Countryside Holiday Home near La Chataignerie, Vendee, - Quiet Hamlet - Peaceful Location
Originally a farmhouse and cottage - recently converted into one property this lovely hosue is over two hundred years old, with oak beams and tiled floors downstairs. Upstairs the bedrooms all have high ceilings with traditional oak beams. Two of the bedrooms - the large family and the master bedroom have en-suite facility. There is a separate full bathroom and a further toilet downstairs. It has a modern kitchen, central heating & a wood burner. The property is south facing ensuring sun early morning to late at night. The large garden has plenty of room for a full size football pitch as well as a private partially enclosed decked pool 10 x 5 m. Local shops, bars and restaurants are nearby with La Rochelle just an hour away. Mervant - 20 minutes away has a large forest and reservoir and Puy Du Foy is approx 45 minutes north and provides a great day out for all the family. The beaches of the Vendee are safe and the island of Ile Du Re is definitely worth a visit.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We bought this house as a renovation project - it was a rundown farm house at the head of the village. Some of the family still reside in many of the houses in the hamlet. It was a house and a hay barn which we converted into one house. We still have the large barn which will make a wonderful renovation project one day!
Roy & I both work at very busy jobs - i travel globally for my work so its wonderful to get away from it all when we get over to the house and spend some quiet time - with no phones and emails. We are both active 'older' people - love walking, cycling eating and drinking wine so this suits us perfectly. We have two grown up children who also actually enjoy getting away from it all and lazing around the pool.
We hope you enjoy Salvaison as much as us
1 holidaymaker review
The property was clean and well maintained. The owner was very responsive and helpful regarding all our enquiries both before and after our stay. The listing description and photographs on the website were very accurate. The house is in a beautiful, peaceful location. The house is very well equipped and has a lovely pool and lots of garden. I would recommend this house.
From the Owner
“Lovely quiet and peaceful location - we wanted a large property that had the options to renovate The area is quiet but within 10 minutes you can be in a small town or 20 minutes are large town. The views are magnificent.”
Activity and Interests
1 hours drive from the safe golden sandy beaches and fishing ports of southern Vendee.
La Rochelle Airport - approx 1 hours drive. Nantes Airport approx 1hr 30mins. Limoge Airport - 3 hours. St Malo port - 3hr 30 mins. Caen Port - 4.30 hours. Calais - 6 hours.
La Chapelle Aux Lys - bar and bread - 3km. L'Absie - bank, patisserie, grocers, good supermarket - 4km. St Hilaire De Vouse - excellent restaurant and bar, patisserie - 4km. La Chataignerie - large Super U and general town facilities - 20 minutes. Mervant forest and reservoir - 20 minutes. La Rochelle - 50 minutes. Puy De Foy - 45 minutes.
A couple of golf courses are available within an hours drive. Fishing at Pescalis is 15 minutes away. Tree climbing, canoeing available at Mervant.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book please contact the owner by email or telephone. Rental commences 4.00pm DOA and vacated 10.00am DOD .If you wish to stay longer please ask and we will try to accommodate. Changeover day is Saturday in peak season
Changeover days are Saturdays during peak period - flexible changeover day out of peak season.
We require a non refundable deposit with your booking of 20%. (in the event of a cancellation we will refund if we are able to re-let). Balance is Payable 8 weeks before arrival along with a security deposit (£150pw which is refunded within 2 weeks of your departure date subject to T&C's)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Allows us to have some close family time - we have a very large garden which is great for games such as cricket and croquet and football. The house is large which allows us to visit with lots of family - 10 people at the house is great fun - and still not overcrowded. The locals are very friendly even though we dont see them often as the farmers are always working. L'Absie the nearest town (4km) is really improving and has lots of activities going on. Even in the summer months it doesnt get too over crowded in the region - as people flock to the beaches you can rest and relax at the house with a wonderful large pool and when the sun gets too hot - the house with its thick walls offers a lovely cool haven”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Table Football
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, sink and wc. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with shower, sink and wc. Large bathroom with bath/shower over, wc and sink. Separate toilet with sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - large room,superking bed, cot & mattress for additional child. En-suite Bedroom 2 - large family room, double bed, bunk beds and en-suite facilities. Bedroom 3 - large room with double bed. Lounge has 2 sofa's one is has a double bed
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: Oil fired central heating which also provides hot water and water for showers. There is a log burner for out of season use. Safe country side environment with plenty of play area for children. The pool has an automatic cover for safety when not in use . Outside: All grounds are south facing, private and enclosed. Large picnic bench near to kitchen for outside eating and gas barbecue. Chairs, loungers available for around the pool area. Golf clubs available to use free of charge. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes line, sink, iron/ironing board, high chair, stair gate. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned at changeover. Bed linen /Tea towels/ hand towels only provided. Garden maintenance is done on a change over when possible. Pool is cleaned on changeover day. No towels provided. Extra cleaning can be arranged at additional charge. Other: Large vestibule with coat hooks and shoe racks.