Studio Apartment, Les Houches, Chamonix, Rhone Alps, France - Quiet, Great views, 3 Mins Walk to main 'La Prarion' Ski Lift
This compact studio apartment sleeps up to maximum four adults. The accommodation comprises bunk-beds upon entering, and a pull-out double sofabed in the lounge. Within the lounge there is a small kitchenette and dining table and chairs (perfect for making light meals), with French windows opening out onto a sun facing patio with picture postcard mountain views. The white 3-piece bathroom features a power shower and there is central heating throughout. A ski locker, a large storage cupboard and secure covered parking are also provided. The apartment is set in a quiet location, close to a lake and children’s playground with a tree rope safari, where you can picnic and fish in summer months and the SNCF train station is a convenient 5 minute stroll away.
About the Owner
In 2001, three friends shared a vision to own their own getaway in the French Alps.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Mr. A. Fawkner - 25.10.09
Ben,Thanks for letting us use the apartment we had a great time, the girls loved it, and the location was brilliant. I plan on coming back next year in July/ August to climb Mont Blanc maybe with a mate of mine, if you have availability I wouldn't hesitate in booking with you again, will contact you nearer the time. Thanks again, Alan
Mr. E Snowden 27.02.09
Every year 3 or 4 of us return to this compact yet pleasant apartment that offers all the necessary facilities required for our ski trip. Easy access to the slopes at Les Houches and a discounted ski hire rate negotiated via the owner enhance the experience.
3 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Basic but good value for money!
3 of us stayed here for a long weekend of skiing, and for this purpose the apartment was great. It's very basic but for a short stay it's fine.
- Extremely close to the bottom of the piste and the Prarion ski lift
- The apartment, although small, has all ameneties you would need and comfortably slept 3
- Fantastic price
- Owner sends you keys and a welcome pack by post, which meant that it was no problem that we arrived to the apartment past midnight!
- Some nice, reasonably priced restaurants in Les Houches (if you don't want to cook!)
- When we arrived, the apartment had not been serviced. I hope this was an isolated incident, but not having clean sheets to sleep in when we arrived after a long day of work and travelling was not ideal...! (the owner was, however, very responsive and apologetic and arranged for the apartment to be serviced the day after, so on our return after our first day's skiing we had clean sheets and a clean apartment)
- Although a very short walk to the slope and bubble lift, it is a longer walk (circa 10 minutes) to the periphery of Les Houches town and therefore any bars and restaurants that are open in the evening.
- We never found the local supermarket (I assume it was a further walk into town, and we gave up before we got there) so if you plan on cooking, go shopping for groceries by car before you get there!
- There is limited hot water, so before we realised this on the first night, only one guest got a hot shower. Use hot water sparingly!
From the Owner
“Then based in Central London it was imperative that the geographic location of the property enabled weekend jaunts as well as being able to service much longer breaks and holidays. With Geneva airport under 1 hours drive away, and serviced by a highway which is open all year round, the Chamonix Valley became the focal point for our search, finally settling on the French Village of Les Houches.”
Activity and Interests
Geneva is the nearest airport, an hour's drive away 85kms. Car hire, or use of a car, is recommended, and snow chains may be required, weather dependant. Other airports serving the Chamonix area include Lyon (2hrs) and Grenoble 2hrs 30 mins.
However, if travelling during the ski season, there are various coach operators providing regular half-hour/hourly services to Les Houches, charging approximately 25 euros one way. The bus stop for this service is 10 mins' walk from the apartment.
Argentieres: 20 mins drive. Chamonix is a 10 mins drive. Le Brevent / Flegere 10 mins drive. Le Tour 25 mins drive.
The village of Les Houches has everything you need for your stay, including a number of bars and restaurants, a well-stocked supermarket, ski hire, gift shops, bakeries and convenience stores. A trip to Chamonix provides more extensive shopping and a busy apres-ski, restaurant and nightlife scene.
Summer activities: The main lifts in Les Houches are within easy walking distance (500m) of the apartment and are open throughout the summer for walking, hiking and mountain biking. The Les Houches mountain area provides miles of beautiful walks, trails and mountain bike tracks, together with access to the Mont Blanc tramway. Chamonix Golf Club also provides a summer option and in the winter Chamonix Ice hockey team is a fun trip too. For a full list of summer activities and lift opening times please contact www.chamonix.net
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
bal yr to xmas
29 Aug 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking confirmed upon receipt of the full payment due. Keys can either posted out to you (UK only) or be collected in the resort.
Less than 21 days before departure: 100% cancellation fee
Between 21 & 42 days before departure: 50% cancellation fee
43 days or more before departure: 10% cancellation fee
Unfortunately, although rare, cancellations may need to be made by the proprietors. In this case you will receive a full and prompt refund of all monies paid.
Preferred changeover day is Sunday, however where possible, we will try and accommodate your request.
Notes on prices:
The apartment is available for season-long rents at competitive prices, please feel free to contact us directly regarding pricing and availability.
Using the Owners Direct Payment Option
If paying by card, you have the option to pay direct to the owner or using the Owners direct website. The Owners direct has a 1.4 % charge in addition to the quoted rate that will be added to the payment request if that option is preferred. Paying direct to the owner through bank transfer is free of this charge.
Any cancellation refunds will be paid net of any transaction charges made through the website.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Over a decade later, our apartment still more than satisfies our original requirements especially given the recent refurbishment. Additionally as a direct result of the travel limitations inherent with our respective expanding families we have successfully begun renting the apartment to prospective guests.”
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- New white shower unit, wc and sink, mirrored wall cabinet and towel rail.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/4 (Studio Apartment) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1/lounge with double sofa bed. Bedroom 2/hallway with bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Please note the accommodation is compact and has a floor surface area of 16 square metres. Outside: French windows open out onto a sunny patio with table and chairs, from where you can soak up the scenery. There is also a children's playground and lake a short walk from the apartment, where you can fish and picnic during summer months. Plenty of uncovered parking is also available directly outside the apartment. Utility Room: Whislt there is no utility room there is a large external storage cupboard immediately next to the apartment which is readily accessible. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The concierge service ensures the apartment is cleaned, with all linen and towels washed and pressed, ready for your arrival. Other: The apartment also has a ski locker, large storage room and covered, secure car parking.