Villa near Kadikoy, Nr. Saklikent, Fethiye, Turkey - A Magnificent Setting Within Easy Reach Of Many Of The Main Places Of Interest To Visitors
Villa Katanna is a very spacious luxury villa. It is one of the largest villas on the small select site which has been recently completed. It is located on a hillside in a truly magnificent part of the Turkish countryside with beautiful views of the mountains and across the Xanthos Valley. There is gated access from the extensive terrace area to pool and gardens, providing security for younger children. All bedrooms have access to balconies. The private swimming pool is set in a large attractive garden with gazebo, shower, and barbecue. This is an opportunity to really get away from the hustle and bustle of life, unwind in a peaceful and scenic setting, but within easy reach of places of interest such as Saklikent Gorge, the Taurus Mountains, Patara Beach & historic sites like Tlos. Or you can just explore the beautiful countryside, try the various excellent eating places and make contact with local people who are friendly & helpful.The garden provides bathing and relaxing in privacy.
About the Owner
We have owned two villas on this site since 2005 which we use for ourselves and our families and have spent several months each year here since taking early retirement, making it a much loved second home. The villa and the area are so attractive that we thought other people would love to share this idyllic place and have therefore set it up to rent for holidaying. We are ex professionals (Architect and University Tutor) with three grown-up children and six grandchildren. Our oldest daughter is also a teacher and has worked abroad for many years so holidaying with us here in Kadikoy has meant we have been able to share very important time with all the members of our family.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a great time, and would love to come back again. Of the three places we`ve been out of Turkey, Spain and Portugal - this was the favourite holiday.
We spent most of the time around the pool relaxing (due to my 6 year old sons wishes) which was beautiful, the views are simply amazing. However, we did manage to take a long winding walk from the villa up the hill/mountain, we ended up being invited by locals for some fresh cows milk and to sample fruits from their various trees. This was lovely.
The villa exceeded all our expectations. Your site manager was extremely helpful and friendly. The pool was great and the views from the balconies. I would not hesitate to recommend your villa to any of my family and friends. Thank you.
From the Owner
“We chose to buy in this area as we fell in love with the breathtaking scenery and the fact that it is in a truly Turkish environment. The village is a real working village as is the nearest town, Kemer. The local people are genuinely pleased to see you and often invite you in for a cup of tea. However, the villas are within only 15 minutes of the ancient city of Tlos, of Saklikent Gorge and its water restaurants, of excellent eating at the hill top restaurant in Kemer and of the trout farm restaurants in the Yakapark where you sit surrounded by trees and cascading melt water in the heat of the day. Fethiye is 40/45 mins, where you can hire boats/scuba/snorkel and shop as well as eat at a wide range of restaurants and hotels. Patara beach, said to be the finest in the Aegean, is 45 mins.”
Activity and Interests
Patara Beach is 45 min drive and is said to be the most magnificent beach in the Aegean. It is on a protected site. Fethiye provides sailing and a boat can be hired for the day including equipment for snorkeling and fishing and a three course midday meal. Scuba diving can also be booked. Olu Deniz is also 45 mins drive. It is a busier beach, providing a sheltered cove for safe bathing and boating activities.
Dalaman Airport is 70 mins. away. Antalya Airport is 180 minutes away. It is advised that you hire a car, to make the most of your stay and be able to visit places of interest, the villa being located in the countryside.
Kadikoy village 5 mins. Kemer town 15 mins. Fethiye town 45 mins. Tlos ancient site 15 mins. Saklkent Gorge 15 mins. Patara Beach 45 mins. Kalkan town 60 mins.
