Cottage in Millbeck, Nr. Keswick, Lake District, England - Peaceful Location with Direct Access to Fells, 2 Miles from Keswick
The cottage is ideally situated up a private drive nestling at the foot of Skiddaw with the mill stream running next to the grounds. There is ample off road parking at the front and at the rear a sheltered private garden. The cottage is furnished and equipped to a high standard ('Visit Britain' 4* rating). There is a spacious entrance hall leading into the large living/dining room and fully fitted kitchen. Upstairs one double bedroom has recently fitted en-suite shower room and the other has king size bed with an extra single bed. There is a third twin bedroom and family bathroom. There are footpaths adjoining the grounds including the path up Skiddaw so the cottage is perfect for fell walking without the need to drive anywhere or just for relaxing and enjoying the stunning scenery. Only 2 miles away is Keswick with restaurants, shops, Theatre by the Lake and other facilities. The cottage is also ideal for exploring the Lake District and is close to many well known places.
Top Traveller Review
Cosy little cottage.
About the Owner
I am a solicitor in private practice living in Hertfordshire. I first began letting a holiday home in the Lake District in 2000.
Armed with that experience, I set about achieving a similar four star standard in Italy. It was important to make sure there were new, comfortable beds and a well-equipped kitchen such as we would want for ourselves.
I am interested in old properties and enjoy travelling within Europe. It is always a pleasure to arrive at Naples Airport and drive down to Laureana. In the summer there may be people enjoying live music in the little piazza.
Outside the summer months the area has a character of its own. I have swum in the sea in October. In winter I can enjoy a meal in front of an open fire in a local pizzeria, or see the sights when they are quiet.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Happy stay in a lovely cottage, very comfortable, peaceful location, need to return to explore more.
1 holidaymaker review
Cosy little cottage.
A very cosy, clean cottage. Very well equipped kitchen with everything you need. The beds were comfortable. A very pleasant owner to deal with. We would definitely recommend this property.
Activity and Interests
Keswick and Derwentwater 2 miles away. The property is in the heart of the Lake District National Park and also close to Bassenthwaite.
Keswick 2 miles away. Numerous scenic places to visit nearby within the Lake District National Park.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable 25% deposit is payable at the time of booking and the balance is required to be paid 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. Payment can be by cheque or bank transfer.
Saturday changeover day. Arrival after 4.00pm and departure by 10.00am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK sterling.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath/shower over, wc and basin. En-suite with shower, wc and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, fitted wardrobe, chest of drawers and en-suite shower room. Bedroom 2 with king size bed, fitted wardrobe, chest of drawers and single bed. Bedroom 3 with twin 3" pine beds, hanging rail and cabinets.
- Notes on accommodation: The heating is a combination of electric storage heaters, an easy to use 9KW multi-fuel stove that heats the sitting room and radiators in the kitchen and upstairs, and electric wall heaters. The mill stream runs past the property and can be heard at night in the front bedroom. It is fenced off. Outside: The cottage stands at the end of a private drive running past the gardens of the Towers, a holiday-letting property belonging to the National Trust. From there a five-bar gate gives direct access to the fells. There is parking for up to four cars. At the rear there is a small, enclosed private garden with a patio, a bench, table and chairs, and an outhouse. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and tea towels included and property is cleaned before and after stay. Bathrooms towels can be supplied at extra cost.