Gite in Levignac De Guyenne, Nr. Duras, Lot et Garonne - Hill Top Location Overlooking Historic Village of Levignac De Guyenne
The gite at Lamourache Nord is situated in South West France about two hours south of Bordeaux and forty minutes from Bergerac. The area is mainly rural, famous for its vineyards,prune orchards,full bodied rich wines, historic medieval chateaux and villages, superb views and very friendly people. The hamlet of Lamourache consists of only four properties approached via a small rural lane. Guests can enjoy magnificent uninterrupted, panoramic views over the village of Levignac,the chateau at Duras and beyond. Our guests often comment on the magnificent situation of and the splendid views from the pool area. The grounds consist of lawns, meadow land, trees and lakes, and surrounded by, vineyards, orchards and sunflower fields. Because of the situation of the property, whatever the time of day, guests may sunbathe or find the shade as they wish. Sunsets are beautiful over Lamourache Nord and often the local balloons can be seen gliding into the crimson setting sun.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The Atlantic coast is about one and a half hours away by car. The beach at
Arcachon is safe, sandy very pretty. Arcachon also boasts many fine seafood restaurants where you can sample the locally caught oysters and other shell fish.
The Dunes at Pilat are close to Arcachon where "Stars Wars" was made. Further down the coast is the Flying boat museum at Biscarrosse.
Bergerac Airport is approximately 45 minutes away by car.Ryanair and Flybee fly into Bergerac from most areas of the UK. Bordeaux airport is approximately 1.5 hours drive from Levignac. The drive from the French ferry ports takes between 7-9 hours. It is recommended that guests hire a car if travelling by air ,as Lamourache is in a rural area and although the village is within walking distance, other shops and amenities require transport.
Levignac village is about 1 kilometre by foot. The Chateau town of Duras is about 5 k away, with Marmande about 10k.
Lamourache Nord is surrounded by many historic chateau and medieval towns and villages to explore and perhaps partake of the local grape. Tours of local vinyards can be arranged by the owners of Lamourache. Nearby Atlantic beaches are safe and sandy with activities for childrean and many superb seafood restaurants. The massive dunes at Pilat where star wars was filmed are particularly worth a visit. Other activities in the local area include golf, canoeing, horse riding, fishing, karting and light aircraft pleasure flights. There is a great theme park for the young (and not so young) Walibi about an hours drive away. There are tennis courts and boules in Levignac.
For chocolate lovers there is a prune farm in Duras where homemade prune and chocolate products can be purchased at very reasonable prices. Chocolate saucisson is a must!
During the summer months there are many activities including Farmers markets both during the day at at night. Night markets not only sell local produce but are also an opportunity for all; the villagers to get together, eat local produce cooked on site, drink the local wines purchased from the market vendors and enjoy musical entertainment throughout the evening. There are many fetes and wine fairs which are great opportunities to eat drink dance and soak the unique atmosphere and french hospitality. Further afield there are the medieval villages of Sarlat and Monflanquin which are well worth a visit Montcaret is the home of a ruined roman villa with unusual mosaic floors dating form around 300AD.
During the summer months the villages in Aquitaine are visited by a troupe of medieval players who arrange jousting contests, street fairs, falconry displays and other such pursuits. They visit Duras in August each year. There is also a battle reenactment at Castillion de Bataille each summer (the last of 100 year war)
There is something for everyone at Lamourache Nord from the very energetic to lazing around and doing absolutely nothing.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Please check the availability calendar on this site or by e mail or telephone, if the dates you require are available. When a provisional booking is made, we shall send you a booking form and all necessary details about paying the deposit and final balances. We would normally hold the dates for you for a period of up to seven days to allow the deposit to be paid. Bookings will only be confirmed on receipt of the relevant deposit.
Changeover day is normally Saturdays. The gite will be available for new guests from 4 pm on the Saturday of arrival. The gite should be vacated by 10am on the Saturday of departure. There can only be variations following prior arrangement with the owner.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Discounts available for lets in excess of two weeks. 15% DISCOUNT OFFERED FOR BOOKINGS MADE IN MONTH OF MAY 2015, FOR JULY AND AUGUST
Payment is made by Bank Transfer
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom has twin wash basins,w.c. and shower cubicle.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms are comfortably furnished and are carpeted throughout Bedroom 1 - Double bed - view over pool area and Duras Chateau. Bedroom 2 -2Single beds,- view over front meadows. Bedroom 3 - 2 Single beds ( can convert to a double bed)
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The gite is suitable for children but not, at the moment ,for disabled guests. Outside: The gite is approached from a quiet lane via its own drive. Outside is a private terrace with shrubbery, barbeque, garden furniture and beautiful views. The meadow to the front of the property is for sole use of guests. The superb pool area is fully enclosed as is the law in France,surrounded by lawns and flowers. Walnuts trees provide shade for those guests wishing to shelter from the summer sun. For others there are sun loungers on which to laze the balmy days away, enjoying the superb views.Levignac has a bar,small supermarket, baker, tabac, post office and doctors. The centre of the village has a covered halle where summer night markets and other events are held. Major shopping can be done in Marmande about 20 minutes away by car, or Duras 10 mi The owners live adjacent to the gite,and may be asked to book restaurants, wine tours and other attractions.There is a new family run restaurant with an aviation theme,and superb outside dining terrace 5 minutes walk away. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The gite is thoroughly cleaned between each let. Bathroom and kitchen linens are provided. Bed linen is also provided.Linens for long lets can be changed on Saturdays on request. Other: Book cases in the lounge area hold many books and games for the use of guests.