Villa in Varandas do Lago, between Quinta do Lago / Vale do Lobo, Algarve - Only Minutes from the Beach
This is a much loved holiday home with south facing views overlooking the pine trees making the villa private. It has been tastefully decorated to a 5 star standard offering air-cooling system and a surround sound system in every room. It is situated between the resorts of Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago and their exclusive golf courses. Julia's beach with some excellent restaurants and bars are only a short walk away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Howard Swain
We love our family holidays to our Villa. We spend a lot of quality time with each other in the Gardens of the Villa in the beautiful BBQ area which is all private and in our own comfort.
With a 10 minute walk to the beach, we pack our bags for the day, seeing some amazing sites along the way, 'Julia's Beach' is surrounded by fine dining exquisite Restaurant's. One of our favourite being 'Julia's' and 'Izzy's'
When we are all holidaying together we like to join the 'Sunset Party' at Izzy's which is hosted on a Sunday Evening. They have a great live band on and make sure everyone has a good time!
On the other hand, My wife and I enjoy our time relaxing together with romantic walks to the beach and having a little 'get away'.
Why Howard Swain chose Almancil area
We bought our home in the late months of 2007, we had previously rented a Villa whilst doing our homework - we instantly fell in love with Portugal.
With the location being under 3 hours traveling we are on the beach/by the pool in no time.
Me and my wife play Golf - Where we are located is brilliant for Golfers and is renowned for Golf.
We wanted somewhere to not just get away but make friends and we have found the perfect place. The area we are based is quiet, beautiful and influential.
With beautiful clothing shops not far and unique café/bars/restaurant's we don't find ourselves going abroad any where else, Relaxing by our private pool or walking to the gorgeous friendly beach. The Regulars are one big family. And Portugal is our Second home.
NOTE- STRICTLY NO PETS ALLOWED
(3 traveller reviews)
We arrived quite late at night to the most welcoming sight. The villa looked glorious even under a night sky. When we walked in we were greeted with polished stone floors, incredibly attractive soft furnishings , all different in each bedroom! All the ensuite bathrooms tastefully tiled and spotlessly clean. As for the kitchen,it was wonderful to find everything we needed and again do beautifully decorated. The villa had a fabulous pool very clean and kept to a high standard. When we did venture out the villa is in a great position to restaurants, the beach and any nightlife. I will definitely be recommending this bills to my friends and can't wait to go back there myself
We have a great holiday here it was very well presented with all the essentials that we needed. we took your advise and went to Julias beach and we loved it. we met some celebrities and partied with them! Everyone enjoyed the holiday and I will return to the area. Thank you it gave us many memories
My family and I had a great holiday here in Portugal. The location was better than expected to be - brilliant. Everywhere was walking distance for me and the small children to walk. The weather was gorgeous and I certainly liked the relaxing evenings round the garden/pool having BBQs and wine. kids all relaxed and worn out after a long day on the beach loved the cinema room in the basement. the villa was very well presented. I've spoken to the Villa owner and already booked for next year - thank you very much. Best Regards
From the Owner
“We bought our home in the late months of 2007, we had previously rented a Villa whilst doing our homework - we instantly fell in love with Portugal. With the location being under 3 hours traveling we are on the beach/by the pool in no time. Me and my wife play Golf - Where we are located is brilliant for Golfers and is renowned for Golf. We wanted somewhere to not just get away but make friends and we have found the perfect place. The area we are based is quiet, beautiful and influential. With beautiful clothing shops not far and unique café/bars/restaurant's we don't find ourselves going abroad any where else, Relaxing by our private pool or walking to the gorgeous friendly beach. The Regulars are one big family. And Portugal is our Second home. NOTE- STRICTLY NO PETS ALLOWED”
Activity and Interests
Ancao and Julia's beach is 10 minute walk away where there are a number of beach bars and some excellent restaurants specializing in fish.
Faro airport is a 20 minute drive. Car hire is strongly recommended however taxis are available.
Vilamoura is a 15 minute drive where there is a lovely marina and quality golf courses.
Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo are within 2 minutes drive away.
Almancil is a 5 minute drive away.
Nearest banks are at Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo.
Larger supermarkets are at Almancil, Vale do Lobo and Quinta do Lago. Medical facilities provided at Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo. Quinta do Lago has many designer shops and some excellent restaurants.
- Booking Notes:
A 25% deposit required on booking. Balance due 8 weeks before departure. £500 damage deposit required.
High season Saturday to Saturday. Low season fairly flexible.
Notes on prices:
All prices are in pounds sterling
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Master bedroom with en-suite Jacuzzi bath, shower, bidet, wc. Bedroom 2 with en-suite bath, shower, bidet, wc. Bedroom 3 with en-suite shower, bidet, wc. Bedrooms 4 and 5 with sharing bathroom with shower, bidet, wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom has patio doors leading onto terrace with views across the pine trees. Bedroom 2 with double bed sharing terrace with master bedroom. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedrooms 4 and 5 with twin beds but can provide double beds if required.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Strictly no all male golfing parties allowed. We are now able to offer baby sitting through our property management team, details available upon request. Outside: Spacious covered and uncovered terrace areas with luxurious garden furniture. A great BBQ area with gas and brick built BBQs complete with preparation area. Lovely pool surrounded by mature landscaped gardens. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels changed weekly. Maid service twice weekly. Poolside towels provided. Other: Stunning entrance hall with elegant staircase. A fantastic cinema room with 65" plasma screen TV, HD and DVD with Bose surround system. Snooker table located in the games room.