Villa in Praia da Luz, Western Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Location 2 Minute Walk To Beach,shops and restaurants close by
Situated right in the centre of Praia da Luz this lovely, spacious villa has easy access to all that Luz has to offer - lovely seaviews from both levels, restaurants and shops within easy walking distance, 2 minutes to the beach and a solar heated salt water pool. A large downstairs terrace provides shade for long lazy lunches and the upstairs terrace allows outside eating at night looking down towards the beach and over towards the black rock. The pool is accessed either through the kitchen or through a door from the downstairs terrace. A small courtyard garden with a few fruit trees leads off the pool terrace and offers a quiet space for relaxing away from the pool area.
Restaurants are within easy walking distance as are two good supermarkets.
Luz also has an excellent doctors surgery and a dentist.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful family villa in a brilliant location 😃
Thanks again Anne
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
On behalf of the family I would like to thank you for the wonderful week we had over Easter in praia da Luz Your lovely villa was ideal for us. We enjoyed holidaying with our young grandsons, daughter and son-in-law.
The facilities at the villa were excellent and it was so well equipped. The pool being a firm favourite with the boys.
Thank you also for all the helpful information you sent before our holiday
12 April 2013
I just wanted to let you know on behalf of the whole family what a great holiday we had and to thank you for sharing your lovely home with us.
We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, the weather and location were beautiful and everything was so convenient. The kids spent the morning on the beach and the afternoon in the pool,while grandma delighted reading on the balcony from the well stocked bookshelves. A real home from home and one which we all hope we will be able to return to , thank you once again.
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful family villa in a brilliant location 😃
We had a fabulous stay in the villa in Luz. My family loved the villa - extremely spacious and plenty of facilities to make it feel just like home (my 2 year old grandson said it was his 'hodiday home' as he couldn't quite get the word holiday!). The villa has gorgeous sea and beach views and is a very close stroll down to the beach. The beach here is beautifully sandy and spacious - not many school children in September so plenty of space to spread out! There's a great selection of cafes nearby for anything from drinks or ice creams to full meals so there's no need to move off the beach all day. The villa has plenty of cooking facilities and kitchen equipment for any meals and we had barbecues out on the terrace. We would definitely recommend the villa to anyone and will certainly go back again in the future. We missed it as soon as we were home in England again! 😥. All in all we couldn't recommend it highly enough 😃😃
Fabulous location, wonderful accomodation
This villa is in a wonderful location, just as described on the website. It is within minutes of a beautiful beach, a huge variety of restaurants and many well equipped supermarkets. The villa was spotlessly clean and had everything a family could need for a relaxed and comfortable stay. It was so helpful to have so much information from the owner before arriving and the property manager was extremely helpful with general queries during our stay. I couldn't recommend this accommodation more, it provided the best holiday for a large family and is perfect for kids of all ages. We would love to holiday here again!!
This villa was the perfect location for our 4 teenagers and 7 year old. With a well equipped kitchen, two lounges, two beautiful terraces (the views from upstairs are stunning) and of course the very private pool area there was plenty of space for everyone to have some private time, as well as being accommodating enough for us all to get together for family meals and raucous card games on the terrace.
With the beach only being 2 minutes walk away, two supermarkets within 150 yards and lots of restaurants along the beachfront we really didn't need to leave Luz more than our single day trip to Lagos, and the older kids were able to come and go as they liked.
Communication from Anne prior to our trip was fantastic, the villa, pool and garden were spotlessly clean and well maintained.
I would definitely recommend this villa and would happily stay there again.
Praia da Luz villa
This property was ideal for our family. It is centred right in the middle of Praia da Luz within easy walking to the best supermarket/restaurants and beach. Unless you want to go further afield it would not be necessary to have a car. With 1 double bedroom downstairs it is suitable for the disabled. Although right in the middle of Luz it was very quiet and the children enjoyed the pool.
We would recommend this villa to friends - especially those with children.
Activity and Interests
Praia da Luz has a lovely blue flag beach which is a short stroll from the villa along small lanes and alleys. Within a short drive there are many lovely beaches and the west coast has beautiful unspoilt beaches with few people on them. The historical town of Lagos is only 10 minutes away by car or bus.
Faro airport is approx an hour away. Car hire is not needed as everything is within easy walking distance and there is a good bus service into nearby Lagos. If required I can arrange airport transfers for you.
The villa is a short stroll from the beach (approx 2 minutes). Historic Lagos is 10 minutes drive or a short bus journey. It is possible to walk along the cliffs to Burgau and also to Lagos in the other direction.
There are several good supermarkets in Praia da Luz and two are close to the villa. Within 5 minutes there are several restaurants and a bank, chemist, doctors, dentist and an internet cafe.
The villa has internet access on a pay as you go basis
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 30 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book this villa please email me and to confirm the booking I will require a 15% deposit with the balance being due 8 weeks before your holiday. I also require a damage deposit of £100.
Changeover day is flexible and the villa must be vacated by 10am on day of departure and it will be available after 2pm on day of arrival.
Notes on prices:
Prices given are for up to 9 people, please contact me for prices of larger groups
15% deposit to confirm a booking, the balance due 8 weeks before the start of your stay
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Ground floor bathroom with large shower WC bidet and basin.ensuite to bedroom 1 1st floor bathroom with bath/shower over, WC and basin. Cloakroom with WC and basin off downstairs corridor
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9+2 (4 Bedrooms) + cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed. Bedroom 2 with kingsize bed. Bedroom 3 with bunk beds and a single bed. Bedroom 4 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is an ideal villa for a car free holiday as everything is at hand. Upstairs has airconditioning in every room and both double bedrooms have spacious wardrobes while the 2 smaller bedrooms have adequate hanging space The water in the kitchen and bathrooms is solar heated and in plentiful supply. There are beach chairs and pool and beach accessories in the garage The lovely town of Lagos is 10 minutes away and the beautiful beaches of the west coast are easily accessible. There are lovely cliff walks in the area and many more just a short drive away. Outside: Each of the pretty terraces has a table and chairs and also bench seating. There are 8 loungers at the secluded pool The barbeque is on the ground flloor terrace overlooking the small courtyard garden the 8 metre pool is salt water and solar heated Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linens are included and bed linen is changed weekly, towels twice weekly and there is a midweek clean. I can also supply beach towels Other: Upstairs the living room has a beautiful sea view. There are 2 sofas (1 a sofa bed), occasional chairs, a tv, dvd, 2 bookcases of books, and an open fire. It opens onto a terrace with dining table, sofa and bench seating overlooking the small garden