Farmhouse in Castillon Debats near Vic-Fezensac / Auch, Gers - Spectacular Views across Farmlands to the Pyrenees
"Bel Air' is an unassuming typical 18th century colombage farm house, lovingly restored as a family home. A house with a happy welcoming ambiance, it is on the edge of Castillon Debats, one of highest villages in the Gers. The house is set on a ridge with one acre of completely fenced garden - it enjoys spectacular uninterrupted south views across farmland to the Pyrenees. Life centres round the large paved terrace off the kitchen shaded by a big chestnut tree, with a small fenced pond, swings, BBQ and a hammock or sunbathing at the pool area with breathtaking views to the south. The 10x5 pool is fully fenced, alarmed and has plenty of sun loungers, umbrellas and various pool toys.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Bel Air is a perfect place for small families. The house is cool on even the hottest days & the gardens completely kid proof"
"The views are fantastic & Bel Air is a lovely friendly home"
Activity and Interests
Several local towns having swimming lakes with sand beaches & family facilities. The nearest at Lupiac (10 mins from Bel Air) has a pretty setting, a good restaurant & is very popular with Bel Air guests.
For access & enjoyment of the wonderful country side a car is essential.
Accessible airports are:-
Toulouse 1.25 hrs
Pau 1.75 hrs
Bordeaux 2 hrs
Biarritz 2.50 hrs
Carcassone 2.50 hrs
Bergerac 2.50 hrs
The nearest TGV station is Agen 1 hr
The driving time from St Malo is 7 hrs & from Santander 5 hrs
Castillon Debats is 7 kms from Vic Fezensac & about 10 kms from Aignan. Auch, the departmental capital, is 30 kms.
There is a folder of information at the house. Vic Fezensac has several supermarkets, shopping, restaurant & other facilities.
Things to do include :-
* Lupiac Lake - sandy beach & restaurant
* Le Vert en L'Air tree top adventure trail
* Golf, Horseriding,Tennis, Water skiing, Theme Park nearby
* Cycling, Running & Walking
* Canoeing, White Water Raffting near Pyrennes
* Beautiful villages some walled/fortified
* Wine & Armagnac tasting
* Every day a market day somewhere near
* Night markets in Vic Fezensac July/August
* Vic Fezensac has horse racing & bull ring
* Auch a lovely cathedral - superb stain glass
* Lourdes within 2 hrs
* Grottes mankind's earliest known cave drawings
* Vic Fezensac Salsa Music Festival end July
* Marciac has international jazz festival in early August
* Mirande has Country & Western Festival in July
* Madiran hosts a wine festival in mid August
* Regular classical concerts in churches & chateaux
Explore the local flora & fauna. Discover beautiful seemingly deserted hilltop walled villages, enjoy stunning views of the mountains, experience the abundance of wild life, eagles, buzzards, owls, woodpeckers, deer, wild boar & red squirrels
For enthusiastic artists, the sunflowers, the pigeoniers, churches & village squares are irresistible.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Unless by other special arrangement changeover day is Saturday. Arrival should be after 4pm and departure by 10am. Guests should contact our caretaker Andy Chandler to confirm arrival (please enquire for contact details).
Notes on prices:
Dogs are welcome - although we expect dog mess outside and dog hairs inside to be cleaned up - failure to do this will result in a Euro50 charge taken from your deposit
Booking request should be made to Emma Somerville at the contact numbers shown. 3 payments are required:-
- 25% initial payment (nonrefundable in event of cancellation)
- a GBP 150 security deposit (post dated cheque accepted)
- balance of rental at least 6 weeks before commencement of rental
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath, shower & loo Another shower & loo Another separate shower Separate loo
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with twin beds + 2 spare mattresses Bedroom 3 with twin beds Bedroom 4 with twin beds
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The convection wood burning stove in the kitchen, a big open fire place in the second sitting room and electric central heating ensure all year comfort. A welcome pack of some immediate needs as well as basic stores are provided. Further stores and bicycle hire can be arranged with prior warning to the caretaker. There is wifi broadband and free internet international and domestic phone facility. Outside: The mature 1 acre garden is fully fenced (including the pond & pool area) for child safety. The 10x5 m swimming pool is alarmed & has a big sunbathing area with breathtaking & uninterrupted views across farmlands to the Pyrenees. There are plenty of sun loungers, umbrellas & pool toys. The orchard has cherries, plums, pears, peaches, figs and quinces which, in season, guests are welcome to share with the owner. There are swings, a hammock, facilities for badminton and boule and a BBQ. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine separate drying machine & double sink. An ironing board & iron, vacuum cleaner & cleaning materials are provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen & towels including swimming towels are provided & changed weekly. The rental includes the services of a cleaner for 2 hours each week. Extra cleaner service & catering facilities can be arranged by request given enough notice. Other: The adjoining garage/games room has table tennis & table football.