House in Shoreham-by-Sea, Nr Brighton, Worthing, Sussex, England, UK - Direct Beach Access
A perfect base for families wishing to enjoy a seaside holiday. Beachside is a spacious beachfront property which has direct access onto Shoreham beach from the large south facing garden, with amazing views along the coast to Brighton in the East and Worthing to the West. The area is perfect for water sports, fishing, sailing, bird-watching and walking with the rolling South Downs and plenty of National Trust homes and gardens also nearby. Shoreham beach is popular for activities such as swimming, windsurfing and kite-surfing, and is also ideally located for walking on the Sussex Downs.
About the Owner
I was born in Shoreham and moved abroad after college to work within the hotel industry. I came back with my husband who is originally from Oxford. He was very happy to move here to Shoreham by Sea as he loves all water sports and this is an ideal beachfront town. We have one daughter and 2 little cats, aptly called Surf and Ski! We enjoy all outdoor life and are a very sporty family whom enjoy surfing, skiing, netball and triathlons etc.
From the Owner
“My in laws didn't hesitate to buy this house when it came up for sale. We used to live directly opposite so we knew the house well and the amazing location of it. It is a lovely spacious detached property and suits a family group perfectly. We regularly have 3 generations of family that rent Beachside. It has a large garden with direct access onto the beach, not many properties can boast that! Shoreham by Sea is a great place to be, it has a great variety of shops, restaurants and activities all within easy reach. We have the South Downs on the northern side of the River Adur, Worthing and Chichester to the West and Brighton & Hove City to the East.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking, cycling and hiking are popular on the Sussex Downs. Horse riding, swimming, water sports, mini golf, pitch and putt, go-carts, horse racing and sightseeing are all available here. Local climbing wall centre, kyaking and sailing. Why not take to the skies and have a flying lesson at Shoreham Airport.
Water skiing! There is a local place which rents out jet ski's for those who like their water sports, and Hove Lagoon if you'd like to hire or learn to windsurf. Kite surfing tuition can be arranged (subject to winds). They also have a pull line to enjoy wake boarding in the lagoon!
Gatwick airport 35 miles with a direct train to Shoreham train station. London by train 1 hour 20 approx. Shoreham train 10 mins walk. Brighton 20 mins on train or 20 mins drive. Worthing 15 mins drive. All services are very easy and close by.
Shoreham-by-Sea is a 5 minute walk over the River Adur footbridge.
Nearby is a convenience store, Chinese, pizza and Indian takeaway, seafood cafe/ restaurant, post office, surf shop, hairdressers and Pub. There are several restaurants, bars, pubs, cafes and shops in Shoreham Town.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
9 Sep 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
21 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
MIMIMUM 3 NIGHTS STAY! 7 nights, 3 nights and 4 nights bookings taken. 3 and 4 nights are 75% of the weekly price. 25% of booking price required as a deposit. Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. There is a returnable security/ cleaning deposit cheque of £150 to be received at least 1 week prior to arrival.
Mondays and Fridays changeover days. Arrival 3pm. Departure 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property in UK pounds.
Please email or call to check availability. 7 nights, 3 nights and 4 nights bookings taken. 3 and 4 nights are 75% of the weekly price. 25% of booking price required as a deposit. Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. A returnable security/ cleaning deposit cheque of £150 to be received at least 1 week prior to arrival.
Security deposit required one week prior to arrival date.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We aim for the highest standard of cleanliness and comfort at Beachside so guests can arrive, relax and get straight into holiday mode.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Ocean View
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- horse riding
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite from main bedroom, through the bunk bedroom, bath and power shower over bath. Family bathroom with bath and power shower over bath. Downstairs electric shower room and WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms) plut Cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 and 5 with King bed, single bed, cot with adjoining door to bunk bedroom and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with King bed with sea views. Bedroom 3 with twin with views. Bedroom 4 with single and pull out single with sea views.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: We allow for one dog and charge £25 for the week. The downstairs is mainly wooden flooring and the stairs are open tread. Refurbished throughout, with 5 bedrooms and3 bathrooms, it is furnished and equipped to a very good standard. Large first floor balcony is an ideal spot to enjoy the breathtaking panoramic sea views. Outside: The garden is secure and mainly pebbles. We provide 2 BBQ'S for your use. There is a garden table and chairs on the patio.There is parking for several cars on the private driveway. The garden is secure and mainly pebbles. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen, towels and tea towels are provided and included in the rental price. If you have a 2 week booking, linen is changed on the middle Friday or not if you prefer. Other: Lovely spacious welcoming hallway with welcome pack and local information and table football. We have WiFi.