Farmhouse, 6 bed, 4 baths, lovely views and huge pool, set in 30 acres of own land with olives, 5 Mins Walk to Fabulous local Agritouri
Casa delle Rondinelle (house of swallows) is 2km along a quiet hillside track 10 minutes from Castiglione Messer Raimondo/ Bisenti. With 60 olive and many fig and fruit trees to help yourself to. The stunning swimming pool has the latest salt water filter system combined with chlorine and every evening 100s of swallows swoop down over the cool water as you sip your delicious glass of Italian wine on the terrace! The farmhouse consists of 32ft kitchen with American style fridge, 6 ring gas cooker, dishwasher, walk in larder with chest freezer, drinks fridge, utility room with washing and drying machines, dining room seating 14 easily, cloakroom, 40ft drawing room with open fire and French doors out to the terrace, an additional sitting room with 47" flat screen TV/ Sky. A large terrace at the front of the house overlooks the pool/views with an attractive covered gazebo for lazy lunches and long dinners and a new area with huge gas BBQ and lovely seating for drinks watching the sunset.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful and tranquil in unspoilt area of Italy
About the Owner
We have always dreamt of owning a house in Italy and to find somewhere not far from the sea but also near the mountains and skiing was wonderful. We adore the area and all our local neighbours who are wonderfully warm and generous often appearing with trays of figs, tomatoes, potatoes, wine, cheese or whatever they have they want to give. It makes you remember the good things in life and I never cease to be touched by them. Everything looks, smells and best of all tastes wonderful. I long for our stays at the house to practice my Italian and to enjoy a very special way of life.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a totally amazing and brilliant time at your exquisitely beautiful house. You have made it the most welcoming and lovely place and we loved every second. SA Summer 2013
Casa Delle Rondinelle is simply the most idyllic Villa in which to relax, have fun and enjoy the magic of rustic Italy. We spent 10 glorious days there last summer and loved every minute. The property has been beautifully restored to provide a stunning combination of gorgeous accommodation and a truly relaxed vibe. Milly and Jeremy are wonderfully kind and provided lots of practical tips and info that helped us to get the very most from our stay. We heartily recommend a visit to Casa Delle Rondinelle! CF 2012
Incredibly stylish and spacious farmhouse in a wonderful setting and views - wonderful lazy days by the lovely pool. We loved it and wanted to stay much longer. The Christophersons June 2013
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful and tranquil in unspoilt area of Italy
This was our second visit to Rondinelle and both times have been fantastic. The house is lovely and peaceful and the surrounding views and areas are beautiful. Local amenities are good and very cheap to eat out - wonderful food and very local and unspoilt. Nothing was wanting in the very comfortable house and I would not hesitate to go back.
Get away from it all in comfort and style
What a gorgeous villa! Totally private, with lovely views over unspoilt countryside. The house itself is beautifully furnished, mixing traditional materials with all the mod cons we all now expect. The pool is large, spotless and a real feature.
This area of Italy is relatively undiscovered by tourists, which is reflected in the fantastic value when eating out or shopping for food. Local restaurants are all family run and very friendly, with everything from pizza to T bone steaks totally delicious. When the bill arrives, you think they must have got the decimal point in the wrong place! Best of the lot is Tonino and Tina's place just up the road. Superb food - for very hungry people. They the nicest couple, who will look after you immaculately during your stay (nothing is too much trouble for them).
Despite the villa's seclusion, everything you need is only a short drive away. Castiglione is well worth a visit, along with other hilltop villages locally (reminiscent of the bastide villages of South West France). If you want to escape the tourist trail, experience the "real" Italy and live in comfort and style, then this is the villa for you.
Fabulous 10 days
We had a wonderful stay at Rondinelle this summer - our third in a row for our family of 5 ranging from 18 - 23. The house is incredibly comfortable and stylish yet practical and very well equipped - best we have ever found. There is a great house book that gives you incredible detail on every butcher, baker and pasta maker in the area and so you can't go wrong with your shopping or eating out. There are quite a few local restaurants all near which all provide incredible value for money and wonderful simple and authentic food. Tonino and Tina who run the agritourism and Rondinelle are probably the nicest people you will have ever met and they look after you so beautifully and dinner with them is a real treat - make sure you haven't eaten all day. The local pizzeria in Castiglione does the best truffle pizza ever tasted for 6 Euros. The pool is beautiful, spotlessly clean and we love to enjoy the view poolside most days after visiting local markets and enjoying a cappuccino in the sun followed by a glass of wine watching the swallows swoop over the pool. Highly recommended and we will be definitely back again.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the house because it was completely on its own and very over grown. It was very loved by the old Italian gentleman who lived there with his brother and their mother had hidden British soldiers there during the War. It had and still has a certain magical feeling about the place and we loved it although it didn't look anything like it does today!”
