Villa in La Herradura, Costa Tropical, Spain - Outstanding Sea and Mountain Views with Private Pool superb elevated position ..total privacy .
Villa Aguilera is an impressive and spacious house built in traditional Andalucian style over five floors with private lift and swimming pool. The villa enjoys spectacular views and total privacy from an elevated position on the exclusive Punta de la Mona with an eastward aspect along the coast to Salobrena. 15m swimming pool with jacuzzi. Lift to four floors. Free Wi-Fi internet connection. Freeview plasma TV with DVD in lounge. CD player/radio. Washer and dryer in utility room Miele kitchen appliances including microwave with convection over and grill. Dishwasher. Garden furniture with BBQ. 50 mins from Malaga airport. 1 hour from Granada.
Top Traveller Review
What a lovely villa
About the Owner
My wife Sue and I fell in love with la Aguilera one stormy day just before Christmas 1999, we completed the purchase 8 days later and have enjoyed many family holidays in la Herradura. The house and area is a total contrast to our home in the UK in a lakeland village near to Keswick. We really enjoy the seclusion and the views along the coast and down to the marina there is always activity yet we are detatched in our private eyrie. The house remains cool even during the summer due to the sea breezes which start mid morning A perfect nights sleep is guaranteed by the sound of the waves on the beach below. The nearby town and villages are predominantly Spanish unlike the western costas yet there are new golf courses, and superb coast and mountain scenery, Malaga is under 1 hour - Perfect!
Guestbook comments from the owner
July 2009...wow what a holiday! We were totally overwhelmed by the house and its amenities, lots of space and fantastic views yet very private with a superb pool, in fact we all felt very priveliged to stay at what must be one of the best villas on the Spanish Costas. Sue, Alan Carr and family York UK
October 2011......all i can say is that La Aguilera is the most beautiful,comfortable ,stunning villa we have ever rented and yes we will be back .We had two fantastic weeks and were surrounded by so much beauty we were tempted not to leave the house . however there was so much to tempt us we did all the local towns and Granada to boot.Thanks you for letting us share your Spanish idyll.
Alison and Mark
October 2011. Keith,i thought i would drop you a line to thank you for letting us use your beautiful home in La Herradura.
Sally and i had a fantastic week last week and thoroughly enjoyed the house and its facilities.We wanted for absolutely nothing during our stay!
John & Sally
1 holidaymaker review
What a lovely villa
We stayed for a week with friends to celebrate a special birthday. What a beautiful villa and everything exactly as shown in the photos. Wonderful views. A wealth of lovely, tasteful features. The kitchen is very well fitted, with quality appliances and an abundance of good quality crockery/glassware etc. It would have been tempting to stay put in such lovely surroundings, but we explored the area and went to some really nice places. You really need to have a car here. Can highly recommend a stay here, and I hope we can come back one day.
From the Owner
“Living and working in Keswick allegedly the wettest albeit most beautiful part of England we need ed a change for the winter months, La Herradura has everything, great coastal views, mountain scenery but the biggest bonus is the abundance of warm sunny days.”
Activity and Interests
There are two beaches within 5 mins. Marina del Este is a 5 min drive from the villa and has many excellent bar, restaurant, art galleries and a dive centre. Adjacent to the Marina is a sheltered shingle beach with safe swimming and some of the best diving in Southern Spain. La Herradura is about 1k and has a 2k horse-shoe shaped bay, a fine beach with a choice of bar and chiringuitos.
Malaga airport 50 mins. Easy Jet Monarch, Ryan Air ... Car hire is recommended.
La Herradura village 20 mins walk / 5 mins drive. Almunecar - 10 mins drive. Nerja 20 mins. Granada 1 hour.
La Herradura has many bars and restaurants - all within walking distance. For night life there is a late bar La Cochera which has regular live music and is immensely popular. As well as the local market for fresh produce, there are two bakeries and a number of small supermarkets. Recreation offers many choices – water sports, para-gliding, scuba diving, hand gliding, yacht charter, hiking and horse riding. For a special day the Caves at Nerja or an excursion to Granada to the Alhambra - booking is essential.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
- Booking Notes:
30% deposit booking is required with the balance due six weeks prior to your arrival. A £100 security deposit is charged but this is refunded within 7 days of departure.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We enjoy the total relaxation which recharges the batteries ...we could always stay for a few more days !!”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- All bedrooms have en suite facilities bath or shower and were totally updated in 2014/15
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 ,all en suite Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - large master suite with 6' double bed, bathroom with jacuzzi and separate shower. Bedroom 2 - large suite with double bed, bathroom, small sitting room and terrace. Bedroom 3 - twin en-suite bedroom. Bedroom 4 - twin en-suite bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Due to the many terraces and the swimming pool we must caution prospective guests that they must take responsbility for small children. Outside: Private 15m swimming pool and jacuzzi. The property has six terraces. Outdoor comfortable seating is provided on all terraces with loungers at pool level. BBQ and alfresco dining on the main terrace. Utility Room: Washer and dryer in separate utility room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The weekly cleaning cost is included in your bill but if you require a cleaner during your stay this can be arranged at extra cost. Towels and Egyptian bedlinen are provided and are changed weekly. Other: There is a study on the entrance floor with private terrace for quiet times. New for 2013 poolside dining area and bar .