Apartment in Siolim, Goa, India - Set in a Peaceful Location Within Easy Reach of Siolim Village
The apartment is perfect for nature lovers and for those seeking a relaxing holiday in luxurious tropical surroundings. Wake up to the sounds of birds singing then enjoy breakfast on your choice of two balconies, one with uninterrupted views of the palm groves, the other overlooks the complex and shared swimming pool. Directly above the apartment is a private sun deck for the exclusive use of the apartment guests where the views by day or night get even better.
Local shops and facilities are situated a short walk down the hill in the villiage of Siolim itself. The beautiful and unspoilt beaches of Anjuna, Vagator, Morjim and Ashwem are approximately 10 minutes taxi ride away whilst the busier resorts of Baga and Calangute are approximately 15 minutes away. The ludicrously cheap prices of local taxis means that you can easily travel to the busier resorts when you wish to. Should you choose to hire a car or motorcycle, the apartment has its own private, covered, secure parking space.
About the Owner
We are Andy and Anita. We first came to Goa for an eight day period of relaxation following a trip around India including Mumbai, New Delhi, Taj Mahal and the Gujerat. We truly enjoyed the chance to relax in this amazing place. In fact we enjoyed it so much, we decided to buy our very own place. We had a week in Europe earlier this year but have now been spoiled by Goa and cant wait to be back there.
Guestbook comments from the owner
1)Dear Anita and Andy,
Just a note to thank you for the two weeks in your apartment which is 'top notch', views to die for. Peter, your agent was fantastic throughout the stay from the Airport pick up through to showing us how everything worked and providing us with lots of useful information and our very own taxi driver. We had a great stay and for once, came home with money in our pockets as well. thanks again, Joanne and Stuart ( February 2009).
2. Fantastic place. Peace and tranquility yet not too isolated. S and N (Jan 2011)
3. Beautiful apartment in a lovely, friendly complex close to a very interesting, hospitable Indian village. I made some friends in the area. I ate well, used the gym and pool, and did not do much exploring simply because I enjoyed Siolim so much.I really hope to return in due course. Thanks for making me welcome there, and fixing everything with such speed and care. I hope you will allow me to hire the place again (Andy- March 2013)
From the Owner
“Everybody says that location is important and we think we struck gold with our choice. We don't like to be woken by car horns and traffic noise. We wouldn't want to stay in the centre of a bustling resort in Goa, and with Villa Maria, there is no need to. We have a beautiful place in natural unspoilt surroundings yet we are a short and inexpensive taxi ride from as much (or as little) activity as we want !. Do you sound like us ? Good - you will love it !!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The apartment would particularly suit persons with an interest in wild life and bird watching. It is possible to hear and sometimes see monkeys in the forest/jungle area viewed from the balcony. Dolphin trips are offered in Goa where refund will be given if no dolphins are seen. You can also go crocodile hunting in the rivers and backwaters.
The beautiful and unspoilt beaches of Anjuna, Vagator, Morjim and Ashwem are approximately 10 minutes taxi ride away whilst the busier resorts of Baga and Calangute are approximately 15 minutes away. The ludicrously cheap prices of local taxis means that you can easily travel to the busier resorts when you wish to. We can assist by providing details of taxi drivers who have proven to be reliable in the past.
Goa has its own international airport which is Dabolim. Qatar fly scheduled services to Dabolim from the UK or there are other charter options. Alternatively, you can fly to Mumbai and take one of the many domestic flights that connect to Goa. Our representative will be pleased to meet you at Dabolim Airport and take you to the apartment (approximately 1,000 rupees/around £13). The journey takes around 1 hour and 15 minutes which gives you an idea of how cheap taxis are.
Local shops and facilities are situated a short walk down the hill in the village of Siolim itself where most everyday provisions can be purchased. It is generally not expensive to eat out in Goa. The nearest restaurants and bars on the tourist trail can be found on the roads to Anjuna and Vagator (5 to 10 minutes by car/taxi) although there are local bars and in the village. Our local representative speaks excellent English and will be pleased to provide you with more information on arrival.
A post office, money exchange office and internet cafe are situated a five minute walk away in the village of Siolim where you can also buy food and local provisions. Siolim has a real local feel to it. Its location set back away from the beach means that it remains unspoilt by tourism (don't just take our word for it, travel guides such as 'Lonely Planet' will tell you the same). The area is home to many lovely Portuguese colonial houses which reflect the unique history of Goa. The apartment itself is an ideal base for exploring the northern resorts. The unspoilt Chapora River is situated in Siolim. Overnight river cruises take you right into the heart of the real Goa. The market town of Mapusa is situated about 10 minutes drive away and has a busy local market every Friday. Other markets take place in Anjuna and Arpora every Saturday. The Anjuna market is particularly famous for Kashmiri spices and souvenirs. The beautiful beaches of Ashwem, Morjim and Vagator are more accessible from Siolim than from the more commercial resorts of Baga and Calangute. The great thing about Goa though is that you can holiday like a king without paying a kings ransom due to the favourable exchange rate of the Rupee against Pound Sterling. Please feel free to contact either Andy or Anita via details shown if you require any other information in relation to the apartment, Siolim or Goa itself.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
17 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
The complex is maintained and managed to a high standards for the benefit of all. Please note that the pool and gardens are for the use of residents and persons declared on the booking agreement. Friends staying elsewhere may visit but must not be invited to use the facilities.
Change over dates are normally flexible but may vary in accordance with the availability of the apartment.
Please ensure that you have adequate holiday / travel insurance in place as cancellations requested by the customer cannot be refunded
50% of the total is payable within 24 hours of the time of booking with the balance being due not less than 6 weeks prior to commencement of stay. For last minute bookings ( less than 6 weeks notice) full payment is due within 24 hours of reservation.
Payments within the UK can be made by cheque/bankersdraft.
Paypal accepted for worldwide payments.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our hillside apartment is a haven of peace and tranquility yet is just a few minutes walk from local amenities including money exchange, internet cafe and shops in the village of Siolim itself. The apartment is within easy reach of the quiet northern beaches but the busier resorts of Baga, Calangute and Candolim are relatively short distance away by car/motorcycle.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
Sports & Adventure Activities
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The apartment has two bathrooms, both have flush toilet with bidet shower spray, sink and walk in double shower area with overhead and wall showers. One bathroom is en-suite to bedroom 1. The apartment benefits from solar powered hot water.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 overlooks the palm groves and has a double bed with matching wardrobe and drawers. Bedroom 2 overlooks the pool and complex and has with twin beds with matching wardrobes. Both bedrooms have remote control air-conditioning and ceiling fans.
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment has vaulted ceilings, remote control air-conditioning and ceiling fans. Outside: The complex is set in its own private gardens and grounds with 24 hour security. it has a large swimming pool with water fountain which is for the use of residents. There is also a well equipped gymnasium. All apartments are privately owned. The complex is not a hotel nor a resort so your enjoyment will not be effected by walk in guests or busy resort type activity. Utility Room: Other equipment includes iron and Ironing board. A warm air tumble drier is located in the gymnasium area if required. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The apartment will be cleaned and serviced by the maid prior to your arrival and every seven days thereafter. Additional cleaning can be arranged locally for a small charge by our representative during your stay if required. Other: A private sun/roof terrace excusively for the use of guests staying in this apartment is situated above which affords spectacular views by day and night. the perfect secluded place for private sunbathing by day and star gazing by night.