Bungalow in Huggate, York, Yorkshire Wolds, England, UK - Peaceful Hamlet On The Yorkshire Wolds, Walking Or Riding A Must On The Wolds Way And Minster Way
A tastefully furnished bungalow in its own grounds for holiday makers, ramblers and those travelling long distance for Naturopathic Treatments, Allergy Treatments or folks just wanting to escape to the country. Lounge dining room, breakfast kitchen, conservatory with dining area, reading/games room, two bedrooms and large entrance hall. To the rear and side of the bungalow is a patio and garden, exercise pool and spa can be booked for private use in the neighbouring area. Wheelchair access throughout is good being all on one floor. Well behaved dog welcome (only one dog at a time) in the reading/games room only. No smoking within the property please, every effort is made to keep the property as allergy free as possible.
About the Owner
Homely owner looks for perfection and caring for others in the tranquil countryside. A local girl brought up in the village having travelled the world on business now enjoys being back home in the pleasant scenic countryside that is hard to beat anywhere in the world.
Also offering allergy treatments and general well being assessments.
Languages spoken are English and German.
Guestbook comments from the owner
‘This is the quietest place we have been to, thank you for such a relaxing home from home feel, and cool in the hot summer too’
'So much bigger than it looks on the photographs, we just love coming back and back again'
‘The holistic approach to well being is much appreciated, a true place to unwind’
We come back for our 3 day stay every month to relax because of the peace and tranquility, we rattle around in the larger than average rooms, very spacious.
From the Owner
“Bought the property to be able to offer accommodation for patients attending the allergy clinic and also for holiday makers who like to relax in a relatively unspoilt part of the UK.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ramblers will enjoy the beauty of the Yorkshire Wolds.
Wolds Pamper Days and Weekends - Unwind, have a naturopathic health assessment, allergy checks and energy balancing, have treatments to assist the absorption of basic nutrients and much more; put right the stresses of everyday living that impact on the immune system. Special weekends - reflexology, Indian head massage, chair back massage, meditation, Hopi ear candles, crystal healing, walks in the country, exercise pool, hot tub spa. Holistic healthcare advice, diagnoses and therapies available - Naturopathy, allergy elimination, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Iridology, Chinese medicine, Nutrition, ear candling.
The coast is 16 miles to Bridlington and Flamborough then further to contrasting beaches - Scarborough, Flamborough, Robin Hoods Bay and Whitby. Malton is on the way over to Pickering, the North Yorkshire Moors and Whitby.
Leeds Bradford airport, Humberside airport are approximately one hour distance by car and Hull ferry port 45 minutes.
15 minutes drive to the market towns Driffield, Pocklington, and 20 minutes to Beverley (with Minster) and Malton each have a good selection of shops, supermarkets and a market days. Stamford Bridge and famous battle site of 1066 is on the way to the historic walled city of York in just 18 miles.
Huggate is a remote hamlet on the Yorkshire Wolds, a farming community with local characters and friendly ambience. Highlights are the Village church with spire, one of the deepest wells in England. The bungalow is a two minute walk away from the village 16th Century historic free house inn, The Wolds Inn, one of the best eating houses in the county which offers an excellent selection of traditional English meals in a Yorkshire portion size and excellent beer. For the outdoor folk rambling and walking are the main activities for visitors, right out from the doorstep onto the Wolds Way or Minster Way or down the valley to Millington Wood. Other local activities within 20 minutes include golf, fishing, and horse riding.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Minimum stay is 3 nights offering midweek and weekend short breaks. A 50% deposit is required upon booking with the balance payable on or before 4 weeks prior to arrival date. We also ask for a £200 deposit refundable less amounts for breakages, damage and any extra cleaning that maybe required.
Arrival time 3pm and departure time 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in British pounds for weekly stays. Special offers for Holistic Healthcare Clients and longer stays.
£40 per person per night for patients receiving treatment at the clinic
£128 per night family holidays
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The main benefits are peace and tranquillity, large spacious rooms, a large selection of books and board games, with activities from swimming, table tennis to chilling in the hot spa :o)”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub ...
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1. Large family bathroom with corner bath, separate shower, basin and WC. 2. En-suite to main bedroom with shower, basin and WC. 3. Separate WC and basin by utility and reading/games room.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5/6 (2 Bedrooms) plus large cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king sized bed, large cot and en-suite shower and toilet. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Dining room 2 with double bed settee.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Family friendly property with books, board games and fitness activities from walking in the fresh country air to table tennis and badminton. Peaceful surroundings and a sun trap on the patio, great to get away from the rush and bustle of daily life. Well behaved dog welcome (only one dog at a time) in the games room only. No smoking within the property please, every effort is made to keep the property as allergy free as possible. Outside: Private drive and off road parking for 2 cars. Neighbouring facilities can be booked close by; Training pool 12x20ft and Spa hot tub open all year. Self service DIY livery and grazing for horses. Utility Room: Utility room with iron, ironing board, washing machine, tumble dryer, hairdryer. Outside a washing line and pegs provided. Drying in boiler room also. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Duvets, linen and towels are provided (please bring own cot bedding). If you are staying for two weeks and would like a mid stay clean and sheet change then please let us know. Other: Conservatory with dining table and chairs to enjoy the. Games/reading room with full size table tennis, exercise row machine and a large selection of books, toys and board games. For children - Child's rocking chair and small dining table and chairs.