Villa in Sesmarias Castelo, Albufeira Area, Central Algarve, Portugal - 5 Mins by Car to Centre of Town, Close to Beaches and Golf
Special Offer: April 2012 - £650.00 for 8 people and May 2012 - £850.00 for 8 people. Last minute bookings taken at a discounted price. A beautiful detached and privately owned villa. Set in its own level grounds offering complete privacy, Casa Collena is centrally located in a quiet Portuguese neighbourhood. Nevertheless there are numerous bars and restaurants, including 3 supermarkets, which are just a walk away. Faro airport is a 40 minute drive. Albufeira is 5 minutes drive with the brand new marina just 4 minutes drive away. Golf club Salgados 3 mins away. Booking times can be arranged via management agent Antonio Rodriuguez. Who can also organise transport and tickets to various excursions (i.e. water parks, Zoo Marina etc) .
About the Owner
Hi, my name is Colleen, hence the reason why the villa is called "Casa Colleena". My husband and I purchase the villa, because we have three children and felt it would be better to holiday in a family home, rather than a hotel, which we had been doing previously. This was the best move we could make because, is made it home from home but in the sun. No more jumping up and down to purchase drinks or ice-creams, from the hotel bar, fighting for a sun bed at the hotel pool side, having to pull ourselves away from the pool area to get ready for the evening meal, at the set time, in the hotel. This has made our holidays much more relaxing. We have the best of both worlds now, because we can choose to eat out, or just chill out at home, having a family BBQ. in the sun in our swim wear.
From the Owner
“We purchased the property for the above reasons, and the reason we decided on the location, was because it was so close to the main resort of Albufeira, so we could have the best of both worlds. Be in a quiet area, with the beaches close to hand, and the many restaurants a walk away or if we wanted the night life, shops etc., that would only take us a 5 minute car journey, I know that many repeat bookings I have had, is not just because of the villa, is it also because of the locality. The beaches are not as crowded, and they are all different, there are seven beaches in the area, from small coves, to Gale Beach which just has miles, and miles, of endless white sand swing right around the bay.”
Activity and Interests
There are several beaches in the local area, ranging from Gale with miles and miles or sand following around the bay, to small intimate coves with the rock formation, each beach is individual, all the beaches are manned by lifeguards, and have restaurants and toilet facilities. By car Gale beach is 2 mins away, walking distance approx 35 mins. All the beaches are kept to a high standard, and are very picturesque.
Faro Airport is the nearest to the Algarve. The flight time is approx two and a half hours. The villa is approx 40mins from the airport, the route is mainly motorway. I can arrange for car hire either at the airport for collection, or delivered to Casa Colleena, and collected from the villa. I can also organise a mini bus for pickup from Faro Airport to the villa and back again, for 8 people or more.
Albuferia is 5 mins away by car to the Old Town. There you will find bars restaurants and shops. Bus station, money exchange etc. Gia is a small village which are about 25 mins away with bars, restaurants etc, further on is the Algarve Shopping Mall - a large shopping mall with designer shops, hypermarket, cinema which has 10 screens, and a large food hall, with everything from Mc Donalds, Burgerking, Kentucky Chicken, Chinese, to Itailian, Brazilian, Portuguese restaurants etc.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner for details.
Please contact owner for details.
Notes on prices:
Special Offer: April 2012 - £650.00 for 8 people and May 2012 - £850.00 for 8 people
Last minute bookings taken at a discounted price
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with bath, shower and WC. Bathroom 2 with bath/shower and WC (ground floor). Bathroom 3 with bath/shower and WC (top floor).
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/12 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite (ground floor). Bedroom 2 with double bed (ground floor). Bedroom 3 with twin beds (top floor). Bedroom 4 with double bed (top floor).
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The gardens are safe for children as it is all on level ground with a lawned area. There is a baby paddling pool with steps leading into it. The pergola is directly opposite, so that parents can watch their offspring in comfort, and in the shade. There is a set of double gates at the entrance to the villa, which can be kept locked if necessary. The villa has ceiling fans in all the bedrooms, and freestanding fans. The bookcase has an assortment of paperback novels and magazines. There is a small selection of children’s DVDs and DVD films for adults, including music. The villas has roller shutters on all the windows for privacy and to keep the property cool in the height of the summer, There is a TV with satellite (freeview) and cassette player ) in the downstairs bedroom with bathroom en-suite. The upstairs double bedroom also has a portable TV set. Outside: Beautiful villa, 5 mins from Albufeira by car, set in its own level grounds and gardens south facing so you have the sun all day long. Located in a quiet Portuguese neighbourhood. Large swimming pool with Roman steps, baby paddling pool with Roman steps. Newly refurbished pergola with BBQ, table and seating for 8 people extra tables and chairs available at the back of the pergola is a outside WC and an indoor BBQ house, containing washing machine etc. Terraced area out of patio doors with table and seating. South facing balcony. Double garage (which is kept locked) leading down to the driveway with double gates. Utility Room: Indoor BBQ house with washing machine, fridge, stainless steel sink for hand washing and BBQ. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels are available in all bathrooms except for pool towels, linen change once a week. Other: The south facing balcony overlooking the pool, access gained by patio door. Perfect for intimate sun bathing.