Barn in Jaure, Nr. Villamblard, Dordogne, France
Chabirac Haute is an old barn hovel that has recently been converted, maintaining lots of the barns old features, but re-modeled to create a comfortable four/five bedroom house with modern facilities, lots of living space, swimming pool and beautiful valley views. A garden surrounds the property with woodlands to the rear and a paddock to the side of the house. Making this a particularly sort after holiday destination.
Top Traveller Review
Real "French" ExperienceReal "French" Experience
About the Owner
The owners fell in love with the Dordogne and have been visiting the area for more than twenty years. Presently they live in the UK and use the house for their own holidays. The house bought as a dilapidated barn hovel in 2002, has been lovingly restored to its present day level of comfort.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Real "French" Experience
We stayed here in Sept last year - didn't book this property from the Owners Direct website but just been looking for another place to stay and found this review. Very surprised at the comments as I found it a great place as it had everything for a large family with grandchildren. Such a peaceful location in a real old French style barn environment. Now getting pressured to arrange another visit by the gang!
Converted Barn with Pool and Lovely Views
This is a lovely property in a beautiful peaceful location that could/should be a fantastic holiday home. The standard of cleanliness of the property though leaves a lot to be desired!. It really needs a good clean. There were very dirty cupboards and floors and the quilts on the beds badly need replacing. We did mail the owner who responded with less than satisfactory excuses.('cleaner has limited amount of time', 'Quilts should have been changed,' 'Tiles loose around pool due to weather', 'Damaged sunbeds will be replaced') We paid quite a premium compared to other French properties that we have visited in the past and have never had reason to complain about standards before. I hope they sort it out but I'm not convinced they will!
From the Owner
“Loved the position of the property - location, location, location being the mantra we used when researching our purchase.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest coastal resort is Arcachon 1.5 hour drive the other side of Bordeaux.
Airports - Bergerac 40 mins (Ryan Air and Flybe).
Bordeaux - 1.15 hrs (BA).
Limoge 1.5 hrs (Ryan Air).
Villamblard (village) 3kms nearest small town, shop, bars, chemist, bakers.
Neuvic (small town on the river Isle) 7kms - supermarket, shops, restaurants, post office, amenities.
St Astier (small town on the river Isle) - supermarkets, shops bars, restaurants, market, amenities.
Bergerac and Perigueux (large tourist towns) 35-40 mins both well worth a visit. There are many sites to visit Bastides, Chateaus, Caves Castles and beauty spots as well as plenty of activities to fill your day.
Bar, restaurant in Jaure 1.5kms. Grignol 2 bars and restaurant 3kms. Villamblard bar 3.5kms. Neuvic bars and restaurants 7kms. The wine region of Bordeaux is in close proximity with St Emillion well worth a visit. Take in a Chateau tasting whilst your there. Bergerac hosts many vineyards and Chateaus with the famous Perchamont vineyards and Chateau Monbazillac (the famous dessert wine) both worth a visit. Canoe on the Dordogne or follow the lovely village walks advertised in many of the villages.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
Email or telephone for further booking details.
Saturdays arrival after 4pm departure by 11am unless special arrangements are made.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Long lets of more than four weeks are a available, prices on discussion with owners.
30% Deposit on booking - balance of rental 1 moth prior to date of rental
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- 90 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 downstairs, wet room, shower bathroom. Bathroom 2 en-suite, pedestal, bath, toilet and sink. Bathroom 3 shower, sink and toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with double bed and shared bathroom. Bedroom 3 two single beds with shared bathroom. Bedroom 4 bunk beds shared bathroom.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe
- Notes on accommodation: The property is set on 3 levels with the lounge being at the high point going down to the large hallway and then down again to the dining and kitchen areas. Probably not suitable for toddlers and prams. Outside: Front - in and out driveway to the front of the house. Parking for 4 cars with a lawn area and garden all facing lovely views across the valley. Rear - secluded terraced garden with terrace and private pool and garden with approx 1 acre paddock and a further acre of woodlands. Utility Room: Utility room directly off kitchen with fridge freezer, beer fridge, washing machine and dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included cleaner available if required, otherwise cleaned before use with linen changed weekly. Other: Large galleried hallway looking down on massive dining room with dining table able to seat ten people in style.