Villa Near Grasse, Cote D'Azur, France - Private Swimming Pool, Tennis Court and Short Walk to Centre of Grasse
Our peaceful and very private villa, is the perfect destination for a relaxing holiday, local tourism or outdoor sports. It is within walking distance of the perfume capital, Grasse, and only 45 minutes from Nice airport, or an easy drive to many beautiful hilltop villages and the coast.
There's a swimming pool for the villa's sole use, and private hard tennis court. Also close by are six or seven exceptional golf courses, local hiking trails, and for a winter break it is just 45 minutes from the ski slopes.
It has a stunning position and boasts panoramic views from Nice to La Napoule. The property has enchanting gardens featuring woodland, open lawns and many beautiful Mediterranean plants.
The villa is styled to be fresh and modern while in keeping with Provence. There are a double and twin bedroom, a shower room and separate wc upstairs and a double bedroom opening on to the garden and shower room on the ground floor. The kitchen and living room are open plan with French doors opening on to the garden.
The patio is South facing, with soothing fountain, and is perfect for entertaining or barbecuing with family. The L-shaped pool is perfect for cooling off in mid-summer, or you might prefer to laze in a hammock in the shade of an ancient olive tree.
Top Traveller Review
A beautiful house and garden
About the Owner
Maggie Lockett studied Practical Horticulture, Plants and Plantsmanship and advanced Plants and Plantsmanship at the English Garden School (Chelsea Physic Garden), gaining a Diploma with Distinction in each. More recently, she has continued to study, including intensive plant tours to South Africa's Cape, China and Japan, in order to to generate a greater understanding of Mediterranean gardening. She has extensive plant knowledge and is available to offer advice on gardens and other botanical sites in the Riviera region. Examples of locations are: close to Menton - Hanbury Gardens at La Mortola, Serre de la Madonne, Clos du Peyronnet; medieval garden at St. Agnes; around Grasse - Plateau de Caussols, Jardin Noailles, and Villa Fort France; around Hyeres - Domaine de Rayol, and Edith Wharton's Garden
Guestbook comments from the manager
Please feel free to post the following comment on your site: " A really high quality villa in sumptuous surroundings with a fabulous view. Most of all, we were genuinely made to feel like guests of the owners, who could not have been more helpful". PT, London SW20.
'The autumn is beautiful here, with evenings still nice in September. We lunched outdoors every day, and the reduced traffic was a bonus after the summer rush.' JG Kingston, Surrey.
'We had a lovely private time together, and hardly wanted to leave the pool and garden, except for the early morning cycle rides into the hills. The website doesn't do the property justice - it's gorgeous!' MT, Scotland.
'We love the fresh, soft white towels and provencal style decor of the house, and the location is dreamy. There's so much to do, and then it's lovely to do nothing at all. Wish we could stay longer.' JG, Sheffield. UK.
1 holidaymaker review
A beautiful house and garden
We wanted a peaceful retreat for a week and La Mouissone totally fulfilled our needs. It is a beautifully presented, comfortable house in a glorious position. The immdediate and wider gardens are a delight as are the views. The view from the tennis court is stunning and the pool is nicely placed and refreshing.
From the Owner
“We were looking for a typically Provencal style of property, where we could express our own ideas and style. We discovered this property of about three hectares, which had half to two thirds cultivated and the rest wild. Later we became avidly interested in gardening and particularly Mediterranean climate plants and techniques; and so found we had made such a lucky choice in our French home. The grounds are very spacious, allowing plenty of privacy for both a main house and guest villa. It has a feeling of seclusion and yet is not too far from anywhere you'd want to visit. Clients often ask 'why don't you say how peaceful it is on the website?' - It's just difficult to say just how relaxing and peaceful it is!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The property has a beautiful tennis court, newly resurfaced in 2014, which is available for client's use.
The house and court combined would make a wonderful holiday for tennis enthusiasts, particularly in the more temperate months of spring and autumn. Ideally suited to two couples or a family with children. Tennis coach contacts available.
We are within half an hour's drive of six or seven golf courses. The villa makes an ideal autumn, winter and spring location for golfing couples. Golfing challenges all day and a cosy fire place in the evenings.
30 minutes to Cannes, 45 minutes to La Napoule: Theoule sur Mer. Fantastic beaches all along the coast, recommendations available.
