Holiday House in Triora, Liguria, Italy - Wonderful Mountain Views from Terrace, Balconies and Garden, 40 Mins from the Med
Blessed with spectacular views, this detached house is situated in the beautiful medieval mountain village of Triora in the Maritime Alps - yet only 40 minutes from the Mediterranean sea. Beautiful towns such as San Remo and Taggia are close and only a little further are the French resorts of Menton, Monaco and Nice. The house, which sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms has been completely restored and is fully equipped with all modern conveniences. It has the benefit of 2 balconies, a vine-covered terrace for outside eating and a small garden. Triora is a perfect holiday location for exploring the local area and its amazing towns and villages, observing the varied wildlife, dipping in local rivers, walking the mountain footpaths directly from the house or just relaxing and enjoying the wonderful scenery. In the local area there are many excellent restaurants. In the village itself there are 2 restaurants, a general shop and a bakery. A perfect holiday spot!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Perfect location, wonderful views... really felt like home with books and CDs etc. So much nicer than an hotel. The house is beautifully equipped, the views were amazing and we spent much time just soaking it all in.
So tranquil when you want it to be. So much to do when you feel active!
What fun! Med in the morning, lovely lunch on the way home and memories of amazing night skies viewed from the balcony.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Triora itself is a fascinating and historic medieval village, with many ancient churches and buildings. There is a museum of witchcraft and witches, for the town suffered badly during the time of the Inquisition. It is sometimes rather tackily celebrated today! In the surrounding hills and mountains there is a variety of long or short walks for the casual rambler or the determined hiker and mountain bikers will find many excellent tracks. The wild life in the Argentina valley is famous. There are music courses which are run in the town, which require separate booking and the area could be considered an artist's paradise. Those interested in the local Ligurian cuisine, will be spoilt for choice and quality in the restaurants in the area. Throughout the summer many villages hold festivals and markets. Mushrooms are something of a speciality!
There are many splendid sandy beaches along the Mediterranean coast, which is thirty five minutes drive away. The nearest beach is at Arma di Taggia. Swimming and other water sports are catered for. There are plenty of public areas on the beach but it is probably worth paying a small amount to hire a shaded lounger in the many available private areas. The French resorts are just a little further west along the coast. There are several mountain pools much nearer the house for a cool dip.
The nearest airport is Nice about one and a half hours away. Genoa is about two hours. There is a train station at Arma di Taggia. We would consider that hiring a car is essential if you are not using your own car.
Molini is 5 minutes away for additional shops and restaurants. Taggia and Arma di Taggia are 35 minutes away at the coast. The other beautiful towns and villages of the local area are too numerous to mention but all within an hour's journey on spectacular roads.
In Triora there is a hotel/restaurant and two other restaurants as well as a bar. There is a general store, a small fruit and vegetable shop, a hairdresser's, a hardware shop, a bakery (making the famous pane di Triora) and a couple of gift shops. There is a superb delicatessen. In Molini there is a butcher's and an excellent general store , which sells virtually everything except fresh meat. The fruit and vegetables are very good. There is also a pharmacy and a cash point. There are supermarkets at Arma di Taggia. There are, of course many other restaurants within easy driving distance.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 25% is required to confirm the booking. A returnable breakage deposit of 200 euros is required. Please note that the cleaning fee of 50 euros (cash) is NOT included in the price.
Depending on frequency of booking we are flexible about changeover days to allow you flexibility in booking flights. The number of days you wish to hire the house is not restricted to full weeks.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property for 2/4 persons in UK pounds.
For shorter lettings - price on application.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The tiled bathroom contains a cabinet shower, wash basin and lavatory. There is a second lavatory with wash basin in the utility room off the terrace.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Two double bedrooms. The first has a king-sized bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and there is a door to a balcony. The second has a double bed, wash hand basin, hanging space and small chest. A hair drier is available. Both rooms have lovely views.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Downstairs: entrance hall, bathroom with shower, washbasin and WC First floor: main bedroom with double bed and door leading on to balcony. Second bedroom with double bed and wash basin. Second floor: large sitting room/dining area with French windows leading onto an upper balcony. Another door leads to a vine-shaded terrace, complete with table for eating. Steps lead to the garden. From both of the balconies, the terrace and the garden, there are spectacular valley and mountain views. In the living area is a CD player, games, puzzles and local maps for guests to use. The kitchen area is well equipped with electric cooker, gas hob, fridge/freezer and dishwasher. Off the terrace is a utility room with WC, wash-basin and washing machine. Also there is ironing equipment, cool bags and beach mats. In the garden shed are loungers, barbecue materials and garden chairs. All linen is provided except beach towels. Outside: You have several choices of outside areas! There are two balconies, a sizeable shaded terrace and a small garden. They are south/south west facing and have glorious views across the hills and mountains. Utility Room: There is a full sized washing machine, iron, ironing board, drying rack and cleaning materials. There is a second lavatory and wash basin here too. A coolbox and beach mats are also available. The gas boiler which provides the hot water is sited here. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen, bath and hand towels are provided within the price. Swimming towels not provided. Essentials for the kitchen are also provided along with basic cooking ingredients for your use. The house is thoroughly cleaned before and after each letting. Other: There is an large folding table available for dining on the terrace and another in the garden above. There are two garden loungers. A continental style washing line is on the main terrace. There are two small folding tables which can be used outside.