House in Puerto de Mogan, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands - Stunning Views from the Three separate Terraces overlooking the Harbour, Marina and Ocean
A tastefully renovated air-conditioned house and a separate apartment that can either be booked as one large accommodation for larger groups or separately. Both offer all the comforts of home. Both accommodations overlook the picturesque fishing village of Puerto de Mogan in Gran Canaria. There are stunning views from the three separate terraces all offering views of large expanses of ocean as well as the main harbour and chic marina. Both accomodations are only a 3 minute walk from the white sahara sand beach, shops, restaurants and bars. There is use of a lovely swimming pool at the nearby 'Marina Bar' restaurant for those who prefer 'poolside life' to being 'beach bums'(conditions apply).
Top Traveller Review
Big family get away
About the Owner
We live in Worcestershire (UK). We run a family business with this property being one of our main operations. Our daughter, Nina, deals with enquiries and is very approachable.
Our business 'model' is to let this property at what is a very competitive rate compared to other accommodations of similar quality. We would rather have the property rented out every week of the year at what is a great value price than have it lying vacant.
Guestbook comments from the owner
‘Wonderful house, great weather. Wonderful New Year / Fireworks. Great Honey Rum!’ -Margaret and Greg - Jan '08
‘We’ve had a fantastic week. Location and house superb. Accommodation first class. Weather brilliant, 21-25ºC. Excellent restaurants’ -Sandra, Geoff and Laura - Mar '08
‘Fantastic house with stunning views. The steps are a fitness fanatics dream. Eaten well, drunk very well and developed a penchant for honey rum. House very well equipped and beach toys excellent. Saw the dolphins at play on our ferry trip - brilliant. We will return. ’ -Sue, Jean, Jane and Carol - Sept '08
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Big family get away
Stayed for a week in this lovely house with my family of 7 (2 adults, 2 teens and 3 younger kids), my parents were in the separate apartment. Both properties were very clean on arrival, very spacious and well equipped. The views from the terrace were absolutely beautiful, the highlight of most days was sitting there watching the lights of the village twinkle away. There are a lot of steps to get to it but everyone in our party managed them a few times a day. One tip from us would be just once go past the house to the viewpoint (mirador) further up you wont be disappointed. Nina was very helpful and quick to respond to emails. Hope to book again in the future.
As two single girls on the run from Christmas in the UK - this prove to be a little piece of heaven! Well equipped apartment with all you could require to cook up a storm in the kitchen, lots of soft fluffy towels - and a fabulous power shower. We knew the sleeping arrangements were a bunk and double so shouldn't complain about that - but just thought maybe the bunks could be specially built to fit the room and provide bedding for 2 adults on lower level/one child on upper level - which would increase the marketing opportunities for this space? We would still rate this apartment as terrific value for money - as the views from the 3 balconies are absolutely out-of-this-world. The sun shone for 10 hours a day with temps of 25-30c each day...La Factoria and La Brushetta on beachfront are both great value - good food and service, the bars in the 'Bronx' are great fun and highly entertaining! Lots of Northern Europeans (Norwiegan/Swedish/Danish in the most part) so no tacky All day English breakfasts here. Harbour interesting if somewhat busy during day with all the day-trippers that arrive by boat every 30mins...lots to do in mountains...cycling etc. Loved it and want to book two weeks next Christmas as it looked like it would be fun at New Year too.
We loved our apartment the location could not have been better everything just on your door step. The roof terrace was our little oasis away from everything so pretty, only down side and by no means is it a reflection on the apartment was that directly opposite the apartment was being renovated so we had two days of constant drilling but that still didn't spoil it.
The apartment was well equipped and clean we had to contact the agent as the bulb blew in the bathroom and they came and replaced very quickly. If we went again which we probably will I would take some of my own towels as those provided were old an very thin.
However please try this apartment you won't be disappointed with it or Puerto de Mogan one of the nicest places we have been.
We loved La Cusina and Zona Verde restaurants but there are many yo choose from.
From the Owner
“This relatively small Gran Canarian provincial town/fishing village is reputed to have one of the best temperate climates in the whole World, yet is only a 4-5 hour flight from the UK. From our personal experiences it really is an all year round 'sunshine' holiday resort. This very spacious house is located in the 'village' and is, therefore mainly surrounded by local residents rather than a 'tourist' area. This may not to everyones's taste, however is perfect for some! The resort itself is family friendly ie.not rowdy! One of the property's main features is the view from the terraces. All have the 'wow' factor! Also, this is one of the few properties in the resort that can potentially cater for larger parties. We usually let it as two separate (and private) accommodations.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Deep sea fishing, scuba-diving and other water sports are catered for in our resort.
Mountain bike hire available.
A 5 minute walk to the south facing beach of golden sand imported from the Sahara.
A large swimming area protected by a rocky mole, makes it ideal for safe and easy swimming.
Beyond the bay area there is good snorkeling for the more adventurous.
The beach is cleaned daily, is 'child friendly', has it's own toilets with sunbeds & parasols for hire & excellent beach-side bars, cafes & restaurants.
Fishing permitted off the pier.
Pedalos, canoes and jet ski & banana boat rides for hire.
Ryanair, Jet2, Monarch & EasyJet fly to Gran Canaria at low cost. Gran Canaria's Las Palmas airport is @40 minute drive. Taxis cost @ €75 each way. Car hire starts @ €70-€100/wk. Parking: This closest parking to the house is on Explanada del Castillete (a pay and display area). Free parking is available on several streets located behind the main beach but not where there area blue or yellow painted kerb markings. A regular bus service is also available from the airport and around the island.
