Villa in Roubichoux, Sonnac sur l'Hers, Nr. Chalabre, Aude, South France - County Walks In Winding Woody Lanes, Picturesque Landscapes In Historical Cathare Countrysides.
The owners live nearby and will gladly give you a guided tour of the grounds, including the ruined castle, the restored chapel and the vineyard, as well as advising you what to see in the region and where to find the best wines and local markets. The hamlet belongs to the owners and their family so you are free to explore the well kept woody lanes and paths and surrounding fields and explore the domain as you wish. Or you may want to spend most of your time just browsing in the sun or dining in the shade.
About the Owner
I'm Julie, born in the Manchester area. I will be here to welcome you when you roll up the lane. I have lived here for over 38 years and live on the same property. I will not be far if you have a problem, want information about the area and what is going on, or just a chat. You may occasionally meet me in the pool when it gets a bit hot. Jean Luc my husband is French. He is a landscape gardener, which explains the beautifully kept gardens and country sides. The hameau de Roubichoux belongs to his parents Jean and Didi. Papy Jean was in the marines, and mamie Didi mother of 7, Jean Luc by the way is the 6th of the family. We just have 2 grown up boys, both living away.
For nature lovers, here you will discover a lot of wild life around the villa and in the nearby surroundings. You will get to see rabbits, fox, wild boar, deer and a large variety of birds and birds of prey if you are an early bird, or just lucky.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fabulous view and location (like home from home, as is the house with everything we needed...even the forgotten adaptor, thank you!). Congratulations to Julie and Jean Luc on building a lovely house and pool-we wish you another 30 years of happiness. We certainly hope to return.
X Jane and Family.
Superb holidays in magnificent place. Julie and Jean Luc don’t change a thing, you are really wonderful. Jean Luc you will need to practice more with the aperitif! We will keep you in our hearts.
Magnificent views, calm, tranquility & warm sunshine. What a beautiful region. We thank Jean Luc & Julie for their warm welcome. We will keep a wonderful souvenir of the pool, the country lanes, and our walks in the shaded woods.
We wish you a good end of season. Lots of success for the seasons to come. Roubichoux is a superb place. We are sad to leave.
Noah Emma Alain.
From the Owner
“We built our home and the gite 'Tour Basse' that sleeps up to 10 people our selves here in the Kercorb region, because of the beauty and the calm. Both Jean Luc and myself love to take walks in the domaine. Our self catering villa is in a truly romantic setting on southern facing slopes of the foothills of the Pyrenees. It has glorious views. You have free use of the heated pool, with power jet swimming. The hameau has its own restored ancient chapel, a semi-natural amphitheatre, a castle ruin, a vine yard and woodlands where children can play in security and adults can roam in peace and quiet, a nature lovers paradise. There is no through traffic. Yet despite the rural calm one is only 10 minutes drive from shops and 20 mins from the historic bastide of Mirepoix, 50 mins from Carcassonne”
Activity and Interests
The beaches at Narbonne are at 100 kilometers. Perpignan and its coasts and beaches are at 100 kilometers. There is also a big lake at Montbel only 25km from Roubichoux providing water sports, bathing and eating facilities. You can also hire a bike go horse riding, or take a walk on the shady paths by the lake.
Toulouse airport 'blagnac' 90 mins. Carcassonne airport 'salvaza' 50 mins. Perpignan airport 120 mins. A car is necessary in this region if you wish to shop and visit, and it is possible to hire a car at airports. Or there are many car hire companies nearby.
Roubichoux is a hamlet 5km from Sonnac and 8km from Chalabre. 60km from the walled city of Carcassonne and 100km from the regional capital of Toulouse. There is easy access to the historic towns of Mirepoix (where the romantic medieval town-square is home to the best market in the region) and the castle of Foix, access to the mountains of the Pyrenees. Other castles within 30 mins drive include Puivert and Montsegur where the Cathar martyrs where burned at the stake - now a peaceful hilltop.
