Country House in St Christophe, Tarn, Midi-Pyrenees - Atop an airy highpoint between the two ancient Bastide towns Cordes and Najac
The qualities of this house are so diverse that it may suit pretty much anybody. The rooms are spacious, but retain a certain intimacy and the rustic originality blends perfectly with crisp modern furnishing, particularly in the bedrooms and bathrooms. Set in 3 acres of land with a variety of fruit trees, space is not an issue. The house maintains privacy without being too isolated, it's near quaint C13 villages and large towns like Albi, famous for not only its cuisine and many designer stores, but also the gallery of Toulouse-Lautrec and the Cathedral (the largest brick building in Europe!). If you enjoy culture as much as shopping, it's all within 45 mins. If you want relaxation, simply lounge by the pool or paint the views of forests and valleys. Those of a more active disposition can use the sporting facilities (football, rugby, weights, table tennis, trampoline, darts, bikes), walk/run through the countryside, go kayaking, golfing or skiing. Tennis courts are a 10 minute drive.
About the Owner
The Wilson family live in Chislehurst in kent.
Bournens is our holiday home we have owned it for 11 years and started renting it 5 years ago to help cover costs.
Our two sons Harry and Thomas are now 21 and 24.
Harry has graduated with an English Degree at Durham Uni and is now working in advertising and Tom has done his second year at Warwick, reading PPE. He will be studying at the Hong Kong University.
Michael works in Lloyds of London as a broker and Margaret is a housewife.
Bournens is a home away from home it has more to offer than most rentals with a personal touch. Everything is there to be used from a guitar to the playstation.
We have spent many summers and winters enjoying the house and the area and we are never short of things to do. You certainly don't need to take a bo
Guestbook comments from the manager
Please read the visitors book on arrival and please write in it yourself.
Otherwise I can out you in touch with previous rentals.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
For wine enthusiasts the vinyards of Gailliac are a 40 minute drive for wine tasting and shopping! The bastide towns of Cordes and Najac are about 30 minutes, Cordes being the best remaining example of gothic urban architecture in the world. Bruniquel is also home to a fantastic castle, whilst Monesties was voted one of the prettiest villages in France. The famous abbey of Conques is not far, nor is St. Antonin-Noble-Val, which hosts a lively Sunday morning market selling local fresh produce, with some wonderful street cafes. It is one of the oldest villages around and is also where Charlotte Gray was filmed! The city of Carcassonne and the Millau bridge, although a little further, are always worth a visit.
There are plenty of alternative sports centres and even a theme park within 40 minutes and you can also go kayaking on the Rivers Aveyron, Viaur or Tarn, which are all less than 45 minutes away.
Beaches around Narbonne are 2 hours away, whilst those on the Atlantic coast about 3 hours drive. Cannes took us 4 hours and Biarritz 3 and a half!
Rodez airport is an hours drive. Toulouse (Blagnac) Airport is and hour and 45 minutes drive. Car rental is recommended.
Laguepie 15 mins. Mirandol 15 mins. Carmaux 30 mins. Albi 45 mins. Cordes sur ceil 35 mins. St Antonin-Noble-Val 40 mins. Najac 30 mins. Gaillac 1 hour. Rodez 1 hour. Toulouse - 1 hour 45 mins.
In the villages of Laguepie and Mirandol you will find small local supermarkets, restaurant, bar, post office, bank, boulangerie, butcher, petrol station, doctors and tourist information. Larger supermarkets and shopping centres are found in Carmaux and Albi.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the rental price is payable on booking. The remaining 75% is payable 8 weeks before arrival, along with a £250 security deposit which will be returned 2 weeks after departure subject to loss/damage/condition of property.
Changeover days are entirely flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per week in UK pounds. Winter pricing includes logs for the wood-burning stove. There is a discount of 10% when 3 or less people rent. For single week rents in peak or for 7+ people, there is a charge of £150 to cover extra cleaning costs.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 newly fitted with panelled bath, shower and screen, washbasin set into a wooden unit, WC and part tiled walls. Bathroom 2 luxury spa-style jet shower, vanity unit washbasin and WC. Ground floor WC and separate tiled shower.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) + optional leather sofabed Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 (1st floor) double bed (next to bath 1). Bed 2 (2nd floor) double bed (next to bath 2). Bed 3 (2nd floor) double bed and sofa bed. Bed 4 (1st floor) 2 single beds. Bed 5 (1st floor) 2 single bed. All rooms with heaters and fans.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: A welcome pack of essential food and information is included, and the property is cleaned to a very high standard before and after your stay. The saline pool is equipped with an alarm for the safety of children especially, and all other users. The alarm complies with the standards required by French law. Outside: Outdoor table, chairs, parasol and barbecue in the part-covered courtyard. Seating, sun loungers and parasols by the 10m x 5m private swimming pool with a large range of pool toys. Trampoline, bikes, football goal, table tennis, rugby balls and tees, Darts, Bowls,fishing rod, binoculars, badminton net and rackets, tennis rackets for nearby courts (10 minute drive). Weights for training in the cave. Utility Room: Washing machine, freezer, ironing board, iron, airer and pegs for outside washing line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is supplied with all pool and house towels and linens necessary for your stay and is cleaned to a high standard before your arrival.