Villa in Perast, Bay of Kotor, Montenegro - Three Terraces, Outdoor Jacuzzi, Walled Garden with Orange Trees, 100m from Sea
We fell in love with 'Villa Anika' 10 years ago, when we first climbed the stone steps to the double doors set into the old stone wall, and walked through to find the secret garden courtyard within. We strove to meld the best of the old with the clean lines of a contemporary interior. We have kept the courtyard, with its orange trees, its banana tree, pink oleander and moss-covered walls. At the back of the house we rebuilt the terrace with its matchless views over the Bay and the roof-tops of Perast, and put in a pergola and grew Wisteria over it. Where there had been wasteland, we laid a sub-tropical garden, built a stone outhouse and put in a Jacuzzi. We often have friends and relatives to stay. We take them up to Dubrovnik, round the Bay to Kotor, to the sandy beaches on the Lustica peninsula half an hour away, or to the party town of Budva. Hiking in the mountains is but 15 minutes away. Rafting down the Tara, one of Europe's deepest canyons, less than 3 hours away.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Rafting on one of Europe's most dramatic canyons: 2.5 hours away.
Mountain hiking: 15 minutes.
Historic tours of Kotor, Dubrovnik: can be arranged in village.
Sailing trips: can be organised from Kotor.
Water-skiing: can be arranged in the village.
Boats and jet-skis: can be hired in the village.
100m to see, where you can swim from the quayside by the square.
500m to Borici (pebble/pontoon), good shade and swimming for kids.
500m to Pirat (pebble/pontoon), beach bar, swimming to islands.
5 mins by car to Drazin Vrt (pebble), restaurant, family beach
40 mins by car to Oblatno (sand), unspoilt, DJ, bar, restaurant, daybeds.
40 mins by car to Beli Horizont (sand), good for children.
Dubrovnik airport (Cilipi) is approximately 40 miles and one hour away by car and has by far the largest number of international connections and facilities such as car rental. Tivat airport in Montenegro is close (25 miles and 30 minutes by car) with connections to major EU capitals. Podgorica airport is 35 miles away. Car rental is recommended and can be arranged at all airports or separately.
20 mins by car to Kotor (old walled city).
90 mins by car to Dubrovnik (most famous old walled city on coast).
50 mins by car to Budva (walled city, party town).
60 mins by car to Sveti Stefan (island village, now a hotel).
5-50 mins by car to villages around Bay of Kotor.
Restaurants: Perast has several, most scenic are run by the Malinovic and Conte hotels, which both have seating by the sea and great views. Good pizza available at Milja's house. Conte has a great cafe in the square as well. Best food on this part of the coast (though pricey), also with a fantastic setting, found in Stara Mlini near Ljuta (15 mins by car).
Banking: cash machines in Kotor (20 mins by car).
Grocery shopping: Perast has grocery stores where you can get basics: milk, bread, drinking water. Small supermarket in Risan (5 mins by car), larger supermarkets in Kotor (20 mins by car).
Travel agencies: Hotel Conte organises trips to Dubrovnik, boat trips, rafting etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
May - June
20 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
July - August
1 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
To secure confirmation, a 25% deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival, together with a 10% refundable deposit against breakages/damage and we ask you only to receive the phone calls on our landline.
Flexible although Sunday preferred.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 3 stylish and modern bathrooms, 1 on each floor. Each with shower/bath, WC. High spec taps and fittings from London.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms on 1st and 2nd floors have panoramic views of the Bays. 2 bedrooms on each floor (1 double, 1 single). First and second floor single bedrooms have bunk bed. All have parquet flooring.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms have central heating. Bathrooms are also equipped heaters which makes the house ideal for both winter and summer rentals. The large open-plan living area opens onto three terraces, two of them shaded with large outdoor seating and dining facilities, making it ideally suited to family living. Property was renovated with children in mind (we have a 5 year old and a 9 year old), and is suitable for children of all ages. The house is equipped with its own water reservoir which ensures constant pressurized water at all times. Outside: You enter the house through a gate set in an old stone wall, entering the lower courtyard. This is walled and private, and shaded by half a dozen orange trees and other vegetation. It has an outdoor dining table and six chairs, built-in BBQ, outdoor lighting. The upper terrace has the best views of the house, a stunning panorama of sea, mountains and the red rooftops of old Perast. Shade is provided by a pergola over which we have grown Wisteria. There is another outdoor table and six chairs, two hanging basket chairs, and bench seating for a dozen more people. The private Jacuzzi is located on the lower terrace, and is surrounded by a sub-tropical garden containing many of the local flowers and palms. The outhouse is reached via the lower terrace. Utility Room: Large outhouse in a separate building under the terraces houses washing machine, ironing board and iron, hoover, shelves, storage for suitcases etc, Jacuzzi controls. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and bath towels included. Property cleaned and bedlinen and towels changed once a week (more frequent service can be arranged). Other: Outhouse with elliptical trainer and weights.