Cottages in Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria, England, UK - Cottages on a peaceful country estate on the edge of The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales
In the words of John Ruskin, here are 'moorland, sweet river and English forest at their best'. The Underley Estate is set within the beautiful Lune Valley on the edge of The Lake District and The Yorkshire Dales. Our cottages are individually furnished to the highest standard, combining modern living with the tranquillity of the rolling countryside, grass fields and mature trees. Sleeping from 8 to 16 people, these three properties are ideally situated for a weekend away with the family to explore an area steeped in history and rich in natural beauty.
Details for holiday Underley Grange (Sleeps 16, 9 Bedrooms), 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, 8 Bathrooms, 1 Separate WC
This Grade II listed country house has a wonderful family feel about it.
It is elegantly furnished with furniture in keeping with the house.
Three spacious sitting rooms, each with its own roaring open fire, provide ample space to sit back and relax.
The dining room, with its wrought iron candlesticks and mahogany dining table, gives a feeling of a bygone age.
The kitchen features a 4 oven Aga, as well as a gas hob & electric oven. There are also 2 tall fridges, dishwasher, microwave etc.
There is a secondary 'pantry' with 2nd dishwasher, glasswasher and ice maker.
Upstairs there are 2 double bedrooms en-suite, 2 twin bedrooms en-suite, 2 twins and 2 singles sharing 3 bathrooms.
There is also a downstairs twin room with en-suite shower.
The house also features a games room, with full size snooker table and darts board, as well as a conference room.
The enclosed gardens stretch for acres, and include an outdoor heated pool, and a hot tub spa.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Morecambe Bay is approximately half an hour's drive away.
Road - M6 J36 10-15 minutes drive
Rail - Oxenholme Station (Main West Coast Line) 15 minutes drive, Clapham Station (East Coast Line) 15 minutes drive
Airport - Manchester and Liverpool both approximately an hour and a quarter drive.
Kirkby Lonsdale is 2-3 miles away, and offers a number of very good pubs and restaurants, as well as a superb supermarket.
Kendal is only 20 minutes drive, and a little further afield are Lancaster, Morecambe, Windemere, Bowness and Ambleside - between half an hour and 40 minutes drive
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please check for availability. Once you have made your booking we will hold the property for a few days until the booking is confirmed by payment of deposit. Please view our website for full booking information.
Bookings are generally from Friday to Friday, though exceptions can be made, though for weekend bookings Sunday and Monday are also available. The cottages are available to guests from 3pm onwards
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
- Available arrival
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: All our cottages welcome children of all ages, and we can provide cots and highchairs on request. Smoking is allowed in all our properties excluding Deansbiggin Barn. Dogs are welcome in all of our properties, and there is an extra charge of £20 per dog. The price quoted for each property is all inclusive, including electric, central heating, fuel for the fires, gas etc. Outside: All our properties feature enclosed gardens and off road parking. There is garden furniture in each property, including tables, chairs and sun loungers.