Finca near Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza, Balearic Islands - Located In A Quiet Valley Close To Santa Gertrudis
Ca'n Armat is a fine 300 year old finca that has been fully modernised with good bathrooms and quality beds, and retains its traditional character with fine furniture. All ceilings are traditional sabina wood, and the building has metre thick walls which provide cooler temperatures in the high summer, (and A/C in the bedrooms and main kitchen). The extensive and landscaped gardens contain both a private pool and a fishpond complete with carp and lily pads. There are three large double en-suite bedrooms, a smaller double and two single bedrooms. Ca'n Armat will appeal to guests who want to experience a traditional and beautiful Ibicincan finca with contemporary comforts in the quieter part of the island, and will appreciate the proximity to the sophisticated country restaurants in and around Santa Gertrudis. For those who would like more details we can provide by email a folder of 25 full size photos of the finca, as well as a floor plan and site plan.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a central London family who bought the finca as a sunny, rural escape eight years ago. The attraction for us was its quiet rural location, the proximity to Santa Gertrudis, the rather neglected but magnificent gardens, and the character of the finca that had been sensitively modernised. We have returned the gardens to their former glory and have continued modernisation with things like air conditioning and satellite TV. We are very happy to talk with people considering renting, provide a guide to local beaches and restaurants and so forth, and have a wonderful (English) local manager who resolves all problems and make sure our guests are contented. We provide a brochure that gives about twenty guest comments, (unsurprisingly all of whom had a great time!)
Guestbook comments from the owner
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
We have now stayed at this finca three times twice in high summer and once in the spring. Situated towards the north in the centre of the island it is in a great position to get to the smaller beaches and little towns but still a quick drive into the airport. We have been with a large group of adults and teenagers and it worked well for all o us with lots of separate places in the magical garden for people to position themselves and not get on top of each other. There is a real kitchen for cooking and excellent utensils, the beds and linen are comfortable, the pool though small is a delightful place with a large chill out mattress which some teenagers crashed out on all night and others occupied for long siestas. You do need to ferry people in and out as it is down a long track from the road and the town is a few kilometres away but we never had a problem. It is not a house if you are looking for bright white rooms, astroturf grass and plasma screen TV's. It is lovely if you like fig, lemon and orange trees, cooking for fun and eating in a candlelit garden, visiting small bars and beach cafes, and want to spend time in your house rather than always be out.
Beautiful and comfortable house in a quiet location.
We returned to this property four years after our first visit and it was just as lovely as we remembered it.
Beautiful finca full of character and charm
We had a wonderful stay at Ca'n Armat - we love Santa Gertrudis which is the nearby town and is full of great restaurants and boutiques. The finca is tastefully decorated and the pool area is just fabulous. There are small tables dotted around the gardens so a large group could easily get privacy. We had a couple of minor blips which were sorted by the agent in Ibiza within the day. Very good communication from the owners before the holiday and excellent help from the agent on Ibiza. Just lovely.
We have thoroughly enjoyed both of our times at C'an Armat. The gardens are beautiful and the pool area was a hit with us and our kids. It is such a relaxing place to be and we have now taken the house 2 years running, and would take it again. On a practical level Robin was very quick to respond to any queries we had the couple of times we had to contact him.
Activity and Interests
Beniras 12 minutes.
Calla Lena 20 minutes.
Calla Boix 15 minutes.
Pou de Leo 15 minutes.
Aguas Blancas 15 minutes.
The airport is 20 minutes from Can Armat. Since the finca is located 700 metres down a private camino a rental car is essential.
Santa Gertrudis 10 minutes.
Ibiza town 20 minutes.
San Antonio 25 minutes.
The attractive village of Santa Gertrudis, 3km away, is the country restaurant centre of rural Ibiza, with over 20 sophisticated bars and restaurants. The village has good shops and has a supply of UK/international newspapers.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Jun 2017 - 31 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Aug 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 16 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£895|
50% of rental fee on initial booking with the balance a week prior to arrival.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in euros.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- In addition to the bedrooms, there is a separate wc/shower room in the porchada courtyard.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 large en-suite double. Bedroom 2 large en-suite double. Bedroom 3 large en-suite double. Bedroom 4 small double, shared bath. Bedroom 5 single, plus another occasional single, shared bath. Bedroom 6 single with mezzanine chill area.
- Notes on accommodation: The bedrooms and main kitchen have air-conditioning. All rooms have fans. Because the pool and fish pond are both 50 meters from the house we insist that guests with very small children either bring a nanny, or undertake to supervise their children at all times. Note: Ca'n Armat is not suitable for large groups of young singles/ clubbers/ "party" people, Outside: Can Armat has exceptional gardens. There are shaded eating/entertaining areas in the porchada courtyard, pool area, kitchen loggia, palm garden, and upper courtyard. Parts of the garden, including the pool area and palm garden, are floodlight at night. There are two large outside teak tables that sit 8 plus and two others that seat 6 plus. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning service with change of towels/bed linen once a week - cleaning can be done twice a week if required. Our local manager will open up and explain the finca, provide advice, solve problems, and deal with emergencies