Car hire is recommended - so many lovely places to visit. The villa is 45 minutes easy drive from Nice airport. 60/30 minutes from Nice/Cannes train stations. However, Grasse has an excellent rail link with parking to the coast stopping at all stations - Cannes, Juans les Pins and on to Monte Carlo.
15 minute walk to Grasse centre. Half a dozen charming villages within 20 minutes drive - Valbonne, Cabris, Bar sur Loup, Tourettes sur Loup.Nearest nice beach - 45 minutes. Airport - 45 minutes. Organised children's activities - woodland adventure site, Aquasplash, windsurfing lessons - within 45 mins drive.
Recently there has been an increase in good restaurants in the area - several new entries in Michelin Guide, as well as the more famous established ones.
Many hiking trails for country walks in beautiful hillsides and woodland. For example, Nietsche's Path from Gourdon to Bar sur Loup (2 1/2 hours). Walking guides and maps available.
Wonderful art galleries nearby - Fondation Maeght at St. Paul de Vence; Musée Fernand Léger in Biot; Musées Matisse and Chagall in Nice.
Interesting Mediterranean gardens on Cap Ferrat and Menton, also some very beautiful in Grasse to view in spring/early summer - lots of information available.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
High summer season
17 Jun 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£1,268|
Initial reservation by telephone or email. This will be held for 1 week pending receipt of a signed booking form and non refundable deposit. A non-refundable deposit of 25% is required on booking, with the full balance payment being required 8 weeks before the start of the rental.
Usual changeover day Saturday - exceptions only on request, and outside high season.
Departure 10.00 a.m. Arrival 16.00 - 19.00. Later arrivals unfortunately not usually possible.
Notes on prices:
Prices for the property are quoted per week in Euros.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It is always a delight to discover the pleasures of the area outside the high summer season. Spring has gorgeous warm weather - walking, swimming, playing tennis are all very enjoyable, if you can tear yourself away from admiring the gardens and wild flowers! The autumn is a great surprise with gardens still showing a floral displays up to the end of November. An lovely "Indian summer" allows one to lunch outdoors almost until winter. Many of our guests come in the off peak times to enjoy the hills, or just to relax with the odd game of tennis, and then enjoy dinner by an open fire in the evenings. The local villages are more charming than ever in spring and autumn, with a more relaxed feeling in the build-up to summer and a peaceful calm as the families go back to work and school.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Table Football
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- live theatre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 with high pressure shower, wash basin, and wc. Shower room 2 with double size high pressure shower and wash basin. Separate wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Double Bedrooms, 1 Twin Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and panoramic coastal view. Bedroom 2 with double bed, on ground floor, opening on to garden. Bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is a working olive farm with well maintained and beautiful gardens. Dry stone wall terraces and stone steps may be unsuitable for very young children or unsteady people. The day rooms are open plan. Bedrooms all supplied with ventilation fans. For the cooler seasons, the house has the benefit of central heating and an open log fire. In the winter,when more time is spent indoors, the villa is more suitable for four guests. Christmas can be very cosy. There are fewer tourists and it is an excellent time of year for food shopping, as it can only be done in France, with lots of advice and long chats with the producers in the markets. Boxing day lunch on the coast, then home to a brisk walk and supper by an open fire - lovely! We have been delighted to welcome more clients in May and October, when the weather is a little more risky, but mostly splendidly warm - into the 70°s (F) (upper 20°s C). This makes walking and touring around the area more agreeable and leisurely. Outside: The villa and its garden are set within in the property of a main house, and 7 acres of terrain including a combination of terraced olive grove and woodland. A private tennis court (hard court) is situated near the top of the property with full panoramic coastal view. Around the villa is a very spacious patio with fountain and a large lawn, surrounded by beds and shady olive trees where a snooze can be enjoyed in a hammock. Patio furniture includes dining table/chairs (for 6) and barbecue facilities. The heated pool is 8m x 4m, with a broad shallow entrance slope set at right angles. The pool is not fenced, but has an alarm. Each client is shown how to operate this and will be asked to sign a declaration to this effect. Cleaning / Towels / Linen : Linen and bath towels included. Baby accessories can be hired. Weekly cleaning. Extra clean can be arranged, and would be charged. Barbecue, fire-place serviced.