Villa between Biot and Valbonne, Alpes, Maritimes, France - Quiet, Secure Area, 15 Minutes Drive to Beach
You enter the villa through automatic gates, parking up to 4 cars, a area with child's trampoline and double child's swing and rope ladder, access the front via a path with steps and ramp leading to a terrace with dinning table and coffee table seating area, the rear via a slope and 3 small steps leading to the barbecue and dining for 10. This area has a sun awning, through a security gate up to a pool with a child's pool next to it. Overlooking the pool is a bar lounge with stools, sofa and music system, behind this is a shower/toilet and a garden bedroom chalet. The garden is landscaped and the area very peaceful. The villa is half way between Biot and Valbonne, supermarket/petrol, chemist, hairdresser all within 2 min. drive, Antibes/Cannes are 20 min. Direction Antibes is a large fun fair next to Marine Land/Aqua splash, mini farm/golf. There are many good golf courses close by.
About the Owner
Hi, my name is Geoff, I moved to Antibes in 1974 and started working in the yachting industry, day work and crewing. I have been running a yacht painting business since the late 70's. I have a fantastic local knowledge of the area and consider myself very friendly, helpful, informative and normally have a 'nothing to much trouble' approach to things. I speak English and French, my wife speaks English, Chinese 3 dialects, and Malay. Working in the yachting industry has given me a large circle of friends of different nationality's world wide. I have traveled a lot spending time away from my home base so I know what people expect and would like when they are away from home.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Fantastic home from home not so much a holiday let, will come again.
Mr & Mrs Tuffley, UK
Mr Hendrickson, Norway, could not have wished for more, great value, would like the villa as our home.
Loved it, very peaceful, countryside setting but not far to everything you would need, just like staying at a friends home.
From the Owner
“We purchased this villa as our main residence because we needed the space for our two young children, we moved in a year after purchase when we started renovating our apartment in Antibes (see property ref: FR5317). We only rent out our villa in the Summer as we go away for the school holiday period, as such it is always a family home not a purpose built holiday let. The immediate area has local families not holiday lets, so very peaceful, I love this area as you are away from the holiday crowds, surrounded by countryside yet only a short journey to the coast and all the action you may require. We are constantly updating and improving the villa, last Winter we upgraded the bathrooms, lounge and 2 bedrooms. This Winter we are renewing the terraces and building a outside bar/kitchen.”
Activity and Interests
Antibes La siesta beach 9km has a pebble beach, a large fun park and the famous dolphin Marine land are opposite. Antibes town beach is 11km, sand. Antibes Salis beach, 13km, sand. Cap d'Antibes Garoupe beach, 15km, sand, Juan-Les-Pins, 15km, sand.
Nice airport is about a 30 minute drive. Use of a car is recommended although a bus service to Antibes, Biot, & Valbonne is available 3 minutes walk outside the villa.
Antibes is 11km. Valbonne is 4km. Biot with it's famous glass works is 3km. Cannes is 20 minutes by car. Nice 25 minutes. Monoco is best served by train from Antibes.
There is a medium size Carrefour supermarket/petrol which has a cash machine, also a hairdresser, bakery, chemist, pizza restaurant, dry cleaners only 2 minutes away by car. Valbonne and Biot have great restaurants to suit all budgets. On the coast near Antibes siesta beach is Europe's largest marine park with daily shows of killer whales, dolphins etc., in the same complex is mini golf, a large water park with many water slides, children's zoo, butterfly park. Opposite is a fun fair with a huge big wheel, bungee jumping, go karts etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£600|
A 20% deposit is is required on reservation and balance paid in full 8 weeks before arrival date. A security deposit of 650 euros is required, paid by bank transfer or cash before arrival and will be refunded in full if the property is left clean and tidy with no damages. It is advisable to have adequate insurance in case of major damage or breakages. Our villa is not available before 22 June and after 10 September 2013. Any unnecessary call out to the villa may be charged for.
Change over day is Saturday. Departure 9.00am, arrival 5.00pm. Other times and dates by negotiation (min. 50€ charge for late and out of hours arrivals).
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds sterling.
25% upon reservation, balance on or before 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- 140 m²
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath, sink and shower cubical. Modern Italian style bathroom with stone sink, shower & toilet. Separate toilet room. Garden wet room toilet/shower, (opposite chalet).
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground floor Bedroom 1, double bed, patio doors to private terrace. Bedroom 2, 2 single beds. Bedroom 3, 1 double bed. Bedroom 4, 2 single beds with a 3rd pull out bed Garden chalet bedroom (by arrangement), double can make into 2 singles.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Ideal for family's and children or adults who want peace and quite. No smoking inside the villa. All bedroom windows have mosquito netting and shutters. The new garden chalet is peaceful and air-conditioned, ideal if you wish to get away from the main house. As the house is the owners main residence you are renting a home rather than a holiday villa so certain kitchen cupboards are locked.. Outside: Gardens are all landscaped with auto watering system. There is a front patio with dining table/chairs, a small coffee table with 4 cushion easy chairs, next to this is a small patio in front of bedroom 1 with 2 tables & 6 chairs. At the rear a large terrace with barbecue, sink and cooking area, dining furniture for up to 10. The private pool area is accessed though a child proof gate, a small child's pool 2 x 6m with a iron bridge over, main pool 5 x 12m, 2m deep end over looked by a covered bar area with soft seating, bar with stools and music system. Behind is a large shower/toilet wetroom with a further outside shower. The garden chalet is situated here, the property has ample parking. Utility Room: Iron/board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included, (beach towel's are not included), a 12 euro per person per week is charged for linen change and basic cleaning. The villa is cleaned each Saturday more often by arrangement. Other: Garden chalet double bedroom with patio. Independent shower/toilet. Optional double bedroom by arrangement.