a high standard. With a swimming pool and a splash pool just 50 metres away in the beautiful gardens, it provides a tranquil location for couples and families alike as well as a superbly maintained golf course literally on the doorstep. The beautiful Praia do Vau beach is 10 minutes walk and the stunning village of Alvor and its' fish restaurants is 2km away. If that's not enough, our guests can enjoy free use of most facilities at Alto Country Club including tennis, the gym and outdoor and heated indoor pools. Residents get 30% discount on Alto Golf (also currently at other Pestana courses). This apartment has also been fully licenced for tourism and is compliant with Health & Safety requirements. Please note that this apartment is in a fully serviced block. We also now offer free Broadband.
About the Owner
We discovered Alvor sixteen years ago and have dreamt about owning a property there ever since. Having finally taken the plunge, we are thrilled to own such a beautiful property in a superb location and recommend our second home to you. As one of us is an avid golfer, we can thoroughly endorse Alto Golf as a golf course and the Country Club as a superbly equipped facility.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We would just like to thank you very much for your hospitality. The apartment was great and had everything we needed and more. We would definitely like to return at some point. Thanks again for making the whole trip's organisation very simple. Paul McCaughey & party
Back to reality with a bang!! We had a wonderful week at your apt, it's in a wonderful location overlooking the golf course. We will be in touch for sure in the future. The Daltons (June 2011)
Thanks for asking if all OK, and to reiterate all was FANTASTIC! I would have no hesitation in recommending your apartment to friends and family. (Rutherford party October 2012)
From the Owner
“Alto Golf & Country Club has something for everyone - golf, swimming, leisure nearby beaches and restaurants to die for. The new motorway has made the Western Algarve more accessible and is recommended for families and couples alike.”
Activity and Interests
At Alto you are near some of the best beaches in the Algarve. Praia do Vau, Prainha and Praia do Alvor offer superb sand and bathing and nearly every village along the Algarve coast has its own piece of beach heaven. For a real treat, venture up the west coast towards Aljezur and you will find more secluded but mind-blowingly beautiful beaches such as Monte Clerigo where you will be amazed at the clarity of the Atlantic water washing up at your feet.
The A22 toll motorway runs along virtually the full length of the Algarve from Faro Airport. On leaving the airport, follow the signs for Portimao and once you have picked up the A22 continue until you see the Alvor sign. Once you have placed a booking, we will give you full directions. The journey is around 45 minutes in a hire car or you can usually pick up a taxi (around £50) at the airport. If you require a transfer, please let us know and we can make arrangements for you.
We recommend hiring a car for your stay to give you access to the best beaches, restaurants and supermarkets. Alvor village can be walked in 30 minutes (downhill there, taxi back!) and Portimao is 3km in the other direction. Other places of interest nearby are the old town of Lagos and its beautiful marina (20 mins drive), Monchique (40 mins) and Sagres also 40 minutes away. There is a good local bus service and taxis are readily available.
It's hard to recommend the fishing village of Alvor highly enough. There is a restaurant for every taste and you could eat in a different fish restaurant for every day in your stay. The delightful street Rua Federico Mendez leads down to the fishing harbour and has eateries from top to bottom where you will find the locals barbecuing your freshly caught meal. In the apartment, you will find details of some of our favourites together with a location map.
Closer to 'home', breakfast and lunch is available at the Clubhouse in the bar area and there a smaller selection of cafes at Praia do Vau. There are several supermarkets in Portimao (Continente nearest) and a number of smaller shops offering the essentials in Alvor. It is worth using the bigger supermarkets at least once in your stay as things like water, beer and wine are substantially cheaper.
Cash machines are readily available in Alvor and accept a wide variety of credit and debit cards. The locals do speak English widely but really appreciate it if you try to speak a little bit of Portuguese in return!!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices are quoted per week and are in total for the apartment in UK pounds. Additional days are pro-rata and whilst we would expect a 4 night minimum stay, we can accommodate if you wish to stay for a shorter period. The cost includes linen and towels and cleaning at the beginning and end of your stay and the middle of a 14 day stay.
Booking requires 10% non-returnable deposit, payment in full 4 weeks prior to departure. Extra cleaning is available at additional cost.
This is flexible so that you can obtain the most advantageous flights.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
10% with booking, minimum £100, balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to departure
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Discounted golf at Alto and also currently at the other Pestana owned courses on the Algarve. Free use of the leisure club as a temporary resident - treatments etc. come at a cost. This apartment is in the closest block to Alto Golf Clubhouse and benefits from being less isolated. Unlike several others in this resort, this apartment is fully licenced and consequently is compliant with Health and Safety regulations.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- theme parks
- water parks
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Master has en-suite with shower, main bathroom is adjacent to second bedroom with bath/shower over complete with glass screen. Each has WC and bidet, heating and heated towel rail and benefit from natural light.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 carpeted twin bedrooms each with sliding patio doors and mosquito screens to either the front or rear terraces. Master bedroom can be configured to provide a king-size bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This apartment is offered as strictly non-smoking. Unlike many others, it has been licenced by the local council for tourism and, as such, has undergone full Health & Safety checks. The apartment has a heating and cooling air temperature system in both bedrooms and the living area as well as a new wood burner. Cots and z-beds can be provided at an additional cost and toddlers do need supervision due to the upstairs location. As a licenced accommodation, we do have a complaints book. Outside: The furnished front terrace offers a beautiful vista over the golf course and over the pine-tops to the Monchique mountains. The rear terrace overlooks the well-kept gardens and the lawned area leading to the shared pools. Utility Room: Just inside entrance there is a hall cupboard containing an iron and ironing board, clothes airer, vacuum cleaner and the thermostat controlled water heater. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are provided including beach towels. Mid-stay cleaning can provided at an additional cost. Daily refuse collection is provided unlike many neighbouring properties. Other: Both front and rear terraces are spacious and the golf terrace has high quality external furniture. Barbecue on patio plus sun loungers and sunchairs (not to be removed)