Beachfront Villa in Bang Por, Koh Samui, Thailand - Perfectly Suited And Well-Equipped For Families As Well As Romantic Escapes
With the beach at the end of the garden, our villa is perfect for families and well equipped for young children, with baby equipment, toys and a lovely private pool. With three en-suite bedrooms and two large living areas it also suits couples looking for a peaceful escape. The accommodation is divided into two self sufficient villas for guests. The main villa hosts the ground floor master suite and a second floor double/twin en-suite. The pool villa hosts bedroom three, a twin/double en-suite. Both villas have large living rooms which open to the gardens and pool. There is also a small house with bunk beds and shower for staff. There are local restaurants close by and, for a treat, the Four Seasons hotel is minutes away. The main town of Nathon is a ten minute drive or Jeepney ride and it has a wealth of restaurants, markets and shops including Tesco. There are numerous spas nearby and we would be delighted to assist you in making the most of your stay.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful villa right on the beach.
About the Owner
My wife and I are a professional couple with two boys. We are Irish and British and have lived in Hong Kong for over 15 years. We have a holiday home in Koh Samui, Thailand which is also listed on this site and we have a base in London, which we use occasionally during term times as our children are at boarding school in England.
Both of these properties are listed and available for short term rentals. They are our homes full of many treasured things to remind us of our travels. We hope you enjoy them and treat them as your home from home too.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"This is a wonderful villa in a great location with all the amenities and comforts one could hope for. We have stayed here twice recently for long family holidays and we enjoyed ourselves immensely both times. The beach on which the villa is located is deserted – it really is like having a private beach! The combination of the garden, pool and beach is perfect for the kids or to relax in and enjoy the view. There's nothing better than having a local masseuse come to the villa and spending the afternoon relaxing, followed by either a short walk to some great local restaurants or enjoying an authentic thai meal cooked onsite by a local chef, eaten outside in the garden whilst enjoying the view! Happy times!" May 2013
'We found the villa perfect for our family holiday. It is well furnished with lovely touches and plenty of towels, crockery etc which meant mum got a rest too. The toys and pool were loved by the children and our favourite was the sunken candle lit bath!' July 2012
4.6 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful villa right on the beach.
My husband and I spent a week at this lovely villa and would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a beautiful property that is right on the beach. The main house is very comfortable with a large master and bath - great kitchen with everything you need. We loved the second building and used it during the day as a pool house. The grounds are beautifully landscaped - and the pool is perfect! We had the beach basically to ourselves as there are very few houses on this stretch which is something that is difficult to find on Samui. We enjoyed exploring the island but spent most of our time at the villa. Yvonne and Paul the property managers were extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about all there is to do on the island. This would be a great place for kids or 2 couples as there is ample space. This one is a real winner!!
We really enjoyed our stay and found everything as listed in the description: great location, beautiful house, clean pool and well maintained garden. Small items were immediately taken care of (broken lounge chair, pool lighting). Special thanks to Yvonne, Paul and Tuen who were more than helpful!
We would certainly come back again and recommend this property to people who do not need/want the "Chaweng feeling" but rather enjoy the secluded location. The owner's restaurant recommendations were helpful and good.
As we had booked Emerald Villa for 5 weeks we had high expectations of comfort, cleanliness and good WiFi (as we would be working from here as well as holidaying). I am pleased to say Emerald Villa exceeded our expectations and we had the most wonderful stay. The Villa Manager and her team looked after us perfectly, from the moment we arrived at the airport. We had requested some basic provisions for our first morning and they were in the fridge when we arrived. The presentation of the 2 villas is quite stunning, with the very well kept pool as the centre of attention. The villas were very spacious, clean, and well equipped. The views across the sea are just lovely. We cooked lunch and dinner most days and found the kitchen to be very well equipped with a multitude of pans, knives, containers, etc. and a hard-working dishwasher. Plenty of cutlery and crockery. The WiFi worked perfectly and was probably faster than that in our Village in the UK! The delightful maid came almost every day and was exceedingly pleasant and helpful, but also very quiet and always asked if she could come in, etc. We hired a car for the whole period as the area is a little out of the way, but that's what we wanted. We enjoyed perfect peace with just the sound of the sea lapping just a few metres away. The road is quite close, but we didn't really notice it. There must be loads more to say about the place, but I suppose the big question is "would we go back?". 100% "YES" - already talking about the next dates!! Thank you to the owner for making all the booking, etc. so easy and a big thank you to the Manager and her team for making our stay so perfect - missing you already!
Lovely villa.Great set up for family of 4
We travelled as a family and wanted privacy, nice quality Villa, beachfront and close to some local eateries.This Villa delivered this and so much more. The local managers are English and they arranged transport for us and greeted us at the property. We had asked for some basic provisions for the first night and a chef for later in the week and all was done.
The pool was a winner with our boys aged 12 and 14 and there was plenty of room for us all to have our space.There are three units on the plot,one for a helper if you had one and two more . Our boys hung out in the main Villa with wifi and TV in between swims and we relaxed in the villa by the pool when not on the beach. We also made use of the Kayaks to get to fun places for lunch. We had a car and you need one to explore the Island but we stayed close and chilled out. Really nice choice for a family retreat. Thinking about coming back next year with friends as there are three double bedrooms.
