Gite near Verteillac, Dordogne, France - Located in Peaceful Rolling Countryside of Perigord Vert in the North West Dordogne
Converted barn with large garden and heated swimming pool. Sleeps 4. 2 bedrooms. 10 minutes drive to St. Severin or Verteillac and 20 minutes from the busy market town of Riberac with all the usual shops banks and cafes. Golf facilities and many leisure activities available in nearby area.
About the Owner
About Maggie Uttley
The Uttleys have 2 properties abroad.
Mark and Lynsey look after the Spanish villa whilst Keith and Maggie look after the French gite.
Maggie Uttley purchased this barn in 1980
Why Maggie Uttley chose Perigord Vert
The quiet peaceful French countryside. Close to great restaurants and typical French market towns. We bought the derelict Farmhouse and Barns at Chez Gottereau 22 years ago and with hard work and lots of fun were able to keep, during the restoration, many of the features of this over 200 year old property. The Rustic Gite (converted barn) is completely separate with it's own outside facilities.
We spend the Spring, Summer and Autumn in residence and enjoy welcoming visitors to our very rural and picturesque area of the Dordogne.
What makes this barn unique
The Gite is in a great location, very quiet but close enough by car to all the shops, restaurants and historic sites etc., you could want. Vast selection of outdoor activities within a few miles. The property has it's own large private pool.
From the Owner
“The quiet peaceful French countryside. Close to great restaurants and typical French market towns. We bought the derelict Farmhouse and Barns at Chez Gottereau 22 years ago and with hard work and lots of fun were able to keep, during the restoration, many of the features of this over 200 year old property. The Rustic Gite (converted barn) is completely separate with it's own outside facilities. We spend the Spring, Summer and Autumn in residence and enjoy welcoming visitors to our very rural and picturesque area of the Dordogne.”
Activity and Interests
Local Rivers have natural sandy beaches with swimming facilities and canoeing.
Dover to Calais or Boulogne. The distance from Calais to Chez Gottereau is 500 miles. The journey, can be made in just over 9 hours. An alternative is Portsmouth to Caen, Le Havre or Cherbourg. Ferry crossing is about 6 hours. The distance to Chez Gottereau is 360 miles which takes about 7 hours, flights available to Bergerac or Bordeaux from Gatwick, Stansted, Bristol and other UK airports.
There are many medieval villages, towns, chateau and manor houses within 20 miles. Lusignac 3 miles, Villebois Lavelette 8 miles, Aubeterre 12 miles, Brantome 22 miles, Perigueux and Angouleme 25 miles.
A nature park with a restaurant is at Vendoire 5 miles away just north of Nanteuil de Bourzac. Royan on the coast is 68 miles, Bergerac on the River Dordogne is 45 miles. Prehistoric Caves at Les Eysies 60 miles, Grottes de Villars 28 miles.
River bathing and canoeing (which is a favourite activity in this area), at Aubeterre, St. Aulaye, Lisle which have sandy beaches and tennis courts (12 miles away). Another popular canoeing place is Brantome. Lake swimming with a sandy beach under pine trees at La Jemaye south of Riberac on the D708 (15 miles). There are open air swimming pools and tennis courts at Verteillac and Riberac. Hilly cycling country, bikes are available for hire in Verteillac.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|End of stay Cleaning||£40|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
The changeover day for the Gîte is usually Saturday (after 2.00pm) but as savings can be made on the Cross Channel ferries, tunnel and cheap flights when travelling midweek, we would be happy to mutually agree weekday changeover days if requested.
We ask for a £100 per week deposit when you make your reservation, with the balance then becoming due 8 weeks before your arrival. Payment is requested by cheque in UK pounds or euros.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Gite is in a great location, very quiet but close enough by car to all the shops, restaurants and historic sites etc., you could want. Vast selection of outdoor activities within a few miles. The property has it's own large private pool.”
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom has a shower and wash hand basin (both fed by hot and cold water), toilet and washing machine.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. 23' 3" x 10' 6" with 2 single beds, bedside cabinets, wardrobe, dressing table, drawers, sofa, TV for DVD's & Videos. Gallery bedroom 2. 23' 3" x 10' 6" open staircase. Double bed, bedside cabinets, drawers, wardrobe, cupboards.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Property is gated to ensure safety of children with a safety alarm on the pool. Outside: There is over an acre of ground around the property with lots of space for anyone wanting to sleep under canvas or park a caravan. The Gite has it's own distinct garden area. There is a 9 x 4.5 meter heated swimming pool shared with the owners. Garden furniture, barbecue area and table and chairs for eating outside are provided. There is plenty of adventure playground space for children, table tennis table, volley ball area and other outdoor games available. The fruit trees include: plum, pear, apple, cherry, fig and blackberry bushes. You are welcome to pick the fruit if it is ripe during your stay. Utility Room: Store room with second refrigerator and small deep freeze. Games like volley ball net, etc and also where vacuum cleaner and household equipment is kept. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedding & Linen and towels are provided (changed weekly). Please bring your own towels for swimming.