House in Pissos, Les Landes, Aquitaine, France - 40 Minute Drive From The Atlantic Coast
Beautifully and carefully renovated, spacious 4 bedroom, Archachon style house with 10 x 5 metre swimming pool. The garden has an outdoor covered seating area, where you can enjoy BBQ's, the swimming pool and garden.
The house sits on the outskirts of Pissos village within the Aquitaine region of France, which offers an extensive coastline of soft, white sandy beaches. Tranquil lakes, are nestled in the pine forest offering a place for water sports, swimming or simply relaxing.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Myself and husband have had our French home for a number of years, we have lovingly restored it and modernised the house, whilst keeping original features wherever possible.
Guestbook comments from the owner
I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful holiday we have had. Your house (and pool!) is so beautiful and so well equipped that we didn't want to come home! We loved Pissos - the boulangerie, the pizzaria, the creperie, and the surrounding area... All just lovely! Thank you so much. The very relaxed Harrison family 2013
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
What a great house! Well kitted out in the kitchen, good sized pool and good internet link. We were two families with teenagers and toddlers, good shops and restaraunts in the village and less than an hour away from the beach. Will definitely consider returning again sometime.
A wonderful, relaxing holiday
We had a fabulous family holiday in this lovely, well equipped property. It's beautifully furnished, with lots of character - and a fantastic collection of books to dip into. Pissos village had everything we needed, and there's a large supermarket about 15 mins drive away. We had great fun shopping for souvenirs and exploring the beaches at Bicarrosse and spent long, lazy days relaxing in the garden by the wonderful pool. In fact, we enjoyed it so much we've booked to return this summer. We can't wait!
A beautiful property
A beautiful, spacious property, that is very well equipped. The pool was fabulous and very well maintained. Pissos is an attractive village with enough facilities that you don't have to drive elsewhere to shop or eat out, although the surrounding area is worth exploring. We would recommend this property for a relaxing family holiday.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with the natural aspects of the region, forest, lakes and Atlantic coastline. Also, with the food, wine and the kind nature of those people who live in the village.”
Activity and Interests
Biscarosse beach is a 40 minute drive with soft white sandy beaches and the Atlantic sea is perfect for surfers.
Biscarosse lake is a 30 minute drive, with pine trees, water activities, large marina, restaurants, bars and beach.
Hostens lake is a 15 minute drive, suitable for water activities, cycling, swimming and sunbathing on the beach area.
Parentis en Born lake 30 minutes drive away, again with sandy beach.
Bordeaux airport 45 minute drive.
Biarritz airport 1hr 15 minutes.
St Malo port 6hr drive.
Pissos village 5 minute walk.
Parentis en Born 30 minute drive (nearest large supermarket).
There is 240km of coastline to explore north and south of the house.
The historic city of Bordeaux is 45 minute drive.
Biarritz and the basque region is 1hr 15 minute drive.
Arcachon is 40 minutes drive.
The village of Pissos is very pretty and has good facilities - a supermarket, 2 boulangeries, a butchers, newsagents, flower shop, library, a glassblowers with a beautiful shop attached, hairdressers, tennis courts and public outdoor swimming pool. There's also a pharmacy, two restaurants, one traditional and the other serving pizza and a local bar. Activities in the village include, horse riding, forest walks and there is a canoeing centre by the river. Near the outdoor pool is also a creperie in beautiful surroundings, serving crepes, snacks and drinks.
There is a doctors surgery located near to the fire station in the village
Pets accepted, but please confirm with owners prior to booking.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
Booking can be made by telephone to mobile/home number or by email. 25% to be paid at time of booking - non refundable. 75% to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival date, with a £400 deposit, returned within 14 days of departure following inventory check. Meet and greet and check out in French or English.
House information pack e mailed to guests 8 weeks prior to travel on payment of balance for the holiday.
Saturday during holiday period, flexible outside of this time. Arrival after 5pm and departure by 10am. You will be met locally for key handover, check in and check out at the end of your holiday. Check in/out can be in English or French.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds or Euro equivalent.
Please enquire regarding prices outside of the summer season, on longer lets or weekend breaks, Easter, Xmas and New Year.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house offers the opportunity to get away from it all, with all the advantages of being in easy walking distance of amenities in the local village. The house has been sympathetically restored over a number of years. Whilst modernising the house we have kept as many original features as possible, including wooden floors, original Basque tiling in the entrance hall, fireplaces and French shutters. The pool is 10x4 metres and has roman steps for easy access. Our neighbours are kind, gentle people, always willing to help us, family and visitors practice speaking French.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs bathroom with bath/shower over, wc. Downstairs large shower room with walk in shower, wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Bedroom 4 with two single beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Smoking permitted outside only (covered veranda to front and side of house). House has full central heating for winter breaks and oak burner in the dining room. Wi fi internet provided. Outside: Private swimming pool 10 x 5m with Roman steps. Pool is cleaned by automatic robot daily and pool contract is in place for regular cleans and maintenance throughout the summer. Pool is framed by large patio area and decked area. The house sits in approximately a quarter of an acre of land. Sun loungers provided. Teak patio table with seating for 8 complete with lazy susan. This sits under a large wooden extension, providing a beautiful shaded area for eating or relaxing! Weber gas BBQ. Automatic irrigation system in the garden waters the lawns and shrubs that surround the pool area. Fruit trees, comprising of apple, pear, nectarine and peach planted Autumn 2011 to the rear of the garden. Exterior light to seating area, exterior switch for pool light and electrical socket can all be found on rear wall of the pool house. Utility Room: Washing machine, fridge, ironing board, iron, hairdryer, large cool box, picnic basket, parasol and wind break for beach. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen included for period of let, towels not included. Property cleaned prior to arrival. Additional cleaning requests can be facilitated locally at guest request and payment. Please leave house clean on departure. Other: Study with desk & book case, large library of books for guest use. Variety of board games available. Dining room with wood burner, set in stone surround & original fire place. Dried oak available on request. Propane & butane for BBQ & cooker included