Villa in Torre Soli Nou, Son Bou, Menorca, Balearic Islands - Peaceful Location, Short 15 Minute Walk Away from the Beach and Main Commercial Area
Sleeps 8. Comfortable, south facing 4 bedroom detached villa with 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, combined lounge dining room and a spacious upper and lower terrace perfect for admiring the attractive sea views and watching the sunset. The house has a pretty garden, a private pool with diving board and is fully air-conditioned. Located in the peaceful resort of Torre Soli Nou, which is in Son Bou, you are never far away from bars, restaurants or the beautiful Son Bou beach, all of which are within walking distance. This villa is ideally suited to individuals and families who want a relaxing vacation without being in too remote a location.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We had a wonderful holiday in son bou. The villa was superb, the pool and garden area was lovely and it had everything that we needed. Location was ideal just a short walk to the beach and bars and restaurants. Would highly recommend a stay at this villa and we will certainly be booking it up again! The Arbons 😀
The villa was everything we could have wished for, pool area was perfect. Kitchen was clean and well equipped with everything you could possibly need for self catering. The barbecue was brilliant.
The resort is lovely - not massive but enough quality restaurants (Las Dunas is especially nice). There are regular buses to Mahon if you don't hire a car (though its definitely worth considering).The beach was one of the best we've been on and there's a nice place to eat there too.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The island is home to a wide variety of birds including many birds of prey, there are also many prehistoric monuments and caves to explore. Scuba diving is available at a number of places throughout the island, further information can provided on request.
This villa is a 15 minute walk or 5 minute drive (approx 1.7km) from the beach, which is the largest and, in our opinion, the best beach on the island with white sands stretching for 3 kilometres. Due to its size it caters to all tastes with a selection of sunbeds and umbrellas available for hire as well as activities such as pedalos near the hotels. However quieter spots can be found within a short 5 minute walk up the beach. The beach is patrolled by lifeguards during the Summer.
20 minute drive from Mahon airport the only commercial airport on the island and approximately 25 minutes by car from the ferry port of Mahon. Car hire is highly recommended, and we can help to arrange if required.
10 minute drive from Alaior the nearest town.
15 minute drive from Monte Toro the highest point on the island which is located in Es Mercadel and offers fantastic panoramic views of the entire island making it well worth a visit.
25 minute drive from the port of Mahon, the islands stunning natural harbour with many sophisticated restaurants and bars.
Son bou has many facilities including cash points, an excellent pharmacy where they speak English, supermarkets, various boutiques, water slides, a bowling alley and a range of bars that provide evening entertainment. There are also many restaurants that cater to a variety of tastes and one that never disappoints is 'Casa Andres'.
Further information about the beach - there are beach bars that are open during the day and evening for both food and drink. A protected nature reserve that runs parallel to the beach and is home to many wild birds. For those who enjoy a walk to take in the scenery you can walk the entire length of the beach, at the end of which there is a coastal path to the neighbouring resort of Santo Tomas.
There is a large reef that provides an excellent opportunity for snorkelling, which is located about half way along the beach by the rocky island. A visit to the Port of Mahon is highly recommended during the day or evening both to admire the many magnificent yachts and to enjoy the numerous restaurants, bars and boutiques that line the harbour front.
There are various guided glass bottom boat trips available that take you the length of the harbour and provide the perfect setting to admire the islands natural beauty and to find out about its naval history. The TV series 'Hornblower' was also filmed here.
Throughout the summer, from June to September there are several fiestas in various parts of the island that provide a great day out and the perfect opportunity to experience the islands culture. They usually occur on a weekend, although it is easy to find out exactly when and where either by researching before your holiday or asking at reception.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non returnable deposit of 25% is required to confirm a booking. Remainder to be paid 8 weeks before holiday.
Preferably Saturday. The house is available from 2pm on day of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on day of departure, arrangements for storage of cases for late flights can be arranged.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Ocean View
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 equipped WC, Shower/Bath Bathroom 2 WC, shower Bathroom 1 for bedrooms 1 and 3. Bathroom 2 for bedrooms 2 and 4.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1 and 2 with double beds. Bedrooms 3 and 4 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Non smoking. Cots and high chairs available on request. Clear view of swimming pool from upper and lower terrace for supervision of children. Outside: The house is surrounded by a pretty garden including fruit trees, the produce of which guests are welcome too, but it is requested that you leave plenty for other visitors. The private swimming pool (4 x 9 metres) is surrounded by a large patio area, many plants, flowers and a lawn. It is also equipped with a patio table and 8 chairs, 8 sunbeds, a few sun umbrellas and a few small tables. There is a large upper terrace equipped with a table and 8 chairs, sun blinds for shelter during the main heat of the day, and a BBQ for those relaxing evenings in. At night the terraces and pool are illuminated by a series of lights making it a pleasant location to sit and watch the sunset or have a nightcap by the pool. Utility Room: Washing machine, dishwasher, iron, ironing board and airer. A washing line is also available at the the rear of the house. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bathroom towels and linen are provided (not beach towels). Property is cleaned and fresh linen and towels are provided in the middle of a stay of 10 days or more.