Specious Villa in Mammee Bay Perfect For Families And Large Groups
Caribbean Dawn is a charming and character-full Villa. It was built in the late 50’s and has been lovingly bought up-to-date by the current owners. The original features have been maintained such as the original Terrazzo stone floor in the bedrooms and the original stone entrance to the villa.
You will get much more than the four air-conditioned bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. There is a large open planned area at the Centre, which is a nice space to hang out in. You can play a game of pool, chess, or garden darts on the lawn. The outside space has some shady spots to sit in; or you may want to chill out in the secluded courtyard garden at the back and catch up with your emails.
You may see Hummingbirds enjoying nectar from the Hibiscus and Heliconias by the front patio, so close, you could almost touch them.
Mammee Bay Estate has a beautiful private beach, restaurant bar and changing facilities.
The vista from the beach is amazing. Your gaze can follow the curve of the bay all the way down to the cruise ship pier in Ocho Rios. Could that be why many wedding photos are taken at this spot. The beach is protected by a Coral Reef just a few strokes from the shore. You can practically wade across to it.
Our lovely villa is light and specious with high vaulted ceilings. It is an ideal space for families and friends to relax in but there are many quiet areas where you can relax with a book or magazine. Children love it here, there’s so much space for them to run aground in both inside and out.
There are 4 double bedrooms all with air-conditioning and 3 bathrooms.
You enter via a nice patio/veranda into a huge lounging area that is separated by two archways at the centre.
The kitchen leads off from here and which was built by a local craftsman. There is a separate dining area that leads out to a courtyard that is set off with a lovely Bougainvillea tree.
About the Owner
We love our home in Jamaica and are there often. It’s really lovely to be able to sharing it with our family, friends and guests. We’ve lived in London for over 40 years but now we spend 3 – 4 months a year enjoying the Jamaican sun.
After enjoying 3 family vacations in Mammee Bay Estate, we finally bought our house from the family of Bryon Lee, one of Jamaica’s premier music pioneers. Byron Lee and his group the Dragonaires brought Caribbean music to the attention of the world.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Pictures DID NOT do it justice :-), April 20, 2015
By Felicia (Jamaica, NY) I spent my time at this lovely villa with my boyfriend our 2 children and 5 other family members and with the amount of space provided we barely crossed each others paths which believe me sometimes can be a GREAT thing LOL. We were quite pleased to have Nellie and Suzanne they were great to talk to as well as very helpful during our stay. The owner was also very good with touching base to make sure that everything was to our liking. The security guards were also great to have around and they made us feel very safe. It is very close to tourist attractions Dunns River, Dolphin Cove, Wataland etc. and also a short ride into town. The private beach was also great and had a restaurant called the Bamboo Blue which we frequented during our stay. I definitely would recommend this to friends or family and look forward to staying there again myself.
From the Owner
“The Bamboo Studio is one of my favourite rooms in the house; I am really pleased with the presentation. I also love the way that daylight floods the Lounging area. It’s a real treat to sit under the Lignum Vitae tree with a nice glass of wine at the end of the day.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ocho Rios is probably the most popular cruise ship destination in the Caribbean. Mammee Bay is only 5 minutes to three very popular attractions on the North Coast. There are many fabulous beaches. Mammee Bay Beach, James Bond beaches and Reggae beach; these are truly outstanding but there are many more to choose from. There are several duty free shopping areas and Craft Markets and great restaurants and bars. There’s so much to do in this area - climb a waterfall, or raft on the White River. Visit a nature parks or swim with dolphin. How about some deep sea fishing, diving or snorkeling. Take a horseback ride along the beach or a jeep or bike safari. Take a cable car ride up a Mystic Mountain and take bobsleigh or zip line down. How about a round of golf? There are several golf courses close by. Whatever you want to do you will find it in beautiful scenic Jamaica. It’s nature at its best.
Mammee Bay beach club has very great facilities with a beach side restaurant and bar. You can enjoy the shower and changing facilities as you listen to piped music. Spoil yourself with a lovely beach side massage as you gaze out to the Caribbean Sea which is like a warm bath. The beach is sheltered by a Coral Reef and you can book watersports too. All this is a short walk from our villa.
Mammee Bay, Ocho Rios is mid way between Montego Bay and Kingston and is a very central location. The journey from Montego Bay Airport is approximately 90 minutes and the new North Coast Highway makes getting to our villa a dream – you will be there in no time. If it’s your first visit to Jamaica, it’s a nice introduction to our beautiful island.
Mammee Bay Estate is 10 minutes picturesque drive to the Ocho Rios town centre where there are several restaurants and bars and duty free shopping. Island Village is a great place where you will find many individual shops. Margaritaville is located in Island Village and it is a lively entertainment spot that leads out to another lovely beach.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2015 - 1 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
The price range varies between £1000.00 - £1,200.00 per, week year round, to allow flexibility. The villa sleeps to 8-10 people comfortably. Our booking terms are fairly flexible and we can provide a payment schedule to help you plan you holiday. Please contact the owner for further information. Payment can be made PayPal secure system.
Arrival and departure to be agreed with the guests.
Notes on prices:
Prices per week in UK pounds. Price range from £900.00 - £1100.00. Caribbean Dawn is available for longer lets, please contact the owner to discuss. A £300 refundable damage deposit will be required.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Villa Caribbean Dawn is a place where families can come together and share the space in comfort. The photographs of the huge living area cannot do it justice. It's wonderful being there with my family - four generations have spent many happy times there.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- botanical garden
- duty free shops
- rain forests
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- 180 m²
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, En-suite to master bedroom
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, En-Suite to Bamboo Studio
- There are 3 bathrooms 2 of which are en-suite. 1 has a P shape bath shower, 2 has a separate shower unit and 3 is a shower room.The bathrooms are attractive and stocked with all the necessary toiletries - shower gel etc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8-10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom has a King-size bed and gives access to courtyard garden. Bedroom 2 has a double & a single beds. Bedroom 3 is also a double room. Bedroom 4 has bamboo 4-poster bed and sofabed. Most of the bedrooms are furnished in bamboo.
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Caribbean Dawn is well furnished through out with good quality furniture. It is very specious and there is plenty of room for extended families and you will not be on top of each other. You will simply be able to enjoy the space and each others company in good quality accommodation. You will be well taken care of by Nellie, our family helper who has been with us for several years. Outside: Caribbean Dawn sits in an acre of gardens planted with mature fruit trees and tropical flowers. The master bedroom and the dining room leads out to a large courtyard garden to the rear of the villa. There are several varieties of fruit trees such as mango's and coconuts. These are among the favourites enjoyed by our guests. Utility Room: The separate utility room houses the washing machine and drying area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We provide good quality towels and linen and the bathroom are well stocked with toiletries and other necessities. A welcome food pack is also provided. Our family helper will take care of the domestics and our gardener will keep the grounds looking nice.