Activity and Interests
Silvi Marina and Roseto beaches are 40 minutes drive away and are some of the cleanest in Europe. There are miles and miles of sandy beaches and some first class restaurants.
Pescara Airport with almost daily Summer flights from Stansted is 45 minutes drive away, Ancona is 1 hour 45 minutes drive and Rome Ciampino is 2 hours all of which are well served by Ryanair.
Castiglione Messer Raimondo and Bisenti are both hilltop towns and approximately 10 minutes drive away. Atri is a stunning larger hill top town mid way between the house and the coast with wonderful restaurants and a beautiful market square with historic church to sit in and enjoy. Penne is equally stunning and worth a visit on market day. The National parks are an easy drive away and are renowned for their wildlife and stunning scenery.
10 minutes to Castiglione Messer Raimondo and 10 minutes from Bisenti - both with markets. We do most of our shopping in Bisenti which has a bank, 2 butchers, 4 bars, 2 supermarkets, petrol station and fantastic home made past at the pasticceria. San Lorenzo the award winning vineyard is 20 minutes drive away and is always popular. Best of all is our local Agritourism 5 minute walk away and renowned for its food. Dinner normally 5-6 courses costs around 20 euros a head including wine and the house home made liqueurs and is delicious. There is a local pizzeria and a couple of other local restaurants with great traditional Italian cooking only 5-10 minutes drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
A booking form will be emailed following an enquiry which must be returned within 7 days with a 25% deposit to secure a booking. Final payment is required 8 weeks before your holiday with a £200 security deposit which will be refunded in full within 14 days of the end of the rental assuming there is no damage to the house or its contents.
Changeover day is Saturday with arrival after 3.30pm and departure before 10am. Friday changeovers can possibly be arranged.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It is just so wonderful to have our lovely neighbours 400 metres down the track who are so kind and run such a wonderful local restaurant. They have become great friends. We also adore shopping in Bisenti where although it is only a small village/town, we can find all we need and everyone from the butchers to the supermarket and cafe owners are friendly and helpful. The views are out of this world and buzzards, swallows, fireflies and all sorts of other animals and birds abound. In late August walking along our track you can pick almonds, figs, fruit, and walnuts.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Downstair Cloakroom - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bedroom 1 - bath with shower over. Bedroom 2 - bath with shower over. Family bathroom for beds 3 and 4 with bath/shower over and bidet. Bedroom 6 - shower room. Shared with Bedroom 5 which must be walked through to get to Bed 6 and shower room Downstairs cloakroom.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 king size bed, en-suite and private terrace (Blue room). Bedroom 2 5ft bed, en-suite (pale pink room). Bedroom 3 2 twin beds with 2 pull out beds beneath them (Union Jack picture). Bedroom 4 2 twin beds (Sleigh Beds) Bedroom 5 5ft bed with door connecting to Bedroom 6 2 twin beds, en-suite which is shared with Bed 5.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Veranda ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- 1 bicycles
- Catering available
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: As the house is very old the walls are incredibly thick which keeps the house cool. All bedrooms have shutters and these must be kept closed in the day. There are high powered fans in each room. There are games/books/DVDs all at the house for your use. We have wine and olive oil from our trees at the house which you are welcome to use so long as you replace. A box of local products will be arranged for you on arrival including parma ham/olive/oil/bread/wine/milk/free range eggs/pecorino cheese. In fact, most things can be arranged! Including extra cleaning a Outside: 14 metre salt water filtered pool with stone diving board. Terrace surrounding the house and pool with plenty of outdoor sunbeds (10+) and umbrellas. Pergola with table and chairs for long lunches and dinners. Lovely new seating area for drinks with blue and white striped cushioned lounging area with 4 large bamboo chairs and large table. Grass area for new table tennis table, badminton/boules and football. Large gas BBQ oven with 4 burners. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer and extra porcelain sink area. Chest freezer and drinks fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen including bath and pool towels included. Complete linen change and clean every Saturday or whenever arriving. Additional cleaning can be arranged. Other: All the bedrooms contain a chest of drawers/hanging area/mirror and bedside tables and lighting as well as a very high powered fan. Portable wifi internet access at the house for upto 10 devices