Puerto de Mogan is located on the south-west coast of the island. Mogan town is 10 minutes away by car. Buses, boats and taxis run to Puerto Rico and Arguineguin. The 'heady' nightlife' of Playa del Ingles is at 30 mins drive and nearer in Puerto Rico (15 mins drive or a boat-ride away). The island's capital city Las Palmas is @ 1hour by car and is great for shopping, museums, galleries with beach and promenade. There are ferries and flights to mainland Spain and the other Canary Islands.
Puerto de Mogan on the south-west coast of Gran Canaria is one of the most picturesque resorts on the island. According to some, it has the best climate in the world! The original fishing village of Playa de Mogán with its narrow passageways and steps is a jumble of whitewashed houses and apartments clinging to the cliff. If you listen carefully, canaries really do sing in Las Conchas! Climb the steps through the old village upto the Mirador (viewing point) that offers panoramic views of the resort, well worth the effort! The marina area, known as the ‘Venice of the Canaries’ or ‘Little Venice’ is a charming new apartment development yet feels like stepping back in time. The port/harbour is visible from our property with boats to see and hire. The roof terraces of 'Little Venice' are bursting with bougainvillea and other gloriously colourful plants. The gardens of banana and papaya trees, palms and bird-of-paradise plants are a real pleasure and you can relax and watch all of this from your private terrace at 28 Las Conchas. A promenade links the beach to the newer developments behind that stretch back up the valley taking in a shopping centre, new hotel, local garden centre with walks that extend into the valley, offering great views up the valley or over the beach to the sea, cliffs and marina.
Puerto de Mogan is packed with excellent restaurants serving fresh fish landed at the local fishing harbour and with other ‘Canarian’ and international specialities, there really is something to suit everyone’s palette.
There are several banks, supermarkets, hair salons, shops selling clothes, souvenirs, jewellery, beach goods and even a DVD hire shop.
If you need to send an email or surf the web, there are several places where you can get connected.
Inland from Mogan you can visit the picturesque mountain area of San Bartolome de Tirajana with its forests. There are plenty of walks with guided tours. However, there are plenty of opportunities to 'walk' locally.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 May 2016 - 17 Nov 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book 28 Las Conchas, we normally require an initial 50% deposit (25% if more than 6 months in advance). The remaining balance will be due no later than one month before guests' arrival in Gran Canaria. Prices are fully displayed on our own website 28lasconchas.co.uk or call us. Quoted prices are all-inclusive and not per person. However, please note that we add £50 per week extra during school holiday periods and a special rate over the Christmas/New Year break; see 'Availability' page.
Changeover days usually fall on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday or Wednesday. We need to know what time your flight arrives/departs and can be flexible, bearing in mind the previous occupants' leaving time and to be able to get the cleaners in/out.
Notes on prices:
Please visit our own website 28lasconchas.co.uk for full pricing information.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“In the winter months the sun shines daily with temperatures typically ranging from 20 to 30 Celsius in the daytime. In the summer it is hotter but usually less so than the 'Med'. As the accommodation is sheltered on the east side, it feels cooler inside on hot days which is nice and wind-protected on the odd 'windy'day. Located in the original fishing village, our neighbours are mainly locals. It, therefore, has a nice 'Spanish' feel to it. There are local laws preventing high levels of noise between 9.00pm and 9.00am so one can generally relax in peace and quiet and get a good nights sleep. Please respect these laws when visiting our house.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Main house has a family bathroom with bath/integrated shower, WC and sink. Master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with spacious shower, sink & WC. Apartment has its own well equipped bathroom. There is also a WC servicing the main terrace living area.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: 2 double beds + 2 day beds/ 1 double + 2 bunk beds Notes on bedrooms: 2 x large air-conditioned bedrooms (in lower/main house) furnished with king sized double beds and a further two single beds + a cot in hallway (see photos) Self-contained apartment has a kingsize double bed in one bedroom and 2 x bunk beds in the other.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Life focuses around the spacious main terrace area. Here you can dine 'al fresco' yet under cover from the elements, usually a hot sun. There is a fantastic ocean and marina view. Watch the boats come and go into the harbour (binoculars are provided). There are sun loungers for those looking for a tan and due to the south facing location you can enjoy the sun from breakfast time to early evening. A remote control ceiling fan helps keep things cool on really hot days. From the main terrace it is only a few steps to a toilet/second (drinks) fridge, main kitchen and air-conditioned lounge.There is also a stairway to access the linked apartment. If the main house and apartment are booked separately they can be cordoned off securely, i.e. lockable gate. The location of the property provides elevated views of the marina, ocean, 'Little Venice' and fishing port below. It offers very competitively priced accommodation suitable for either larger family groups or couples. Outside: The main terrace is the focal point of the house and is partly covered by a wooden/tiled roof to ensure there is a cool area on hot days, which is the norm! There is a table seating for up to 8 people. There are sun-loungers and, due to it's ideal south-facing position you can enjoy the sun from breakfast time to early evening. A remote controlled ceiling fan helps keep things cool on very hot days. The apartment has it's own private outside partly shaded terraced area with superb ocean views. There are two extra upper terraces offering additional areas for extreme ‘sun-worshipers’. Although there is no garden, we do have a nice collection of cactii. Utility Room: This area is used mainly to store clean laundry and generally only accessible to the cleaners. The main house has it's own washing machine for our guest's to use located in the toilet off the main terrace. There is also a second 'drinks' fridge therein. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property will be cleaned for your arrival and after departure. Spare bedding and towels available. Should you like maid service during your stay, this needs to be pre-arranged and paid for as an extra cost. Cleaning equipment is available for your use. Other: First floor terrace is the focal point of the main house. Partly covered by wooden/tiled roof with ceiling fan. Spare drinks fridge in utility room. Apartment has it's own private terrace with small veranda for shade + two more sun terraces at the back.