Villa in Los Cristianos, Tenerife, Canary Islands - 5 Minutes from Local Shops, 10 Minutes Walk to Beaches
For 3 bedroom villa for 4 to 6 adults is £1000 to £1200 and a 4 bedroom villa for 7 to 10 adults is £1400 The villa is built on 3 levels with a private pool. There are 4 large bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It also has a playroom, separate kitchen and a 7 man steam room on the lower level. Patio doors lead out from the lounge onto a terrace that overlooks the pool area and offers incredible views. The patio area has a BBQ and an 8 seater table making it ideal for alfresco dining. The villa benefits from English channels As the lower level of the property is self-sufficient, the villa provides the ideal opportunity for parties of guests who wish to holiday together but still maintain some degree of independence and privacy. One of the bedrooms is closed off when the property is rented as a 3 bedroom property. Vista Hermosa 7 sleeps up to 9 people.The villa has bed updated in late December 2013 and with new picture can be sent with enquiry before booking and have changed the cleaning company as we'll
Top Traveller Review
Nice and clean!
We hope to see you again soon.
Thanks again, Robert.
About the Owner
3.7 based on 24 holidaymaker reviews
This villa has so much potential, however being lied to really put a downer on our holiday, and there were so many niggly problems...
- Air Con - it does not work. I contacted the owner various times before travelling to ensure the air con worked as it was a major factor for us, was advised it was working. It doesn't, and clearly hasn't done for a long time. We travelled with 2 babies (3 months and 8 months) and our first night was sleepless due to the lack of air con, we phoned around at the crack of dawn to rent a unit, and Mr Cools came to our rescue (can't recommend them enough.) Ray came to open the downstairs bedroom as the air con does work in there, but the rest of the house was roasting
- Showers - Only the 1 in the main bathroom works and has no window or extractor fan
- Lights on sensors - you have to keep jumping out of the shower to get the light to come back on, and in the en suite the opposite problem of the light always coming on and lighting up the whole place
- Doors - they are all either hard to shut, or stay wide open, all very irritating with sleeping babies
- Fridges - these must have been switched on when we arrived as nothing was cold for the first day, would've been nice to have been told
- Bugs - all over the kitchen on arrival, bought disinfectant but couldn't get rid
- Baby items - promised 2 baby seats in car, 2 travel cots, 2 buggies and a high chair - got no baby seats in the car, no buggies,1 cot and 1 high chair
- No wifi or TV for the first 2 days - a big chunk on a 7 day holiday and would've helped with the sleepless first night
- Mosquito nets - all torn/broken so couldn't open windows
- The hill - its mammoth, known locally as cardiac hill, and its the route to absolutely everything, no shop other than at the bottom of approx. a mile long hill, and no bus but there are taxis, which we couldn't use due to buggies
- Outisde - the pool and patio area are really nice and spacious
- Size of the villa - very big and roomy
- Beds - very comfortable
I could've lived with the little problems, however the outright lie and clear disregard for the welfare of our babies has left a really sour taste, we had a 3 month old with severe heat rash I was close to calling a taxi for the hospital - holding him in front of a fan for over half an hour eventually cooled him. I contacted the owner on our first day to say we were not happy, no response, which I take as an admission of guilt
The Good the Bad the Ugly
Very nice and spacious villa to spend 2 weeks in! Didn't get under each other's space plenty of areas to relax both inside and outside. Lots of cupboard and storage place in the kitchen and bedrooms for clothes. 2 fridges and freezers which is comes in very handy and when lots of people staying together. Ray (the keeper or the house) arranged for him and his friend to pick all 10 of us up from the airport for a cost of £55 euro (considerably cheaper than the 3 taxis we'd have needed) Pool is a very decent size again more then enough space
Out of the 3 walk in showers, only one is decent. The sauna shower has no shower head, the shower in ensuite to downstairs bedroom trickles and is freezing! Tumble dryer don't work. Air con only works in 1 room in entire house. Fans are provided for bedrooms but these are very loud and unfortunately nowhere near as effective as air con! Whilst the pool was lovely almost all of our swimwear has had to be thrown away after all being stained by the water which we suspect is because the chlorine/chemical level is too high! Minor issues as well but all plastic sun loungers are broken and the cushioned circular lounger has nails poking up which were potentially dangerous if not noticed
THE UGLY *must read*
Unfortunately we was the victims of a robbery whilst we slept one evening in the Villa! It seems as though the intruders got in by simply prizing open the patio doors despite the fact they was locked. This is a common theme around the villa as all locks on doors inside were easily opened from the outside simply with a regular dinner knife.
