Chalet in Chatel, Haute Savoie, Rhone-Alpes, France - Fantastic Views Across To Mont Grange
This beautiful, well appointed chalet is situated on the south facing slopes of Petit Chatel and boasts fantastic views across to Mont Grange and the village whilst basking all day in the sun. The chalet is only a 300m walk to the Barbossine chair or 50m to bus stop. The town of Chatel is a 2 minute drive away. The chalet is on a private road, next to a meadow and is extremely peaceful.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Our nearest airport is Geneva and its just over an hours drive to the chalet. Should you wish to drive from the UK we advise that you leave at least 9 hours to get to the chalet from Calais.
We are a 300m walk from the Barbossine lift or a 50m walk to the bus stop.The main town of Chatel is a 2 minute drive and the lifts up to the main Portes de Soleil ski area is 10 minutes. Excellent car parking facilities are available and free of charge.
Chatel is a charming Alpine village in the heart of the Portes du Soleil ski area. It lies on the border of France and Switzerland and is full of rustic charm. The lively village is full of traditional style chalets and hotels and is beautifully picturesque. Chatel has a lively village centre with a wealth of activities for everyone to enjoy. There is a plentiful supply of traditional Savoyard style restaurants which will appeal to those who have an insatiable appetite for the local cheeses and meats. For those who fancy something different there is the opportunity to sample other fares from around the world. For a spot of apres ski there are plenty of bars which offer great live music/DJs and if you fancy continuing on there a couple of nightclubs in town which will see you through to the small hours. If that hasn't exhausted you and you still have bucket loads of energy to get rid of then you can enjoy some outdoor skating at Lac Vonnes, dog-sledding or snow-shoe excursions or for the more adventurous amongst you there is a bob-luge at Pre la Joux. If that all sounds a little too much and you fancy getting away from it all then you could head down the valley into Switzerland and relax your aching muscles at the hot springs at Val D'Illiez or Lavey les Bains (try it - it's absolutely brilliant). Banks and supermarkets are also available in town.
- Booking Notes:
We will ask you to complete a booking form and to return it to us with a 20% deposit in order to secure your holiday. We ask that the balance is paid 8 weeks before your arrival date.
We will also ask for a £500 damage deposit to be paid into our account a week before your departure date. This will be fully refunded within a week of your return once we have received confirmation that the chalet has been left in the way it was found.
Our preferred changeover day is Sunday. We ask our guests to arrive any time after 4pm and to vacate the property by 10am on their day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath/shower, wc. Family bathroom with bath/shower, wc. Shower room with wc. Additional wc on main floor.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms can be either twins or doubles. The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and south facing balcony. A sofa bed is available for additional guests.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Two south facing balconies surround the chalet. There is also a beautiful decked area to enjoy the heated hot-tub, loungers and dining area with the most stunning views across the valley. A large barbecue is available. Utility Room: Washer/drier, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Goose down duvets, Egyptian cotton sheets and huge fluffy white towels are provided upon arrival. Other: The ski/boot room is in the basement with 2 sets of boot warmers that can heat and dry 10 pairs. 2 highchairs and 2 travel cots are also supplied to avoid having to carry them over with you.