Villa in Cordigliano, Nr. Todi, Umbria, Italy - Magical Setting in World of its Own
Casa dell'Usignolo is a 400 year old tastefully renovated farmhouse with all modern comforts, 12kms from the medieval hill-top town of Todi. It is peaceful and spacious with a beautiful garden and several shady terraces for outdoor eating. The magnificent pool (15 x 7 metres) is located on a lower level away from the house and the system has recently been changed to saline from chlorine. Casa dell'Usignolo is the ideal holiday home for a large family or two families who require plenty of space. It is also the perfect base for art lovers being within easy driving distance of the world's major art treasures.
About the Owner
I divide my time between London, where I have a small apartment near Regent's Park and my beautiful house in Umbria. The winters are spent in London as the Italian Villa doesn't have central heating. I usually fly with Ryanair from Perugia to Stansted. This is very convenient as Perugia airport is 45 mins' drive from Casa dell'Usignolo and parking is free!
I am now working as a hypnotherapist and have clients in London, Rome and Umbria. I love this work as I get great satisfaction from helping people to feel better. In particular I have had great success with smoking cessation.
For many years I was a teacher - modern languages at an F.E. College in London and subsequently taught English and Linguistics in Japan for 6 years.
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“When I bought my property in 1973, it was a tumbledown, neglected farmhouse with 250 sheep in residence in the stables downstairs. I was working in Rome at the time as a translator and Todi was a convenient distance for weekends. I was bowled over by the spectacular views and the spirituality of the landscape. I fell in love with the place the moment I saw it seeing only the vision of how I would renovate it blind to its defects. I had just been left a small legacy of £10,000 which, at that time, was sufficient to buy, renovate and furnish the place. When I was working in Japan and earning a huge salary I could afford to do some upgrading of kitchen, bathrooms etc. In 1996 I put in the pool and all the other amenities required for renting (screens, ceiling fans, satellite TV etc)”
Activity and Interests
Two hours to either coast by car. One hour to Lake Bolsena and approximately the same to Lake Trasimeno.
Nearest airport is Perugia (45 minutes) which has regular flights from Stansted. Two hours drive from Rome Fiumicino and a little less from Rome Ciampino. Car recommended.
8kms to nearest village and supermarket. 12kms to Todi, 35kms to Orvieto and 45kms to Perugia.
Tennis and riding nearby. Excellent restaurants in Todi, Perugia and Orvieto.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
30% deposit on booking and balance 2 calendar months before rental. 5% deposit of rental on arrival for breakages.
Saturday is changeover day. Arrival between 4 and 6pm. Departure before 10am. I provide a welcome basket of basics for arriving tenants.
Notes on prices:
Discounts of 10% for bookings made before the end of 2014 for a minimum of 2 weeks.
Reasonable B & B rates for 2 double rooms, each with bathroom, during gaps between rentals.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“For me, Casa dell'Usignolo is paradise. It is in a world of its own being at the end of a gravel track. In the Summer the pool is idyllic. It is the perfect place to relax completely. My tenants love it as it really is a 'home from home' with stacked bookshelves, piano, wonderful shady spots in the garden and complete peace and quiet. For energetic, early risers, there are wonderful walks in the fields and hills behind the house. If one feels like sightseeing, however, some of the most important art treasures in the world are within close range not to mention umpteen places of scenic beauty. There are frequent trains to Rome and Florence from Orvieto with free parking at the station. Todi itself is a flourishing cultural centre particularly in the Summer with many evening concerts.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- live theatre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- 400 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, shower, wc, bidet. No 2 bathroom serving bedrooms 2 and 3 with bath, shower, wc, bidet No 3 en-suite to bedroom 4 with jacuzzi bath, separate shower area, wc No 4 with bedroom 5 - bath, shower, wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with queen size bed. Bedroom 2 with queen size bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 with queen size bed. Bedroom 5 with twin beds.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: All windows and doors are screened. Outside: Large terraced garden with several patios. Pool is 15 x 7 metres and is private. There is a shower under an olive tree near the pool. Barbecue on one of the terraces in sheltered position. Plenty of elegant garden furniture. Utility Room: The washing machine is in bathroom 4. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linens are included (including swimming towels) and are changed once a week. Property is cleaned once a week with extra cleaning if required paid by clients. Other: The dining room is very large with an antique table seating 12.