Now whilst this is an event that could happen to anyone at anytime there was certain preventative measures that could have stopped this happening. There are several cameras situated around the villa including all entrances and an alarm system designed to alert you of any intrusions right? WRONG!! these were both switched off during our stay by the housekeeper Ray to 'prevent him being called out at all hours to turn alarm off' the intruders were brazen enough to go into nearly every bedroom whilst we slept even walking around a cot with a baby sleeping in just to get to an iPad and phone on bedside table! The bedroom doors are all very stiff and make a loud noise when opened normally unless manipulated in such a way that you'd only know by staying there. We ended the last week barricading and boobie trapping the doors to try to make us feel safe!
Only 4 out of 5 I'm afraid
Large villa at top of the hill, but taxi's a plenty for just €3.50 mean the hill isn't a problem. Mostly all perfectly fine but afraid a few areas where could try harder would be the sentiment we've returned with. Primary issue is that AirCon DOES NOT WORK and hasn't for some time. Previous reviews have mentioned this and response from owner has suggested these were all temporary faults, or due to non payment - not the case on our part. Confirmed with owner twice before arrival of Aircon in ALL rooms, yet non functional on arrival. Aircon in downstairs room works, but too noisy for nighttime use. Fans in every room is the apparent alternative but again, too noisy to nighttime use (and only move hot air around a room, not cool it). Result were uncomfortable nights, risking bug bites by leaving windows open. Pool filtration seems to be a bit of a problem as well with the pumps not really circulating the water as powerfully as they should. Fridge and freezer in main kitchen a bit on the small side for such a large property. We've rented villa's for 14 years and this one just didn't quite hit the level we'd expect. A shame but we didn't let it spoil our holiday.
Nice and clean!
9 peaople had a very good holiday! The traffic next to villa and some beds were noisy. Some house machines didn`t work. After all, we want to thank you, Robert for this lovely place and we want to come back!
Lovely villa shame about the air con
A group of us stayed in this villa for a week in September. The villa it's self is lovely, very well equipped and in a great location. The only problem we did have was with air conditioning. When booking we deliberately picked a villa that was advertised as having air con as this one was, however on arrival when we asked Ray to turn it on we were told there would be no point as it didn't work well. We thought we would manage however two days into our holiday this was having a big impact as we could not comfortably sleep and there was no where to cool down. We got in touch with the owners who advised they would get in touch with Ray and organise for someone to come and fix the air con. This did not happen. We did not see Ray for the rest of our holiday even though we had been told he would come every two days to clean the pool. When we eventually saw him when he collected us for the airport he claimed the owners had never been in touch and he knew nothing of our issues.
The only other small issue we had was that although this villa has 3 showers. We could only use one as the two on the lower floor were too hot and we could not get them any cooler and 8 women with one shower made getting ready a struggle.
If these issues were resolved this really would be the ideal villa but sadly for us they did let it down
Stayed at this villa in July this year every thing was as stated in the description it was perfect. Villa was very clean and tidy and ray who looks after the villa was very helpful. would definatly recommend this villa I will be booking it again next year
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach is 1km away, 10 minutes walk.
Tenerife south airport is 15 minute drive away.
Distance to Los Cristianos centre is 10 minutes walk. Playa de Los Americas is 15 minute walk.
5 minutes walk to local supermarket, bars and restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit paid upon booking. Remaining balance is required at least 12 weeks before travelling.
Depart at 10 o'clock and arrive at 2 o'clock (you can leave your suitcase in the villa) if we don't have a change over day you can arrange with owner what time you want to leave.
Rates range £1000 for a 3 bedroom villa and a 4. Bedroom villa is 1400 pounds per week
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite 1- bath, toilet, sink. En-suite 2 - shower, toilet, sink. Main bathroom - shower, toilet, sink. Bathroom 4 - toilet and sink.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double bed with en-suite. Bedroom 2 - 2 single beds. Bedroom 3 - double bed. Bedroom 4 - king size bed with en-suite.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Air-conditioning at extra cost. Wifi at extra cost When it's a 3 bedroom villa one of the rooms is closed Outside: 8 seater table, BBQ area, private pool, sun loungers, patio area. Other: Steam room seats 7.