Banks, shops, bakery, chemist, doctors and local bars within 10 mins at Chalabre, or 15 mins at Mirepoix. A museum of pre-history and the cave-paintings of Niaulx are close by, so too are many outdoor sports facilities as go carting at 'Leroque d'Olmes'. Horse riding, bike hire, rafting and canoeing near to Quillan', and there are also the mountains with their ski-stations in less than an hour’s drive. Andorra and Spain are reachable in less than two hours, although exploring the French Pyrenees on the doorstep would probably satisfy the most ardent motorist.
Local markets with regional produce, & its renowned charcuteries & dried sausage, Local produce such as cheeses, honey, fruits and wines, so much to see and taste. Wine tasting at Limoux, famous for its 'Blanquette de Limoux'. The Languedoc-Roussillon boasts a cuisine as rich & varied as the region itself, with its many fine restaurants selling specialties of the south west as foie gras,cassoulet, including a wide choice of fresh sea foods, local oyster & mussels.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
16 Oct 2016 - 15 Apr 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£178|
Rentals are fully inclusive - they include initial cleaning, provision of all bedding and indoor towels, electricity, gas, water etc.A deposit of 25% is due when the reservation is made and the remainder is due 2 months before the start-date.A security deposit is requested upon arrival, held against willful careless damage, excessive cleaning, using towels or linen for outside use, refunded at the end of stay in the absence of abuse or damage.Mid week stays and w-ends are possible in low season.
The changeover day is Saturday, but can be flexible please ask. Departure before 10hrs. Arrivals after 16hrs. We would consider week end and mid week locations out of season.
Notes on prices:
Prices for Christmas and New Year weeks 2016 =1000€ per week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“At the Tour Basse you will find the ideal summer holiday rental for a large extended family or two families holidaying together looking for high quality self catering facilities in a beautiful environment. There is lots of space to play outside, so our holiday home is ideal for families with children as there is no danger of traffic or strangers passing by. We are happy to except well behaved pets in our holiday home at no extra cost.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 150 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Outdoor Shower, Seat in shower, handles for restricted mobility
- Bathroom 1. On suit bathroom is on the ground floor with shower and toilet. Shower seat and handles for the elderly or restricted mobility. Bathroom 2. Has a bath/shower, double wash bassins this bathroom has a separate toilet. Both bathrooms have hair dryers.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: A 4 bedroom 2 bathroom pacious villa (sleeps 6/10) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1-on ground floor own bathroom suite, shower and toilet, 1 double bed, 1 cot & French window onto garden. Bedroom 2-1 double bed, built in wardrobe, Bedroom 3 - 1 double bed. Bedroom 4 - 3 single beds can be made into a double bed.
- Terrace ...
- Barbecue ...
- Water Sports Gear
- Notes on accommodation: The 'Tour Basse' is a modern fully equipped holiday home, with all the comforts of your own home. Downstairs is the first bed room with its own bathroom shower and toilet. The wooden stair case leads to another 3 bedrooms, a bathroom and separate wc. We can provide you with child beds and high chairs, bath tubs, upon request. Pets are welcome to share their owner’s holiday. This holiday home has no fenced in areas. Outside: The Tour Basse with its own independent entrance private gardens & parking, ample outdoor garden furniture & barbecue is situated on the opposite side of the proprietor’s home, there are no on looking windows or gardens. Each house with its entrance on opposite sides of the grounds. By the secured heated salt water pool that measures 4 by 9 meters you will find many sun loungers and a tabled area with sink and refrigerator for eating and relaxing in the shade. Relax by the pool with it's system of power jet for swimming and massage and the solar shower. The pool is shared with the proprietors who use it occasionally. The maintenance of the pool and the flowered gardens are looked after by Julie and Jean Luc. Roubichoux is quiet place to spend your holidays, and has no, or very rare passing traffic. Utility Room: You will find an outhouse with an extra freezer where you can also put bulky items, bikes or any other Items that you wish. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: House linen, kitchen towels, sheets and bath towels are provided. Pool towels are not provided, we advise you to bring your own as the bathroom towels are not to be used out side or at the pool. The end of stay cleaning is also included. Other: The views onto garden to the west by French windows, and to the south by the lounge French windows view onto the swimming pool & down onto the valley, across fields and woodlands and on to the Pyrenees Mountains.