Bungalow in Briston, Holt, North Norfolk, England, UK - Village Setting With A Real 'Home From Home' Feel
The Firs is our second home and we hope you will find it your ‘home from home’. It is a spacious bungalow situated on the edge of the village of Briston with views to the open countryside. It is perfect for all seasons with plenty of space to sit outside in the warmer weather and modern central heating when it’s cooler. There is a large sunroom where you can have dinner or sit, relax and read or watch the wildlife.
About the Owner
12 years ago we bought The Firs after falling in love with North Norfolk. We completely renovated The Firs when we bought it. We use it as our second home and hope you find it yours too.
When we first bought it our children Sam and Annie loved crabbing and playing on the beaches and have grown up with it. As young adults they now book it out to take their friends away. Even now they love it and tell us we must never sell it!
Our elderly parents also enjoy coming up -no stairs and old fashion service in Holt! It really is perfect for all ages. Our wonderful labrador Maisie used to love the garden, field walks and, of course, swimming in the sea. Our new lab puppy Ella will hopefully continue the happy memories!
Guestbook comments from the owner
‘Our fourth year -what can we say -great stuff!’ S.T
‘You seem to have thought of everything - was a real treat to stay in such a clean, well equipped accommodation’ C.H
‘A home from home - a well equipped, spotless bungalow. As a rule we don't return to the same place twice - this will be the exception’ K.M
From the Owner
“We love the North Norfolk coast with the miles of sandy beaches. Both of us have busy jobs (Paul runs his own business and Jane is a doctor) so we love coming to the area to chill out and relax. It's only 2 hours from the London suburbs but the pace of life is slow and perfect for recharging. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and have had the same housekeepers for a decade.”
Activity and Interests
15-20 minutes drive to the fabulous North Norfolk coast including Cley, Blakeney and Wells-next-the-sea.
The Firs is situated on edge of village of Briston which has a butchers,excellent small pub/coffee house, bakers and village store. Market town of Holt is a 5 minute drive.
Information folder with local activities and books can be found at The Firs.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Oct Half Term
21 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
28 Oct 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Christmas and NY
21 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
Friday but this is flexible out of high season.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Discounts available for multiple weeks.
Please contact us for weekend/ midweek/ short break prices.
25% deposit is payable on booking, the remainder is payable 8 weeks prior to arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Firs we feel is very special. It is in a village that has lots of amenities, not just the usual gastro pub! It is a large bungalow with a large garden with plenty of parking, again no compromises. We have taken great care to provide everything most homes have - lots of crockery and kitchen equipment, deck chairs, plenty of reading material etc. We have rented many self catering properties ourselves and found 4 teaspoons run out quickly!!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath and shower over with basin and WC. En-suite to main bedroom with modern power shower, WC and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Plus baby/toddler Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and antique pine furniture. Digital radio and TV. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and radio and TV. Bedroom 3 with CD and radio.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The Firs is very child friendly. It is also suitable for those with mobility problems since it is all on one level. Garden is enclosed so ideal for dogs too. Outside: Large, private garden with patio area with plenty of garden furniture. BBQ. Parking for at least 4 cars. Utility Room: Utility area in garage with tumble drier. Plenty of toys and games in garage. BBQ. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, hand towels, bath mats and tea towels included. Other: Sunroom recently added is a lovely bright, relaxing room. Dining table for 6 as well as sofa and 2 chairs to enjoy the view.