You can walk out directly from the villa onto the various tracks and footpaths around the valley and into the protected woodland above the site. In Kadikoy the shopkeepers are helpful, welcoming and will deliver provisions if asked and the local town, Kemer (15 minute drive), has small supermarket type shops and two restaurants, one overlooking the river and the other high up at the top of the town with fantastic views. The carpet factory showroom in the village is well worth a visit, demonstrating traditional carpet making and displaying breathtaking examples of the craft. Ten minutes away, in the area of Tlos, are excellent restaurants & bars, including the Mountain Lodge which provides drinks, snacks & pre-booked evening meals in a relaxed atmosphere around their pool, set in beautiful gardens. Beyond Tlos is the famous Yaka Park where trout are farmed & food is served in delightfully shaded settings surrounded by cool running water - ideal in the middle of a hot day! The remains of the ancient city of Tlos can be seen from the villa. This was one of the principal settlements during the Lycian era, dating back to 2000BC. The Greeks, Romans and Ottomans have all occupied the site & there are extensive remains of the acropolis, theatre, agora, tombs, stadium etc. Between Kadikoy & Saklikent Gorge are numerous wayside places where you can eat in the traditional Turkish manner at very reasonable prices. Saklikent Gorge is very impressive, reputed to be the second longest in Europe, of which 4km is walkable. Go prepared to get damp as you wade through the icy melt waters. Afterwards recover with a meal on one of the eating platforms suspended over the river. This area also offers river rafting, mud bathing & tree houses in which you can arrange overnight stays. Our Manager can help you to make bookings for particular activities, such as paragliding. In Fethiye, boat trips, scuba diving, shops and restaurants are on offer.There are markets in Kadikoy, Kemer & Fethiye
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non refundable deposit of 20% is to be paid on booking. The balance required 9 weeks before the start of the holiday together with a £150 breakage deposit which is returnable within 2 weeks after the end of the holiday, providing there is no damage.
This is negotiable.
Notes on prices:
All prices are per a week in UK pounds and exclude electricity. Meter readings are taken on arrival and departure and the number the number of units used charged at current local prices. Typically this is about £35/week but very dependent on the amount of use of air conditioning.
7th & 8th persons at additional cost of £30/person/week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Villa is one of the largest on this small select site and has a lovely well-stocked garden, (there seem to be peaches available throughout the summer) with a good sized private swimming pool, and a panoramic view of the Xanthos valley and the mountains. This is a place to relax, read, walk, visit ancient sites, while within 45 minutes you have beaches, sailing, rafting, paragliding and shopping. We are told there is horse riding and mountain climbing in the locality (which we haven't tried!)”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain climbing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower over bath, wc, wash basin. Bathroom with shower over bath, wc, wash basin. Bathroom with wc, wash basin (ground floor).
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite. Bedrooms 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds. 2 Convertible sofa beds in downstairs sitting room.
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is managed by an English, Turkish, Dutch and German Manager, based on the site. He is on call 24 hours a day should you need assistance. He will introduce you to the villa and provide information and advice on places to visit and to eat. If required he can supply initial provisions. He can also arrange additional activities and trips. The terrace gives shade throughout the day and with gated balustrades provides a safe environment for smaller children. A cot is provided if required which can be positioned in any room. The ground floor interior is light and airy. Air conditioning is provided in all bedrooms and downstairs. A fireplace in the dining room provides a nice focus for the cooler evenings in Spring and Autumn, logs are provided on request. The villa has Wifi internet connection. Outside: The terracing is accessed from the dining room and kitchen. Here you can relax and enjoy the views, catching the cooling summer breezes and take in the beautiful sunsets. The garden is attractively planted with a variety of fruit trees, plants and flowers. The swimming pool ( approximately 8 x 4 x 1.5m single depth) is surrounded by extensive travertine marble paving. There is a timber gazebo planted with bougainvilleas and a barbecue. Sun loungers, parasols, chairs and tables are provided for the garden and poolside. If you visit during the cooler months the rental is reduced as the pool will not be set up, but it can be made available for an additional fee. Guests who have stayed with us have commented on the privacy of the location and we continue to upgrade the grounds in this respect, which may be of particular interest to families requiring a higher degree of privacy. Utility Room: This is located below the stairs and includes a washing machine, ironing board and iron, cleaning equipment tools and materials, safe and coat hooks. Cleaning / Towels / Linen: Towels (for indoor use) and linen are provided. Towels for the pool and beach to be provided by renters. Other: Generous Kitchen/Dining Room with fireplace for the colder months.