Apartment in Teseguite, Nr. Teguise, Lanzarote, Canary Islands - Walkers And Birdwatchers Rewarded Tranquil Setting And Magnificent Views
Casa Reno, although only a short drive from the beaches, is in a rustic setting and the atmosphere is easy and cosy. This spacious apartment, in a typical Canarian village is in a very secure location, has its own entrance and entrance hall opening onto partially shaded front garden with superb views across to the sea. This apartment which comprises, entrance hall, one bedroom, sitting room, large kitchen, side patio, bathroom incorporating shower room, is recently refurbished. Guests are encouraged to make use of the front garden or the side patio for BBQs. Bus services run through the village and are very inexpensive.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The Averys have stayed with us for the past two years and have managed the bus service well.
The Larks, former residents of Lanzarote, have returned annually, for the past six years and after their last stay of five weeks, when they used the bus service, said it was the best holiday they had spent on the island so far.
Linda and Stuart who live in Rhodes stayed for five weeks in 2010 and on leaving put down a deposit of 100 euros as a deposit for 2011 when they not only returned but brought 2 friends and joined in Carnaval in costumes made by Deirdre- Shaun the sheep!! It was also their suggestion that our logo should be our logo should include "arrive as a guest leave as a friend" They will be comng to stay again this year.
French friends, a couple and their 2 daughters from Paris have stayed here at least five times and both girls have come individually to improve their language skills
James and Margaret from Scotland have made a two month stay for the last 3 years
Linda Hawkes has stayed with us during August for the past three years
From the Owner
“Casa Reno was a large family house consisting of 8/9 bedrooms which we have converted into two large apartments. The village is very quiet and rustic affording tranquility and security. Our neighbours are friendly and the social club welcoming. The views from the house are stunning with aspects to the sea and the nearby extinct volcanoes.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking, cycling, swimming, surfing windsurfing, kite surfing and hang gliding all within easy reach. Scuba diving and sailboarding courses are available in Costa Teguise 15 minutes away. An excellent opportunity for birdwatchers- migratory birds as well as some rare species are often seen on walks from the house.
There are many beaches only 15 minutes away by car. A local beach unspoilt but with good fish restaurants and a beach bar at Arrieta and a tourist resort of Costa Teguise with shops, windsurfing and diving instruction, as well as varied restaurants and pubs.
The airport at Guacimeta (Arrecife) is 30 mins by car on easy roads. Car hire is available at the airport and recommended for sightseeing, however there are local buses which provide a comfortable and cheap alternative. Guests can be met and accompanied from the airport if required.
We can, generally, on application make our ancient Twingo available to guests on an ad hoc basis.
Teseguite is 2 miles from Teguise, the old capital which affords restaurants,bars, shops and a very popular market on Sundays. The castle above Teseguite, houses an interesting museum and can be reached either on foot (40 mins) or by car. Places of interest to visit nearby include volcanic caves with occasional concerts, cactus garden, Cesar Manrique foundation of former local and influential architect , bird park and ferry to nearby island, La Graciosa, for a day trip to another world!
There is a bank in Teguise with an ATM and various other cash machines are in most areas. Good dining in Teguise at night, wine and tapas bars during the day and early evening. There is also a larges supermarkets, with butchers and delicaressen counters in Teguise.
In recent years, with a new mayor in Teguise, various cultural and gastronomic events are staged. Concerts of classical and folklore are frequently held in this little town which was the Islands old capital. A charming place to stroll through cobbled streets unhindered by traffic, enjoy a coffee or a glass of wine and a tapa and watch the world go by. We have an A-Z of things to do and places personally recommended by our many guests.
As Lanzarote has so much to offer we recommend hiring a car which is very reasonable, but the more adventurous can avail themselves of a much improved bus service. Taxis are also reasonably priced.
- Booking Notes:
Bookings can be made by telephone or email. A 10% non-refundable deposit to be paid at time of booking. Balance to be paid 6 weeks before arrival date.
Payment in sterling can be made by cheque or bank transfer.
No specific changeover day.
Notes on prices:
Apartment for 2 people is as advertised £190 per week for up to four weeks thereafter £150 per week.
A daily rate of £35 for additional days.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Teseguite is situated almost in the centre of the island which makes for easy access to any part on roads that are good and uncongested. While there are regular bus services we do advise hiring a car which is both extremely affordable and petrol is currently about 1 euro a litre! reflected by our lower prices. There are some enjoyable walks directly from the house where not only the unique scenery but also rare bird life can be observed. The local social club is run on a franchise and currently opens from Wednesday to Sunday offering cheap simple meals and subsidized bar prices- as members, we can introduce our guests. The nearby old capital of Teguise has a renowned Sunday market as well as some excellent restaurants offering local and international dishes.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Large bathroom, in apartment with separate recently refurbished shower room, washing machine, sink and toilet. There is an iron and ironing board and also a hairdryer.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/3 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Apartment 1 large bedroom with double bed, wardrobe and dressing table, views across garden out to sea sleeps 2 only( singles can use double + single Zbed)
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: We aim to make your stay a home from home and therefore supply dressing gowns and slippers. We can arrange a daily fresh bread delivery service Daily cryptic crosswords can be provided. If your arrival is late afternoon or you have had a really early start we can provide a cooked supper for a small consideration. We have luggage scales! Another bathroom on the same floor with bath and bidet is available to guests on request. Outside: The front garden is for the pleasure of our guests and has a BBQ. with garden bench, wrought iron table and chairs where guests can enjoy a quiet read under a shady tree or under the gazebo, cushions are also provided. Utility Room: No utility room but drying area in side patio. In winter months a heated towel rail is available in the bathroom and an additional portable drying rack. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels for use in the apartment(1 set of bath, hand face towels per week) and for the beach are provided . Linen also is included. Maid cleaning service is available once a week at extra charge of 20 euros. The apartment will be cleaned before arrival. Other: The large entrance hall with front door open affords pleasant views when sitting indoors in the evening. Internet radio where you can listen to all your favourite radio stations or any other worldwide. A gas heater is available for chilly evenings.