Firstly I would like to say we had a great three weeks at Emerald Villas. The pool and the beach are perfect for a quiet chill out holiday apart from the road behind, which can be a little noisy at times. The beach is never busy and the kayaks were perfect for the odd little adventure.
My only criticism would be that we found the villa to be tired and in need of a bit of tlc. The first time we had a tropical downpour, to be expected, water poured through into the master bedroom wardrobe and there were lesser leaks in other areas, not to be expected.This was dealt with swiftly by the property managers the next day but we did have an evening of mopping up and emptying full sauspans. Not quite the five star experience we expected.
For this reason and only this reason would I rate the villa three star.
From the Owner
“We bought in Samui as we wanted somewhere away from the bustle of Hong Kong. We wanted a Villa that would give each member of the family a great holiday. Beachfront for sand castles, swimming and kayaking. A private pool, good quality accommodation and plenty of space for everyone including separate space for our nanny/helper. It is close to a good supermarket and easy to get to nice restaurants and other amenities.Yet it is private and peaceful, away from the major tourist centers of the Island. The fact that the Four Seasons chose the same location speaks volumes!”
Activity and Interests
Our beach is quiet, safe and very picturesque. Around the Island you will find numerous beautiful beaches a short drive or jeepney ride away.
20 minutes drive from the Airport. Take the ring road North from the airport. It is accessed by following the road out of the Airport to firstly BangRak, then Bophut. You pass the Fisherman's Village on your right, follow the bend round to the left and you intersect with the Ring Road at a T junction with traffic lights. Turn right and follow signs to Maenam. Go through Maenam then drive onto Bang Por. Just before you ascend the hill to Nathon you see Emerald Villas, No. 4.
We are 10 minutes from the Capital Nathon. Local restaurants are within walking distance but a car is advised to really explore the Island. There are numerous spas within 5 to 20 minute drive. One of our favourite towns is Bophut where you can find great restaurants. A little further and Cheong Mon Beach is another favourite.
Nathon has a Tesco as well as local markets with fresh fish and produce. Bakeries selling fabulous bread and cakes, ATMs and Seven Elevens are near by for convenience.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Oct 2016 - 10 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
19 Dec 2016 - 23 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
26 Jun 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£130|
The rates listed are for the whole property. A deposit of 20% will be payable on confirmation of the booking and will be non refundable in the case of cancellation, balance 4 weeks prior to arrival. The villa is rented out as a whole unit with maximum occupancy of six guests, not including babies and nannies. Car hire and basic food provisions can be arranged in advance.
Changeover days and arrival times are flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per night in US dollars.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We enjoy staying here as we connect as a family. We do have Satellite TV and wi fi but we rarely use it. We play monopoly, go swimming, get a chef in occasionally to cook, enjoy an in-Villa massage etc. We don't feel the need to sight see, we just laze by the pool and enjoy the scenery and fresh air! I think our beach location gives our Villa a special feel.The rooms are lovely and big with teak and rattan furniture that we have bought over the years,and it just feels like a home away from home. Twice weekly cleaning means no housework and with cheap eats readily available, limited cooking. However if the children want something simple we can make it for them. We do not have in house staff which I enjoy as we have our privacy.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Master bathroom has a large walk in shower, wc, sunken bath and double basins. A skylight adds a luxurious touch. Bedroom two, en-suite, large double ended bath, walk in shower, wc and double basins. Bedroom 3 en-suite has a walk in shower, wc and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom is on the ground floor. With a four poster bed, doors to the garden and stunning en-suite. Bedroom 2 is upstairs with twin beds that can be joined to make a kingsize, and en-suite. Bedroom 3 is in the pool villa, twin/kingsize and en-suite.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Our villa suits couples who each want a good sized room with total privacy and luxury. If you are a family travelling with relatives who would like separate accommodation then the layout of main and pool villa will suit well. Young children will find toys including toys for the beach and pool. The large room in the pool villa makes an ideal space to relax and play as you take breaks from the beach or pool. We have endeavored to provide beautiful furniture and fabrics throughout to give the feel of a real touch of Asian luxury. We have a great management team who will make your arrival and stay relaxing and easy. Outside: Outside the pool villa there is a sala with table and chairs. This a perfect place to enjoy the breeze and alfresco dining. The garden has lush green borders and tall palm trees. It wraps around the house and provides plenty of space to relax and /or play. The pool is well designed for safety, with only one entry point into a shallow paddling area. This leads to the deeper water and a underwater bench which is a good place to sit with a cool drink. The beach has great shade from large trees and the shallow water shelves very gently to a coral reef with snorkelling. We have four sun loungers and the garden is lit at night making sun downers very pleasant! We also have two kayaks, a three seater and a one seater. Utility Room: The laundry is located in the pool villa and has a washing machine and sink. It also stores the toys and some of the baby equipment including bed rails, baby bath, potty and pushchair. More can be found in bedroom 2. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, including beach towels, sheets etc are provided, a maid service can be organised twice a week. Dressing gowns, toiletries and slippers add to feeling of being spoilt. A cot can be set up for babies. Let us know your bedroom set up preference. Other: The pool villa is a great building. Can be used as a self contained unit with bed 3, kitchenette and shower. The best feature of the building is a big, cool and airy room with high teak ceilings, fans and folding doors opening to garden, pool and beach.