3 bedrooms - Quiet Rural Location
South facing longere with views to the forest of Lanouee. Set in the heart of rural Brittany. This cottage is convenient as a base for touring or just chilling out in the peaceful countryside. Fresh produce from our own garden and eggs are available in season. Wi-Fi available.
This tranquil retreat is convenient as a base for touring or just chilling out in the peaceful countryside. Fresh produce from our own garden and eggs are available in season. Wi-Fi available.
About the Owner
Doreen and Stewart decided to move to France when Stewart turned the magic 60. We liked the peace and quite of rural France and wanted to try a bit of the 'Good Life'
After renovations were finished on the property we opened our doors to clients in 2009. Since then we have been inviting people to share in the relaxing peace and quiet we have here.
While we have been here our 'family' has expanded and we now have a menagerie consisting of Goats, Chickens, cats and latterly Sally our collie dog.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Thank you so much for the wonderful stay'. Clare and Julian. Bath.
'We had a really lovely stay. The highlight was definately the bike ride next to the canal'. Donna and Neil. Ireland.
From the Owner
“When we first visited the property it seemed ideal for us, offering scope for us to renovate and improve both the house and our life style. Being out in the countryside the peace and tranquillity (except in harvest time) is still a plus point when we think back to our time in the middle of Dundee and all the associated problems of inner city life. Perhaps one of the things that makes it all worthwhile is when you go out after dark in the summertime and see the vast expanse of stars.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Guided cycle tours and cycle hire can be arranged.
An hours drive to the north will take you to the spectacular and rugged coastline of the granite coast, while to the south is the city of Vannes and the peninsular of Québeron with its extensive sandy beaches. Lorient has an impressive submarine base.
Closer to the property is the Lac du Duc, 15 minutes drive, is a large man made lake offering a beach, hire of pedelos, kayak, sailing dinghy, fishing and also a nature trail around the lake. For swimmers La Cheze 7km offers an open air pool.
Ryanair to Dinard (1hr) and Nantes (2hr)
Flybe to Rennes (1hr)
St Malo 75min Brittany Ferries
Cherbourg approx 5hr
20% discount available on Brittany Ferries when you book with us.
Use of car is essential.
The petit cité of Josselin with its magnificent chateau and bustling Saturday market is an easy 15 minutes drive away. At Ploermel (20 mins), where you will discover the Lac au Duc, Brittany's largest natural lake. The market day is Friday. In the other direction, Pontivy, a bustling market town (on Monday mornings), sits astride the Nantes and Brest canal and has many medieval features including the Chateau de Rohan.
The local village of Plumieux is only a few minutes by car and has a general shop and butchery which has recently won an award for their sausages (delicious), plus a boulangerie, there are also two bars, one of which has Pizza evenings every Friday. Slightly further (about ten mins drive)is La Cheze which has several bars and restaurants. La Trinitie Porhoet is also within five mins drive and has a bank and chemist. The café restaurant there offers lunchtime meals at reasonable prices. For serious shopping the towns of Loudeac, and Pontivy offer the full range of shops and restaurants while the picturesque town of Josselin has a bustling market on Saturday mornings.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Dec 2016 - 28 Dec 2016
8 night minimum stay
29 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
8 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
A 25% deposit is required. Full payment with a £100 security deposit will be required 24 days prior to the start of your holiday. Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Guests will receive a 10% reduction for repeat bookings and a discount of £30 for a booking of two weeks.
We operate flexible changeovers, it may be beneficial to you to get the midweek ferry crossings. Just contact us. The arrival times preferably 16.00 and departures at 10.00 but this can also be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Guests will receive a 10% reduction for repeat bookings and a discount of £30 for a booking of two weeks.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is in an ideal position for exploring Central Brittany. We love to cycle through the almost deserted lanes and side roads that surround us here The pace of life here is much more relaxed than in UK and life is similar in many ways to how it was there fifty years ago but with technology and a great health system. Perhaps one of the things that makes it all worthwhile is when you go out after dark in the summertime and see the vast expanse of stars.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor toilet with shower cabinet. Upstairs large family bathroom, with shower over bath.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed features a dormer window which looks out over the extensive garden. Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds. Built-in wardrobe. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Built-in clothes storage. Velux window in each room Cot available on request.
- Notes on accommodation: All rooms have electric heating, initial supply of firewood included in hire price, extra available at moderate cost. Non smoking. Regrettably no dogs as we have three cats. Outside: Large garden with lawns, outside games equipment including badminton and swingball. BBQ and patio. Paddling pool if required. Garden table and parasol. Cycles available for hire on request. We also have an enclosed paddock which houses our three goats, Milly , Molly and Mandy. They are not allowed out as they eat all the flowers but enjoy to be fed and stroked through the fence. The chickens also live in this area. Utility Room: Washing machine, Ironing board and clothes airer. Outside clothes line available for use Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels (1 hand and bath per person) and bed linen are included. For those staying for a second week we provide a changover of towels and linen at no extra expense Other: Quiet play area can be closed off from main lounge by French doors. This contains books, board games, a blackboard and is where all the outdoor games are kept. For the young at heart in your party, a dolls house is on the landing.