House Between Village of Treffrin and Carhaix Plougher, Central Brittany, France - Extensive Garden, River And Cycle Trails Ideal To Relax Or Be Active
The extensive gardens gently slope down towards a river which borders the property. Visitors have close access to developed paths for walks, cycling and many adventures! After a busy day, relax on the patio, sip a glass of wine and take in the beauty and unwind from the hectic life that we all seem to lead. For the less energetic, try the comfy sunloungers and light up the bbq for a long leisurely lunch. There is plenty to occupy the children. We have a gamesroom with bar football, a darts board and many other games, this allows the grown ups some much needed peace and quiet. Early or late in the season the cosy, comfortable lounge is the perfect place to be, with a roaring log fire, sky tv or just listen to some music on the dvd player, the choice is yours, it is your holiday! We are within easy reach of the town of Carhaix. Here you will find many restaurants and bars and again for the children, there is an amazing swimming pool with a flume and jacuzzi.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a couple with four wonderful grown up children and an adorable grand daughter.
Dave has been traveling to Brittany over a number of years, he works in the building industry and has done a number of improvements to the house.
Liz studied hospitality management and has had a long career in the sector.
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“The house is perfectly located for easy access to the footpaths of the Nantes Brest canal, well manicured disused railway track passing through Carhaix from Morlaix to Rennes. A number of beaches within an hour of the property with free bus service in August”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Climbing and outward bound activity. Local fishing permits and school for children. Horse riding and equestrian. Canoe-kayak, cycling along Nantes Brest canal and cycle/walking paths
There are over 200 beaches within one and one and a half hours drive from the house. There are quiet family beaches on the Pink Granite Coast and secluded quiet beaches on the Crozon and activity areas for surfing and boating.
The closest ferry ports are Roscoff (1 hour) and St Malo (2 hours). The closest air ports are Brest (1 hour) and Dinard (2 hours).
A car is essential. There are 4 bikes at the house which can be used to visit the supermarket.
Treffrin village is 2 minutes by car.
Carhaix town is 5 minutes.
Huelgoat is 20 minutes.
Lac de Guerledan is 30 minutes.
Quimper is an hour.
Central location for exploring Brittany, enjoy local market and sampling traditional french cuisine.
We also advertise through Brittany Ferries and are able to offer 20% discount off all ferry travel.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£133|
Email to register interest and availability and complete booking form.
Long term lets may be available at reduced weekly rates.
25% deposit is required to secure the booking. Balance is due 6 weeks prior to travel and €150 refundable deposit against breakages/cleaning.
Changeover day is normally on Saturday. There is flexibility for last minute bookings (6 weeks prior to travel) subject to availability, and for bookings between October and April.
Notes on prices:
Includes electricity, water and wood
Linen available €25 euros per bed
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Close proximity to the Amorique National Park 20% discount off all crossings with Brittany Ferries Or Two back seat child passengers travel free and 4 berth cabin for travel before end May 2016”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- duty free shops
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Large family bathroom with roll top bath, walk in shower, bidet, toilet and sink with mirror Toilet and sink off the hall on the ground floor. Toilet in basement leading into the rear garden.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, traditional French armoire, dressing table and views over rear garden. Bedroom 2 with double bed and antique French armoire, bedside tables and views over rear garden. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, white furniture.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Home from home ......... Ideal base to explore Brittany for a relaxing break, activity holiday or house hunting. Perfect for two, families or groups. Available for long term lets, please contact us to discuss your requirements. Outside: Extensive grounds and secluded gardens. There are two patio areas for alfresco dining. There is a gas and charcoal BBQ. Dining table and six chairs and two loungers. Utility Room: Located in the basement, fridge, freezer, washing machine, extensive cupboards and sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: King sized and single duvets on the beds with pillows and additional blankets. Linen can be provided at an additional cost of £10 per bed. End of stay maid service is available at an additional cost of £40. Other: Games room including darts, bar football, outdoor games, range of books. 4 bicycles available, body boards and wet suits. Travel BBQ and picnic basket as well as outdoor garden furniture, loungers and patio BBQ.