Lodge in West Huntspill, Nr. Burnham on Sea, Somerset, England - Great place for a quiet English break
Our 3 bedroom lodge is situated only 10 minutes from the M5 motorway – conveniently situated for both Bridgwater and Burnham on Sea, Somerset UK.
This room is mainly configured for a large family with children, but these rooms can also accommodate a group of six adults, although it's a tight fit!
We have ample on-site parking spaces for residents, along with a tennis court and sports area on the premises. Other facilities available within the main building are also available (including licensed bar, restaurant and wireless broadband access). Indoor swimming pool in main building; please enquirer at reception for opening times.
About the Owner
About David Cox
I am David Cox, owner of this property. I am local to this area and have been in the hotel and hospitality trade for more than 30 years.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Middlemoor Water Park (just over 5 miles away, in Woolavington) offers Wake boarding, water skiing, jet-skiing and inflatable fun rides. Also fun boat rides for the children.
While there is reasonably good public (bus) transport links in West Huntspill the use of a car is advisable due to this regions rural aspect. The area has several Taxi firms(please enquire on arrival) Nearest railway station is in Highbridge (2 miles away). Nearest Airport is Lulsgate near Bristol (around 22 miles away). There is also Exeter Airport (43 miles away) and Cardiff Airport (63 miles away).
Burnham-On-Sea 4 miles. Bridgewater 5.5 miles. Glastonbury 12 miles. Weston-Super-Mare 14 miles. Cheddar 14 miles. Taunton 17 miles. Wells 22 miles.Estuary only 1,000 metres.
Lodges located in village of West Huntspill. There are 3 restaurants and 2 inns. We are situated on the edge of Bridgwater Bay nature reserve. Coast only metres away from lodge!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Sunday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Payment: 50% to 25% of fee (non refundable) secures booking; balance paid 2 weeks prior to arrival. Please collect keys from reception. Hirers to provide £200.00 to cover breakages & extra cleaning; refundable within 14 days if no damage & is clean. Lodges available from 2pm on day of arrival. Guests requested to vacate rooms by 10am on departure for cleaning. Later departure by arrangement. Guests requested to leave lodges clean; additional cleaning charged at £10 per hour. Linen; sheets & towels £10 per bed.
Room hire is from Saturday to Saturday with room vacated by 10.00am. A later departure time is possible by arrangement.
20% to 50% of fee payable on booking room (non-refundable)
Remainder payable 2 weeks prior to arrival.
Additional £200 deposit (refundable) to cover breakages and extra cleaning if required. Dogs accommodated for additional fee of £20.00
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathrooms with shower and basin. WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: x 2 single beds. Bedroom 2: x 2 single beds. Bedroom 3: x 2 single beds. Please note lodge is configured for a large family with children; it can accommodate a party of 6 adults, but it's a bit of a squeeze! heating is an additional cost.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Well behaved dogs can be accommodated for an additional charge of £20. Oil central heating at additional cost. Bungalow aspect idea for families with children. Wifi access in lounge bar only. Shared indoor swimming pool in main building. Please enquirer at reception for opening times. Please leave lodges as clean as you find them; Any additional cleaning charged at £10 per hour. Sheets & Towels provided at cost of £10 per bed. Outside: Flat open countryside; River Huntspill only 50 yards away. Large conservatory. Outdoor seating areas. Lies within 15 acres of ground with several large open spaces within bounds and plenty of open areas and footpaths for walking. Perfect for walkers, no hills for 20 miles. On edge of wetland nature reserve. Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer in out-building. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Ideally provide all linen, but bedlinen and towels can be provided at a charge of £10 per double bed and £5 per single bed. Heating provided at additional cost. Wifi access in lounge bar only. Other: Oil heating provided at additional cost.