Family Home in Fornalutx, Mallorca, Balearic Islands - Peaceful Location In Majorca's Most Beautiful Village
This unique house with stunning views of the Tramuntana mountains has been sympathetically refurbished to a very high standard. It offers five bedrooms (two double, two double/twin, one single) and five bathrooms, two of which are en-suite. It has a spacious, well-equipped kitchen, two living rooms, a dining room, an office with Wifi, a small reading room with spectacular views and an imposing entrance hall. It has two wood-burning stoves, air conditioning/ceiling fans, and central heating throughout. There is a private swimming pool, three large sunny terraces, and an intimate lower terrace. The house is surrounded by an established garden with citrus, almond and olive trees. The house itself is not accessible by car but a new car park enables nearby parking. There are wide, gently-rising, cobbled steps up to the property, typical for Fornalutx, which may make it unsuitable for guests with serious mobility issues.
Top Traveller Review
Great house in a great location!
About the Owner
Our family bought the house in Fornalutx because we love it. We hope that our guests will enjoy it as much as we do.
Guestbook comments from the manager
"It exceeded all our expectations"
'I would definitely recommend it - a unique and fabulous setting for a unique and fabulous house!'
'The village itself is lovely. To spend time in Fornalutx is to experience the essence of traditional Mallorcan life. A short walk from the house, down cobbled steps, brings you to the village square, where there are cafes, a grocery store, a village bakery, pharmacy, hairdressers and banks. Along the winding road leading into the village there are rustic restaurants perfect for enjoying lunch overlooking the orange grove-strewn mountain slopes.'
"Now back in Gothenburg, raining and a cold 10c, we still live in the "Sol y Montes" atmosphere. Fantastic."
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Great house in a great location!
We stayed at Casa Sol y Montes as a group of 8 including 2 young children. The house is set in beautiful gardens where lemons, limes, grapes and almonds grow in abundance. Inside the house there are so many rooms, nooks,crannies and balconies in which to spend time relaxing it is hard to know where to start. The owners really want you to feel this home away from home and it shows; the house is wonderfully equipped and we knew on arrival that we had made a great choice. With the children happy in the swimming pool, the house was the perfect spot to while away the hours in the sun before a short stroll down the cobbled lanes to the centre of beautiful Fornalutx and its smattering of bars and lovely restaurants. Without doubt the house met all all our expectations and more. We will be back!!
Beautiful house, fabulous views.
Sol y Montes is a wonderful house in which to stay in the lovely village of Fornalutx. We have visited Fornalutx many times; it is both relaxing and picturesque, and it has some great little restaurants and bars. The house itself is fantastic, sitting at the top of the village and accessed from steps. It is a traditional house that has been refurbished to a very high standard, combining Mallorquin style with modern facilities and it is very well equipped. The outside space is great and offers lovely gardens, a pool with great views and three terraces. The top terrace provides the best views in the village of the Tramuntana Mountains and the valley looking over to Soller, the perfect place for a glass of wine at the end of the day. The house and gardens are very well maintained and everything is exactly as described. The owners have done a fantastic job in creating a wonderful home. We are definitely returning!
A little piece of heaven.
We had an unforgettable time in Mallorca. We did so much all over the island and still had time to enjoy the house. We loved the town of Fornalutx. Out of all of the places we visited, I would love to live or spend more time there, just like you do. The little grocery store there in the center of Fornalutx has more selection than we thought possible! The views from the house, especially the upper-level terrace, are incredible. Thanks for sharing your home with us! You own a piece of heaven.
Ideas for other visitors: The pizza place down from the parking lot in Fornalutx is fabulous (Calzone, I think?)! Calas such as Sa Calobra, Deia, Llucalcari, Na Foradada, Cap de Formentor, Cala Murta, Cala Mitjana, Cala Torta, Es Trenc; The town of Deia, and Valledemosa.
All that was promised when I stayed. Lazy breakfasts and lounging by the pool combined with great walking, exploring and swimming in the sea at Soller for the active amongst us in the afternoon. A choice of terraces but they all have great views and catch the sun.
Unlike some other websites that use artistic licence the local village is indeed only 5 mins away. Soller is also walkable but if you don't want the walk back up the hill you will need a car or take the bus.
Parking always seemed to be available nearby and close to the villa.
All in all very well equipped and a very enjoyable stay. I have recommended it to friends and family.
From the Owner
“We hope that when guests stand on any one of the property's terraces, they'll understand the reason we bought it.”
Activity and Interests
Port Soller, the nearest port and beach, is a 10 minute drive from the house.
Fornalutx is 40 minutes drive from Palma airport. Car hire is recommended, but not essential. A taxi from the airport to Fornalutx costs around 55 euros.
Palma is a 30 minute drive through the tunnel or you can take the train or bus from Soller. Soller town is a 10 minute drive (40 minute walk) from Fornalutx. Deia and Valldemossa are about a 30 minute drive over the mountains. Pollensa is an hour away over mountain roads.
Fornalutx has several restaurants catering for all tastes and budgets. It has an excellent local supermarket, a bakery, chemist, bars, banks, hairdressers and a health centre. The local co-operative provides fresh produce and local wine at reasonable prices.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 50% discount is available for the second week of your stay. Please contact us for rates for longer stays.
Guests who wish to pay us direct to avoid additional fees from Owners Direct, are welcome to do so.
A deposit of 25% is required to secure a booking, with the full amount payable one month prior to arrival. Further details will be provided at the point of enquiry.
The changeover day, and arrival and departure times are flexible so that guests can take full advantage of cheap air fares.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in GB pounds. Guests staying for a fortnight will receive a 50% discount on the price of the second week. We would be happy to negotiate with you on rates for stays longer than a fortnight or on smaller groups.
The house is not suitable for guests with mobility issues. Please contact us to discuss its suitability.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A lovely house in a spectacular setting.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 450 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, toilet. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath, shower, toilet. Bathroom to bedroom 3 with shower and toilet. Bathroom to bedroom 4 with shower and toilet. Bathroom to bedroom 5 with shower and toilet.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (en-suite) with 5 foot double bed. Bedroom 2 (en-suite) with two single/double beds. Bedroom 3 with a six foot double bed. Bedroom 4 with two single/double beds. Bedroom 5 with one single bed.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Rates are shown per week (there is a one week minimum stay). Arrival and departure times are flexible to fit in with your flight times. Guests staying for a fortnight will receive a 50% discount on the price of the second week. We would be happy to negotiate with you on rates for stays longer than a fortnight or smaller groups. Pets are accepted by arrangement. No smoking in the house. Outside: The house is surrounded by an established garden with lemon, orange and almond trees. A donkey house and two wells add character. There are three large, south facing terraces and a small intimate terrace. On the terrace immediately outside the kitchen is a 3 x 6 metre private swimming pool. In addition is a hardwood table, eight chairs and nine sun loungers. On the middle terrace are two three seater sofas and there is a crow's nest with a circular table for evening drinks. On the top terrace, there is a circular table and chairs seating 8/9. In the garden live a family of outdoor cats who came with the property, and whom we have continued to look after - feeding them away from the house; this may be an issue to consider if you dislike or have an allergy to cats. Utility Room: The utility room on the first floor includes: A sink, washing machine, tumble dryer, drying rack, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is immaculate on arrival. Guests are responsible for keeping the property clean during their stay. Bathroom towels and bedlinen are included. Other: A large and characterful entrance hall with a wood-burning stove. A separate dining room and table seating 8/9. A study with WiFi. A small glass-fronted reading room on the top terrace and a large private garage (for 2+ cars) in the village centre.