Villa near Cherng Talay, Phuket, Thailand - Peaceful, idyllic location, 5 Minutes Walk to the Beach
Large (850sq.m) luxury villa on two floors with an additional completely private roof sala. Situated in a small private estate of 14 villas with extensive gardens and magnificent views of the Andaman Sea. It is very close to the beach and the adjacent Laguna golf club. It is situated in the fabled Laguna area of Phuket with the Banyan tree, Sheraton, Allamanda, Laguna Beach and Dusit hotels nearby. It is a 10 min drive to the village of Cherng Talay with its shops, including a smaller Tesco supermarket, restaurants and banking facilities and only 20 mins to Phuket International airport. The large Tesco supermarket, the Big C, Central Festival and other shopping centres are 20 mins away as is Phuket town. Patong with its well known beach, shopping, dining facilities and night life is only 30 mins away. Most areas of Phuket are very accessible and a trip to Nai Han beach in the south or Mai Khao beach and the Sarasin bridge in the north will only take about 40 mins.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect Phuket holiday
About the Owner
This is a luxury 4-bedroomed villa adjacent to the lovely Bang Tao beach in Phuket. It is privately owned by myself, a retired consultant surgeon. I stay in one of the villas with my family for about 6 weeks a year. It is available for rental for the rest of the year, if for no other reason, that we like to have it occupied. We use the villa because it is an ideal base for swimming, boating, golf and a host of other activities. Perhaps the most popular activity is lazing by the luxurious private pool or on the adjacent Bang Tao beach with its 5 kilometre stretch of golden sand not to mention having real Thai food in one of the nearby beach restaurants, or perhaps, in one of the more exclusive restaurants in the village of Cherng Talay or nearby Laguna hotels.
Guestbook comments from the owner
What a wonderful place. We fell in love with it as soon as we arrived and were more impressed as the days went on. We particularly enjoyed Naitharn beach(gentler waves for our little ones) and the Reggae Bar + Lotus restaurant. We very much hope to be back. And Aon looked after us so well. Who needs 5*hotels, this was so much better. The Giaretta family. ps Thanks for being so charming about our flight confusion!
We have had a wonderful time and the villa is all we dreamt of! Aon and her sister supplied a fantastic meal(although far too much for our waist lines!) and we are already planning a return visit. Thank you so much, take care until next time. The Harding family.
Sabays on the beach looked after us everyday!!
We could not have spent our honeymoon in a better place. Wonderful villa, beautiful garden, amazing beaches and a refreshing pool. Aon and her sister were great and helpd us out whenever we needed some trusted local advice.
Thank you so much, Nick & Vera
1 holidaymaker review
Perfect Phuket holiday
This is a wonderful location for a more relaxed Phuket holiday. The villa was perfect for our group of 4 couples with a kind and friendly maid to look after us and cook as required. The owner was very helpful and courteous and responsive to our email enquiry and subsequent follow ups. The villa is close to the beach for that refreshing dip and the many local restaurants that are dotted along the foreshore. Also not to far from some larger resorts for shopping and that cappuccino or wine. Highly recommended
From the Owner
“I love living by the sea, and particularly having access to beautiful adjacent beach. I am a keen golfer and a member of the nearby Laguna golf club (5 mins away) and the Blue Canyon club with its magnificent Canyon and Lakes courses (20 mins away). Chom Tawan is an exclusive estate with some 12 villas in it. It is quiet with beautiful gardens near the quiet northern end of Bang Tao beach yet it is only a 10 min drive to the village of Cherngtalay with its shops, restaurants and banking facilities. It is a 5 min walk to Bang Tao beach with it's 5 kilometre stretch of golden sand bordering the Andaman Sea. Villa Samorna has a very large, beautiful garden, almost one rai or a third of an acre which is bordered by a river which runs down to the sea.”
Activity and Interests
5 min walk to Bang Tao beach. This is an unspoilt 5km stretch of golden sand bordering the Andaman Sea. There are a number of beach bars and restaurants within easy walking distance from the villa.
Phuket has many other beautiful beaches.
Phuket international airport is a 20 min drive from the property. Car hire is desirable but by no means essential. Taxi service is available. The beach is a short walk and many of the local restaurants provide a free taxi service for clients.
The local village of Cherng Talay 10 mins. Bang Tao beach adjacent. Kamal and Surin beaches 15 mins. Patong beach 30 mins. Chalong Bay, Karon and Kata beaches 30 mins. Cape Promthep, Nai Harn and Rawai beach 40 mins. Nai Thon beach 15 mins and Mai Kao beach and Sarasin Bridge 40 mins.
Cherng Talay village with shops, including a Tesco supermarket, restaurants and banking facilities 10 mins away. The Laguna hotels (Banyan Tree, Sheraton, Laguna Beach and Dusit) are nearby. Laguna golf club 5 mins. Loch Palm, Red Mountain, Phuket Country Club and Blue Canyon Golf Clubs are a 20 min drive. A large Tesco supermarket and other shopping centres are 20 mins away. Phuket town with shops and restaurants and Patong with its famous beach, shops, restaurants and night life are a 30 mins drive.
- Booking Notes:
Booking can be made by email. 20% deposit payable on booking and the remaining 80% to be paid one month prior to rental period. If cancellation is made 3 months prior to rental, full refund will be made. If cancellation is made less than 3 months prior to rental, the deposit will be forfeited. A US$1000 security deposit will be retained on arrival and this will be refunded subject to the cost of any breakages or damage caused by the guests, other than that due to fair wear and tear.
Change over day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per night in US Dollars.
Discounts for lets longer than a week.
Substantial discounts for lets longer than a month.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This is a luxury 4 bedroom ensuite villa with large private garden and pool. I particularly enjoy the privacy of the villa together with the large private pool. The roof top sala is also very private and not overlooked in any way.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 4 en-suite bathrooms, three with baths and showers and wcs and one with a shower and wc. There is also a maid's room with a single bed and adjacent shower, together with a guest cloakroom with wc downstairs and an outside shower and wc near the pool.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms all en-suite) Notes on bedrooms: Two en-suite bedrooms with double beds and one with an additional sofa bed, one en-suite bedroom with two single beds and, on the ground floor, another en-suite bed room/study with two single beds and a desk with wireless internet facility.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Air-conditioning throughout. Suitable for children with cot and high chair provided. Two double bedrooms ensuite on 1st floor, opening on to terrace with rattan chairs(Master bedroom has an extra sofa-bed) and one twin bedroom ensuite with rear balcony with table and chairs. Twin bedroom study ensuite on ground floor, opening on to poolside terrace. The kitchen and dining room are open plan, as is a large lounge with sofa, easy chairs and large coffee table. Large screen TV with 24 cable channels. The very private roof terrace is accessed via a spiral staircase and affords magnificent views of the Andaman sea( a 5 minute walk to adjoining Bangtao beach.) The roof terrace has loungers and bar stools where lovely sunsets over the Andaman sea can be seen whilst sipping your favourite aperitif. The large pool extends from the front of the villa and at the rear there is private terrace with table and chairs where meals can be taken. Outside: Large private swimming pool, 15 x 4 metres. Well stocked garden with exotic plants, flowering shrubs, lawns at front and back fringed with fan and coconut palms. Patios at front and rear and barbecue facilities available. Table and chairs are situated on the rear terrace, where meals can be taken in private. Utility Room: Adjacent to kitchen with washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided for 8 adults. Beach towels also provided. Daily maid service and linen change three times a week for short term lets. Other: Roof top sala with loungers. Very private and accessed by spiral staircase.