Apartment in Manilva, Nr. Duquesa, Costa del Sol - Peaceful Location, Large Terrace
Situated on a quiet security-gated, urbanization near to the beautiful seaside fishing village of Puerto de la Duquesa with its many restaurants and bars. There are four swimming pools on site, one of which is a beach pool (see picture) and it is very safe for children. There is underground parking immediately below the apartment. Supermarkets are a short drive away as are ATM's, banks, post office and many shops. The local beaches are fabulous, with golden sand and again very safe for children, they can be reached in 15 minutes by foot. There are also a number of trails that lead into the surrounding countryside. It is an easy drive to Gibraltar, Marbella, Estepona, Ronda and a little further afield you can find Sevilla and Cordoba. There is local Golf in abundance. This apartment is situated on the Costa del Golf with Duquesa Golf just 5 minutes away. Also nearby are the courses of Estapona, Sotogrande, Valdarrama and Alcadaisa Links and many more nearby.
Top Traveller Review
A great rental apartment for a fantastic family holiday
About the Owner
Hello and a warm welcome from Bob and Dawn to sunny Spain. We fell in love with the beautiful village of Gaucin during our visit in 2006. The unique and special ambiance of this 'pueblo blanco' is quite special, the evenings are magical as you sit admiring the wonderful sunsets and moon-lit skies from our terraces. The scenery is stunning and views down to the coast are magnificent. We base our successful bird tour company (wingspan bird tours) from our home in Gaucin where we offer day tours to give you a unique opportunity to sample the 'real Spain' and enjoy a wonderful day watching wildlife.
2 holidaymaker reviews
A great rental apartment for a fantastic family holiday
The apartment and complex is quiet, family friendly and close enough to get to the beach easily with a car. The apartment was well equipped and the resort of La Duquesa enabled a good holiday to be had.
Zuvorkommende und freundliche Vermieter
Die Wohnung war in einem Top Zustand, sehr hell, groß und mit Klimaanlage ausgestattet.
Es ist alles wie beschrieben.
In der Anlage befinden sich vier Pools, einen davon für Kleinkinder. Kinder dürfen allerdings nur in Begleitung eines Erwachsenen baden.
Der Strand ist ca. 1 km von der Anlage entfernt.
Ich habe den Aufenthalt in dieser Wohnung sehr genossen.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If you enjoy bird watching then southern Spain is the place for you. Within easy reach are Golden Orioles, Bee-eaters, Hoopoes, Vultures, Eagles, Rock Thrushes, Black Wheatears, Cirl Buntings, Rock Buntings, Swifts, Swallows, Pipits, Larks, Woodpeckers the list goes on and on. Fully guided bird-watching tours are available during your stay, they vary from one day excursions to a full all inclusive week. You are just minutes away from Tarifa and Gibraltar where a migration spectacular takes place each spring and autumn. We offer excursions to Gibraltar ringing station where you can see a variety of migrant birds 'in the hand' (Sept / Oct only) and then discover the fascinating avifauna of the Rock.
Nearby are spectacular golden beaches with beach side restaurants in abundance. The local town of Sabinillas is just 10 minutes away with further shops and restaurants and market day on Sundays. English is widely spoken in restaurants and bars, Sabinillas has a Blue Flag beach. The nearest beaches can be reached in 5 minutes by car or a 15 minute walk, however please note that the walk is all down hill and therefore all uphill on the way back, not recommended on hot days with children.
Gibraltar airport and its duty free shops, Barbary Apes and typical British high street stores can be reached in 30 mins.
Malaga airport: is 100km and can be reached in 1 hour on the fast A7 or toll autovia the AP7. Jerez airport is a similar distance about 110km and again can be reached in about 1hr 15 mins. Sevilla is further away at 220 km and it takes 2 - 2.5hr. Morocco:- the 35 minute fast ferry service at Algeciras can be reached in 40 minutes and the ferry service runs hourly.
The nearest town is Duquesa at 5km, this is a small fishing village with many bars and restaurants, it has a taxi rank.
Sabinillas has many shops, bars and restaurant and an excellent beach, it is about 10km away and again has a taxi rank.
Inland you can reach Manilva town in 15 minutes by car and Casares (20mins), Gaucin (35mins) and Ronda (1hour)
Car hire is recommended, however, several people have stayed without hiring a car, we can offer airport transfers at reasonable rates (far less than taxis). We can also offer day trips to Sevilla, Ronda, Gibraltar and Arcos.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
We will hold your verbal or e-mail booking for two weeks during which time you will be e-mailed a booking form and booking terms. Once the form booking has been returned to us accompanied by a £100 deposit we will confirm your booking by e-mail. The balance must be paid six weeks before your arrival date.
Changeover days are completely flexible. You must vacate by 10 am on departure day and arriving no earlier than 2 pm.
Notes on prices:
Discounts available for longer lets, prices negotiable when overlapping price ranges.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom has a bath with shower over, wc, bidet, hand basin. bathroom 2 has walk-in shower, wc, bidet, hand basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom has a double bed, fitted wardrobes, dressing table, en-suite bathroom, with bath/shower combination. Bedroom 2 has twin beds, fitted wardrobes, dressing tables and a separate bathroom adjacent to the room.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is very suitable for children having a large enclosed terrace with a large retractable awning that provides good shelter in the heat of the day. The large swimming is found just behind the apartment and has a very safe beach-type open end for toddlers to walk into and have a terrific splashing time. Outside: The large terrace is equipped with sun-loungers and is half-covered by a retractable awning. There is also a a glass-topped dining table and six chairs. The terrace is south facing and is sun-drenched for most of the day right through to 10pm in the summer. It also has a lockable gate and it is perfectly safe to leave small children at play. Access to the large swimming pool is 20 meters from the terrace via a small flight of 10 steps and a sloped access pathway. The pool is not heated and is open from April to October. Utility Room: In each wardrobe there are sunbeds, many children's toys, beach umbrellas, beach towels and various water toys for the pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and are changed weekly. The apartment is fully cleaned on each changeover. There are also beach towels. Other: The large terrace has outside furniture with large glass-topped table with six chairs, this is place below the awning and is ideal for breakfast, lunch and dinner during those balmy summer days.