Villa in Almyrida, Nr. Chania, Crete, Greek Islands - Large Private Infinity Pool, Poolside BBQ Kitchen, Stunning View, 10 Mins walk to Beach
Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway or a relaxing vacation with your family, villa Asteria is the perfect place for you. The villa superbly situated on the tranquil bay of Almyrida, with breathtaking panoramic views across the Aegean Sea and spectacular white mountain backdrop. From the peace and serenity of the private grounds, a gentle stroll leads to the sandy beach and pretty cove, lined with romantic waterside tavernas. The location is ideal for exploring the surrounding countryside, ancient archaeological sites and the historical yet modern town of Chania with its beautiful Venetian harbour. The villa has peaceful setting and a large private salt water swimming pool overlooking the sea. All bedroom doors open onto balconies and terraces with spectacular views. The high quality accommodation features all modern conveniences including Satellite TV, DVD and air-conditioning/heating.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We all had the best holiday ever, your villa is so beautiful and the views are amazing. It was like paradise, waking up every morning to sunshine, spectacular views and feeling like in the middle of nowhere. Will definitely recommend your villa to all we know.
Jacky Rodens, Summer 2010
We had a fantastic holiday in your villa – in terms of quality, comfort, location and view, it really was the best we have ever stayed in. The shady areas were really handy, the pool was perfect and even the beds were comfy – which you don’t often find in holiday villas!! -David and family, August 2011
2 holidaymaker reviews
Just got back from a fantastic stay in this wonderful villa. The views are spectactular and it is lovely and peaceful. The villa is private as is the pool, it has a beautiful veranda balcony overlooking the town and the bay. The villa is in very good condition and is well looked after, it is air conditioned throughout, the pool is of a good length and is in good condition, the rooms are of a good size and would easily accomodate 8 people, the kitchen is well stocked and functional. We loved this place and Wendy the owner was very helpful in booking it and with advice on how to get there etc. Had a really comfortable and relaxing ten days and would definitely return in the future.
Just returned from a wonderful family holiday to this villa.
The views were spectacular from every angle - sea and mountains.
The position was very private and peaceful but easy to walk down into the town, although a taxi back in the evenings was welcome!
We didn't find it necessary to hire a car, especially as a bus ran into Chania every day, and taxis were easy to find.
The villa is very well equipped, everything you could possibly need, all good quality, and very clean.
I would definitely return.
Activity and Interests
A 3 minutes drive or 10 minutes walk down the hill takes you to the blue flagged beach resort of Almyrida. The gentle sloping beach makes it very safe for children. More active holiday makers can make use of the windsurfing school or other boating pursuits. Kalives is a 7 min drive and is slightly larger then Almyrida with 2 big stretches of beaches. The nearby picturestique cove is ideal for snorkelling, diving or just jumping in!
Car hire is not essential. Bike hire is available at Almyrida.
Chania airport is only 40 minutes drive to the villa. Heraklion airport is 90 mins drive and has a larger selection of airlines. The drive from Heraklion is made easier by the National Highway. Detailed driving instructions are available from both airports to the villa.
Car hire is available with Auto Club, Kalives Travel or any of the main companies at both Airports.
Plaka for its restaurants, mini-market and selection of shops: 3 min drive. Kalives for its beach, restaurants, shops and supermarkets: 7 min drive.
Vamos for its restaurants, shops and supermarkets and 24 hr medical centre: 12 min drive.
Chania town, harbour, shops, cobbled lanes, market hall, leather stalls, restaurants and excursions: 25 min drive.
45 min drive away is a fabulous water park and go carts. In Chania you will find many museums and historic churches off quiet squares. There are many boat trips on offer from the historic harbour area as well as many fabulous restaurants. For the young at heart there are many bars and discos. Chania also provides a selection of tourist shops to top boutiques. The large historic covered market hall provides a different shopping experience one not to be missed. Above Chania towards the airport side are many coffee houses and restaurants that provide breathtaking views over the city. The villa is situated very well for exploring the many picture postcard villages in the mountains and around the coast. Only a short drive from the villa takes you to the lovely Lake Kournas (20 mins), Advacado Farms and villages (25 mins), and for longer drives take one of the many scenic drives through the white mountains to the south coast and bath in the Lybian Sea. There are many half and full day drives available.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Aug 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
31 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To make a booking, you can either call or email me. 30% non refundable deposit payable at time of booking with balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival. If booking made within 8 weeks, the full amount to be paid at time of booking. Payment can be made by bank transfer in Euros or Sterling.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor shower room with shower, WC and wash basin. First floor en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, WC, and wash basin. First floor second en-suite bathroom with shower, WC, and wash basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - situated on the ground floor with 2 single beds. Bedroom 2 - situated on the first floor with king size bed. Bedroom 3 - situated on first floor with king size bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Air conditioning to all rooms. There are terraces and gardens. The grounds are tidy, clean and well maintained. The property is child friendly. Outside: 5m stunning infinity pool with ample area for sitting or lounging around, perfect for take in the sun and the stunning views. The villa stands in 1000 square metres of grounds. There is a large covered terrace beside the pool with quality out door dinning table and chairs for alfresco dinning., There also is a poolside BBQ kitchen with sink, cupboards and serving worktop. Utility Room: The washing machine is located in the room under the stair case. There is an ironing board, iron, and clothes airer. hair dryers are also provided Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Quality towels and all linen are included. But excluding beach towels. The property will receive a full clean prior to guest arrival. If guests require further linen or towel change during their stay this can be arranged for a small fee.