House in Constantine Bay, Padstow, Cornwall, England, UK - Great Family House
Dalvay is a spacious and comfortable house with stunning views of the sea and coastline and the cliffs of Trevose Head. It overlooks the outstanding Trevose Golf Course and Country Club and is in easy walking distance of a choice of beautiful beaches and the rolling surf of north Cornwall, and the many attractions of Padstow and beyond. The property is situated at the end of a private road, with a lovely secluded garden at the back.
About the Owner
I live and work in Bristol with my family, but we would really rather live in this house in Cornwall! We spend lots of time in Constantine Bay with friends and family, but we also let the house for some weeks of the year as we want it to be lived in, and shared and enjoyed. Our children and lots of our friends' children have come to this house for holidays since they were babies, and they are still coming! We love this part of the world, whatever the season, whatever the weather.
From the Owner
“This house has been in our family for over 30 years, and everyone who visits calls it a 'happy home'. We love the area for its beauty and the big skies - and waking up with the atlantic ocean on your doorstep. It is called locally '7 Bays for 7 Days' and there really is a fantastic choice of beaches and facilities and activities in the area - for whatever you want to do, at whatever time of the year. Plus there are now some fantastic local bars and restaurants. And although it can feel wild and remote, the area is easily accessible - by car, train and bicycle ! - and an airport 20 minutes away.”
Activity and Interests
There are a number of fantastic beaches for swimming and surfing in every direction: Constantine Bay 15 mins walk. Booby's Bay 20 mins, Treyarnon Bay 20 mins. Harlyn Bay 25 mins walk / 10 mins car and more. Life-guards operate on some beaches from May to September. The Cornish coastal path offers short/long distance walking and exploring.
The Padstow Estuary 10 mins by car: sailing, boating and wind-surfing. Watergate Bay 15 mins by car: 'Extreme Sports' and all kinds of surfing.
A car is recommended to fully benefit from your stay. Newquay Airport at St Mawgan 8 miles. Bodmin Parkway Mainline Railway Station 18 miles. Local Bus services to Padstow, Wadebridge, Bodmin and Newquay.
Constantine Bay Stores (excellent local shop) half mile. St Merryn 1 mile: nearest village with shops, bakery, pub, restaurants, fish and chip shop. Padstow 4 miles. Wadebridge 8 miles. Bodmin 18 miles. Newquay 11 miles. Eden Project 15 miles, The Lost Gardens of Heligan 18 miles.
Excellent local shop at Constantine Bay. Other shops, including bakery and post-office, in St Merryn, supermarkets at Padstow, Wadebridge, Bodmin and Newquay. Banks and chemist at Padstow, and some excellent delicatessen/food shops.
Tennis (3 all-weather courts), swimming pool and playground at Trevose Golf & Country Club (down the road!). Surfing and body boarding on all the local beaches; local surf schools for hour/day/week courses.
Bicycling: the Camel Trail goes along the Camel Estuary from Padstow to Wadebridge and on up to Bodmin. Fishing: local sea fishing (lessons available) and boat fishing trips from Padstow. Riding: local riding stables at St Merryn. Rick Stein's Cookery School in Padstow.
Restaurants include Rosel & Co, Olive Tree at St Merryn, Rick Stein’s Seafood Restaurant, Bistro, Cafe and fish and chips at Padstow, Jamie Oliver's ‘Fifteen’ at Watergate Bay, plus many others.
Country pubs include The Cornish Arms at St Merryn (now run by Rick Stein), Kew Inn near Wadebridge, The Falcon at St Mawgan. There is also an excellent restaurant at Trevose Golf Club just up the road.
Eden Project, The Lost Gardens of Heligan, Lanhydrock House less that one hour's drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
31 Oct 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
16 Dec 2016 - 8 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
If you are interested we will forward a booking form including rates and terms and conditions. We require a 20% deposit and the signed booking form to secure the booking. Full payment, along with a £200 returnable Damage Deposit is to be made 8 weeks before your arrival date.
Changeover day is Friday (please leave by 10am, arrival not before 4pm). Out of season other changeover days and times and can be negotiated.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You can step straight into our house, and relax! Everyone who visits calls this a 'happy home', and it is a very easy house to run. It is a bungalow with a very spacious layout, and even when the bedrooms are full, it never feels crowded with people. You can walk out into a very private garden from numerous doors to the outside, sit under the cherry blossom, eat breakfast in your pyjamas or jump on the trampoline. This has always been a family house and it is well equipped for children of any age, but it is also a house that fits any kind of party.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Pink bathroom with bath,shower tap, bidet, WC and basin. Blue bathroom with bath/shower over, WC and basin. Outside warm shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed (or two singles) with views over Constantine Bay. Bedroom 2 with twin beds plus one single (sleeps 2-3). Bedroom 3 with large double bed and door to garden. Bedroom 4 with twin beds plus one single and door to garden.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house is spacious and suitable for a party of adults (and in 5 minutes walk of Trevose Golf Course): it is also a great family home, child friendly and suitable for young, and older, children. Two small children's beds and linen can be provided on request (extra charge). The rental includes oil fired central heating, hot water and electricity. Pets are welcome at the owner's discretion but are not allowed in the bedrooms or lounge. The house is strictly non-smoking. Outside: Large lawned front and back gardens with outside tables, chairs, sunloungers. The back garden is very secluded and is a great sun trap. A barbecue is provided. There is also a large netted trampoline. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer and second fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and tea towels can be provided on request (price per head). Bring your own towels for use on the beach. The house will be clean and tidy on your arrival. Other: Dining room with round table seating 8/10, French doors into garden.